Compensatory picks announced: Rams get nothing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When do they announce them and are we due any this year?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When do they announce them and are we due any this year?
Not looking good for the Rams this time around ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...jecting-compensatory-picks-for-2018-nfl-draft

https://www.all22.com/nfl/nfl-com-releases-projections-comp-picks-2018-nfl-draft#.WnvDtrbMx-U

Nobody here to gain a compensatory pick from :

Eugene Sims DE 31 LA TBD -
Cory Harkey FB 27 LA TBD -
Dan Orlovsky QB 34 LA TBD -
Chase Reynolds RB 30 LA TBD -
Tre Mason RB 24 LA TBD -
David Arkin G 30 LA TBD -
Tre' Jackson G 25 LA TBD -
Stedman Bailey WR 27 LA TBD -
Brian Randolph S 25 LA TBD -
Kasim Edebali OLB 28 LA TBD -
Jerome Couplin FS 26 LA TBD -
Brandon Wegher RB 27 LA TBD -
Aaron Murray QB 27 LA TBD -
Kevin Short CB 26 LA TBD -
Dylan Thompson QB 26 LA TBD -
Andy Mulumba OLB

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
None this year for the Rams, we didn't lose any big free agents last off season and signed a couple.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...jecting-compensatory-picks-for-2018-nfl-draft

https://www.all22.com/nfl/nfl-com-releases-projections-comp-picks-2018-nfl-draft#.WnvDtrbMx-U

Tre Mason RB 24 LA TBD -
Andy Mulumba OLB
Good God, we're going to owe compensatory picks if those are our losses from last year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tre Mason RB 24 LA TBD -
Andy Mulumba OLB

Well, Keenum for instance would count towards compensation. But Whitworth played as much, got paid more, and made the probowl, so more than balances him out. A few others count too, but overall, the Rams gained by free agency last offseason. Keep in mind that it is only players who have played out their contracts who count towards compensation. Anyone cut by the team can be signed without helping his former team, or hurting his new team for compensation.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It would appear the only real unknown with the Rams draft will the Ravens finally keep their end of the deal on a trade that took place back on Oct. 3, 2015. The Ravens committed to send a future seventh-round pick to the Rams in exchange for Givens, what year this was to be done is still unknown. I would think that that 7th rd pick will come this draft.

Snead should have eight draft selections to work his magic. Six selection on the last day of the draft. Thus the Rams will have 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th & the Ravens 7th.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
It would appear the only real unknown with the Rams draft will the Ravens finally keep their end of the deal on a trade that took place back on Oct. 3, 2015. The Ravens committed to send a future seventh-round pick to the Rams in exchange for Givens, what year this was to be done is still unknown. I would think that that 7th rd pick will come this draft.

Snead should have eight draft selections to work his magic. Six selection on the last day of the draft. Thus the Rams will have 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th & the Ravens 7th.

The Rams used that pick from the Ravens in the 2017 draft to take Ejuan Price.

Round 7, Pick 16 (234) (From Ravens) Ejuan Price DE 5'11" 241 Pittsburgh 5.4
Pick Analysis: Price has size and health concerns but he has some of the flashiest film of any pass rusher in this year's class. It's tough to call it a coincidence he's joining a team that features another undersized former Pitt Panther in Aaron Donald. --Mark Dulgerian

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Tre Mason RB 24 LA TBD -
Andy Mulumba OLB

Brian Randolph (LMAO)

He is so much better than Cody Davies. He is the next Pro Bowl Safety like Michael Stewart , If not as good as Rodney McLeod.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
none....time for some udfa magic from Snead

Oh yeah - there you are LA . You had that J. Bo believing you last year as well.
Are you still drinking his purple Koolaide.

The MLB (Auburn) you liked who was with Oakland & Niners was a good LBer. The only thing was he was a head case.
When he had 2 dumb Personal fouls it was good riddance .

Ray Ray ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sammy Watkins trade will not be worth the 2nd pick unles they get a 3rd rd comp if he walks ? If he signs as well , then it was by far worth it.

I don’t think he is worth the franchise tag , & still wonder where that rumor came from ?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brian Randolph (LMAO)

He is so much better than Cody Davies. He is the next Pro Bowl Safety like Michael Stewart , If not as good as Rodney McLeod.
Brian Randolph can play....just cause we cut someone/trade someone/don't use someone, doesn't change that. What, you didn't see a guy we just got rid of win the SB MVP? Guy said he almost quit football after playing here? Oh, he doesn't count?
Oh yeah - there you are LA . You had that J. Bo believing you last year as well.
Are you still drinking his purple Koolaide.

The MLB (Auburn) you liked who was with Oakland & Niners was a good LBer. The only thing was he was a head case.
When he had 2 dumb Personal fouls it was good riddance .

Ray Ray ?
and Ray Ray can play as well....
curious, who is J. Bo???

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tre Mason RB 24 LA TBD -
Andy Mulumba OLB

Thanks for the bad news! :rant:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brian Randolph can play....just cause we cut someone/trade someone/don't use someone, doesn't change that. What, you didn't see a guy we just got rid of win the SB MVP? Guy said he almost quit football after playing here? Oh, he doesn't count?
and Ray Ray can play as well....
curious, who is J. Bo???

Jake Bogan 95 is The guy who writes articles on The Rams & does a podcast.
I went with J. Bo
He was saying last year during OTA’s that Randolph was going to start He comes up with a lot of scenarios on players. I like to challenge them.
—I’d say I was pretty right on.

Hey LA I’ve been drinking the koolaide for a long time. I liked Ray Ray way back with you because of his talent. I changed up when I thought he was a head case.
He has talent & is a bubble starter in the NFL . He just makes a lot of mistakes.

Nick Foles — Fisher was a jerk. Johnny Hekker said I believe at a pro bowl interview that the GB game messed him up. — Nick has always been a huge believer in the lord. He is always thinking God has a plan for him. He also played in the Pro Bowl when The RMs traded for him , just like Jared Goff did.

Randolph though is has never even taken a snap in the NFL ? There is all kinds of players that have NFL talent. I just don’t see him ever playing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...atory-draft-picks-awarded-for-2018-nfl-draft/

Full list of compensatory draft picks awarded for 2018 NFL Draft
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 23, 2018

Here’s a look at the full list of compensatory picks allocated for the 2018 NFL Draft, which the league announced Friday:

(Round-overall selection, team)

3-97 Cardinals

3-98 Texans

3-99 Broncos

3-100 Bengals

4-133 Packers

4-134 Cardinals

4-135 Giants

4-136 Patriots

4-137 Cowboys

5-170 Bengals

5-171 Cowboys

5-172 Packers

5-173 Cowboys

5-174 Packers

6-207 Packers

6-208 Cowboys

6-209 Chiefs

6-210 Raiders

6-211 Texans

6-212 Raiders

6-213 Vikings

6-214 Texans

6-215 Ravens

6-216 Raiders

6-217 Raiders

6-218 Vikings

7-251 Chargers

7-252 Bengals

7-253 Bengals

7-254 Cardinals

7-255 Buccaneers

7-256 Falcons

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Not as bad as the roster turnover from Spags to Fisher
I didn't mean that it was worse than ever before. Just that it was ugly.

But to be fair, we used to lose people that would go on to be meh to ok elsewhere. That list isn't going anywhere.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

That's a helluva lotta picks. Loving this off-season so far