Communication Technology you Personally Experienced/Owned

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I remember some time in the 80's this guy at the golf driving range had this box with a phone attached. It made a funny noise and the guy picks up the phone and starts talking. Apparently he was a doctor who had to be reached when needed so he hauled this thing around. I was amazed at the technology of this box that looked like a small suitcase being able to use as a phone. Heck, at that time I still used a landline phone with a rotary dial.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I remember some time in the 80's this guy at the golf driving range had this box with a phone attached. It made a funny noise and the guy picks up the phone and starts talking. Apparently he was a doctor who had to be reached when needed so he hauled this thing around. I was amazed at the technology of this box that looked like a small suitcase being able to use as a phone. Heck, at that time I still used a landline phone with a rotary dial.
Yep. My dad has one. He had a jack attached to his Cadillac so the horn would honk if he got a call while away from it. IIRR, it cost over $3.50 per minute back in the mid 70s.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. My dad has one. He had a jack attached to his Cadillac so the horn would honk if he got a call while away from it. IIRR, it cost over $3.50 per minute back in the mid 70s.
it was "more economical" in the 80's @ $1.00 per minute.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That reminds me of the days when minutes were limited and I had to confiscate my teen age kids cell phones when it got close to going over. Otherwise my bill would be twice as much. When the free minutes would start at 9 you would think they'd wait till then when the phone rang at 8:30. No, they just had to answer it because they were afraid to miss out on something.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ce62ead3c3.jpeg