Comments I've seen in the last week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like I said before, Torry needs to learn that less is more. He just needs to calm down a little and take his time making a point instead of just shotgunning a bunch of words out as fast as he can.
Being an announcer is a really tough job. Some people are just better than others.

But his role is really as a SME (subject matter expert) and not an announcer. The success metrics are different... it's more about knowledge than delivery. I think we're trying to map deliver expectations on a SME, and that's not really fair.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
An interesting social experiment would be for people who aren't announcers (Torry isn't really an announcer until recently) to watch a game on mute and do the running commentary on it into a microphone. The first person to post that here (YouTube will suffice) gets $2,000,000 ROD duckets from yours truly.

Takers? lol.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
An interesting social experiment would be for people who aren't announcers (Torry isn't really an announcer until recently) to watch a game on mute and do the running commentary on it into a microphone. The first person to post that here (YouTube will suffice) gets $2,000,000 ROD duckets from yours truly.

Takers? lol.
Why don't we just create a contest. Everyone submits their best effort and then we all get to vote for a winner. We should gets lots of submissions :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why don't we just create a contest. Everyone submits their best effort and then we all get to vote for a winner. We should gets lots of submissions :)
I'd be cool with that. But somehow I don't think there will be many takers.
Sounds easy enough. But it's not. Especially live.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Takers? lol.

Lol, I bet everyone sounds just like him or worse.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've heard the dome does suck.
It "sucks" to people who are hard to please,I have been to circa 20 games there and it beats the hell out of outside , you can go and sit in shorts and a t shirt at any game , but I'm into not being assaulted by the elements ,nuthin worse than being at a game when it's cold and your getting housed

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It "sucks" to people who are hard to please,I have been to circa 20 games there and it beats the hell out of outside , you can go and sit in shorts and a t shirt at any game , but I'm into not being assaulted by the elements ,nuthin worse than being at a game when it's cold and your getting housed
Yeah, sitting in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum on a hot day is just the opposite...Almost like hell, but more humid & muggy.....I like domes, I always liked it when no one could win out there....Hope the noise returns....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yeah, sitting in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum on a hot day is just the opposite...Almost like hell, but more humid & muggy.....I like domes, I always liked it when no one could win out there....Hope the noise returns....
those 4th qtr fights in the stands on a hot day were something to see.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
HaHa wish I could of been at those games but location and age doesn't help.
Sometimes you'd just see bodies go flying. It was wild. Especially when we'd romp all over teams like the whiners and falcons... people would just drink beer after beer in the hot sun. And by the 4th qtr sure enuf someone would get sick of listening to someone else's comments or yelling. Tempers would rise, a few words would be exchanged, then mayhem ensued. And the cops always, and I mean always, took away the wrong guy.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Sometimes you'd just see bodies go flying. It was wild. Especially when we'd romp all over teams like the whiners and falcons... people would just drink beer after beer in the hot sun. And by the 4th qtr sure enuf someone would get sick of listening to someone else's comments or yelling. Tempers would rise, a few words would be exchanged, then mayhem ensued. And the cops always, and I mean always, took away the wrong guy.
LMAO that sounds crazy as hell and like a good time! One that I'll never get to experience but enjoy hearing about. I bet Raiders and Whiners games were always out of hand! lol Heat in all situations doesn't help matters and heat with alcohol? Can't even imagine! lol Why I won't go to a Raider in Oakland!!!
I like watching videos on youtube of fan fights crazy stuff!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

Takers? lol.

Do I have to put on an American accent? :/

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Do I have to put on an American accent? :/

A. We don't have accents - strangely, we are the only people in the world who don't.

B. While you will likely sound smarter to us on most subjects in your natural voice (why we mistake a British accent for increased intelligence is for another thread) - in football, I think it backfires on you. Even hearing the word "football" in a British accent would make me think that you were talking about soccer.

C. I have no third point (or even a first or second one), but if I am going to have A and B, it kind of feels necessary to have a C.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not in many years. I used to go on it semi-regularly (sideline videographer and the occasional marching band thing). If the new turf is good, I'll take you at your word. I remember the old astroturf carpet of cementy death.

This aint the old AstroTurf.

New AstroTurf Headed For St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome
The sports surface installed at the Edward Jones Dome for the St. Louis Rams football season is called The Magic Carpet II™ Conversion System, which features the GameDay™ Grass 3D Synthetic Turf System.

“This turf gives us a more cost effective way to convert the Edward Jones Dome from a football facility to a convention facility,” said Nick Langella, senior vice president and general manager of the America’s Center convention complex. “A convertible field is designed to be removed and stored away when not in use, which allows us the opportunity to produce conventions, trade shows and other economically important activities to take place in the Dome during football season.”

The Magic Carpet System features more than 25,000 yards of carpet, or enough to cover 7.5 football fields. The Magic Carpet consists of five basic components: the pit, lid, drive roll machinery, air blower system, and the hydraulic winch system. Hydraulic winches pull the AstroTurf carpet out of the pit and onto the Dome floor. After use, the AstroTurf carpet is rolled up by the drive roll mechanism in the pit. The lid covering the pit is flush with the floor and can withstand 400 pounds of weight per square foot. This allows for total use of the floor by trade shows and conventions.

GameDay Grass 3D, the same grass in use at Rams Park, is one of the most advanced synthetic turf products. It features best-in-class performance and safety benefits, and characteristics that closely mimic the look and feel of natural grass.

For more information about the Edward Jones Dome’s new turf, visit www.astroturf.com http://www.astroturf.com/products/

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
A. We don't have accents - strangely, we are the only people in the world who don't.

B. While you will likely sound smarter to us on most subjects in your natural voice (why we mistake a British accent for increased intelligence is for another thread) - in football, I think it backfires on you. Even hearing the word "football" in a British accent would make me think that you were talking about soccer.

C. I have no third point (or even a first or second one), but if I am going to have A and B, it kind of feels necessary to have a C.

A - I remember when I was in Florida when I was young kid , someone asked me if I spoke American.. I said no... English ;)

B - I'll drop various hints of sarcasm in there as well, just to give it a further edge and confuse a few people