Coach McVay on Chris Long podcast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Always loved Long, Laurinaitis, and Quinn. All three of them were talented and brilliant football minds.
Them + SJax kept me watching the Rams. They helped keep games close, though teams didn't have to do much to win against us back then. Mostly we couldn't even stop vanilla schemes -- though that wasn't mainly their fault, hard to stop the run when they could run right up the gut at us all day long & only had some human turnstiles & AO to beat. That was, until AD showed up...

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Wait. You just admitted to looking it up in the urban dictionary. And if I wasn't so old I'd know what that is.

Now...
Angry Old Man GIF by South Park
But here's thing, calling someone a "G" is an older millennial saying. The Gen Z kids don't use that so he's transitioning from the relatable peer stage to the uncle that tries to be cool. I've heard him say that multiple times so I'm sure he uses it a lot.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"How can we maximize their skill sets." It sounds so simple, but I think it's a rare trait in coaches. The coaches that mold their gameplan around the players they have tend to get better results. I'm glad we have him as a head coach.
For a long time coaching was considered forcing the players to fit in their system, sort of like beating your kids to teach them. That was just the way. Belichick was innovative in that he got players that fit his system and they weren't necessarily high round draft picks. McVay sort of did the same BUT he was also was willing to change his system or game plan to fit his available players. That's how F&^K them picks was created. They went after the key plays that fit the scheme they wanted to employ. More and more coaches are starting to do this. Just my view.