Chris Long Tweet Today and a Few Comments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm not talking about the people in the OP, or anyone here, but if I ever get to the point that I have to lose my ever-loving mind, and have my world come crashing down around me after my favorite team tosses a clunker, then I really need to find something else to do with my time. That's far too much power other people have over my life in that case.

Did they try? Good enough for me.
Did they lose? Well, that sucks. Get after it next time.
Did they win? Awesome. Now I can see/hear some positive stuff for a week.

It's a freakin' game. No offense to anyone, but that's really all it is.

No offense taken
But your post is rather simplistic don't you think? Or maybe even borderline patronizing cause I'm not sure that despite your attempt to make clear you don't mean to talk about anyone here that you in fact have -- I mean there is an implication that those of us Ram fans that take exception to this loss and more specifically Chris Long's tweet have somehow failed to realize - as you say so profoundly - that football is just a game. I'm not sure what the point was of your bumper sticker esque point - cause if your not implying some of us have lost our "ever loving mind" then why bring it up?

Now I hope nobody reads this the wrong way - because I surely shouldnt have that power, just like you imply that a shitty performance from my favorite team shouldn't have the power to negatively effect my week

I mean - seriously, if a horrible Rams loss like we all just saw can't put a damper my week than id rather be dead cause that means I would have lost all passion, not only for this great franchise, but for life in general

Personally I don't think anybody -- and I'm saying the people out there in the world you are actually referring too -- shouldn't never have their degree of passion questioned - especially on threads which ask people to vent or threads that bring up stupid tweets by players who aren't too sensitive

No offense. I'm ready to move on the Pittsburgh and get a solid victory. Maybe this season isn't ruined but we are one onside kick from being 0-2

Last edited:

fancents86

Starter
I have no problem with what Long said. Maybe the delivery isn't ideal, but I think I get what he's trying to say.

Does anyone want Foles coming out going, 'well I had that crappy drive in the 4th where I couldn't get a 1st down and keep momentum. Pretty broke up about it and I'll be trying to get over it all week.'

Seems to be that people are upset Long isn't moping about a loss. To me it seems he wants to focus on what this team has and can do, rather than how they failed.
Why does it have to be either black or white? Why can't they admit their mistakes and vow to not let that sh!t happen again? That's what I want. Accountability. Not living in the past.

Debacled

Starter
Yeesh people get all kinds of bent out of shape from just about anything anymore.

We are talking about Chris Long here. The same Long that has been with the team since 2008. The same Long that is used to his team getting kicked in the teeth by everyone (especially the Seahawks). Hell if I were him I'd relish that win over the entire year. All he said is he knows what this team is capable of.

Its a 16 game season, just for the regular season. One game is one game.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I'm not talking about the people in the OP, or anyone here, but if I ever get to the point that I have to lose my ever-loving mind, and have my world come crashing down around me after my favorite team tosses a clunker, then I really need to find something else to do with my time. That's far too much power other people have over my life in that case.

Did they try? Good enough for me.
Did they lose? Well, that sucks. Get after it next time.
Did they win? Awesome. Now I can see/hear some positive stuff for a week.

It's a freakin' game. No offense to anyone, but that's really all it is.
You are dead on, and I totally agree. How anyone lets a loss affect them the way it does is beyond me. This is a major reason why I will not actually pray for a win under any circumstance. It's a game, people!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Okay so on one hand I have Chris Long giving me permission to be pissed

And on the other hand we have -X- saying we shouldn't be pissed cause it's just a game

Which to chose ....:confused:

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yeesh people get all kinds of bent out of shape from just about anything anymore.

We are talking about Chris Long here. The same Long that has been with the team since 2008. The same Long that is used to his team getting kicked in the teeth by everyone (especially the Seahawks). Hell if I were him I'd relish that win over the entire year. All he said is he knows what this team is capable of.

Its a 16 game season, just for the regular season. One game is one game.
And why is everyone focusing on the "Seahawks" thing? I took it as him saying they won last week, not the fact that it was the Seahawks in particular. You win some, you lose some, is what I got from it. Long's heart is in it fully, I don't question what he said one bit.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry but we aren't icehole Philly fans who'v had back to back winning seasons yet constantly bitch or are some other snobby franchise. this is literally the worst franchise of the past decade and everybody knows the Rams have enough talent to actually make a push and we get this same lame ass excuse year after year partially cus of QB play. we crushed the skins last year with a backup QB. Who honestly in that game was more accurate than Nick Foles was yesterday even without pressure. But back on topic no team deserves respect if year in and year out they beat some of the best teams in the league but constantly crap a brick on the games that should be a layup. the fans have every damn right to be pissed off at this point with players and coaches. i was hoping Long would've given a more leadership like tweet. taking partial blame for horrible run D just own up and tell us the team will work harder not say "well guys we beat so and so last week so its ok.." bullcrap sorry and i love Chris Long but i obviously aint happy with him or the rest. I was at that game and listen to the jeers and laughter and had that crap rubbed in my face cus for once i stood up and had confidence that crap was being pulled together but i was wrong, I'm 10 minutes from the Skins training facility and the GM's wife workouts at the gym a train at. I got to spend my monday having my freakin redskins boss, who got free tickets from the GM's wife, trash talk and crap all over me all day at work. so I'm coming here to blow of serious steam and say that tweet is utter bullcrap. apology not excepted right now Chris, when tho you never even actually offered an apology. if it was me i would've nutted up and tweeted one apology

(quick note- 14 years without a 2-0 start, 14...)
I understand what you are saying and I'm not telling fans not to be pissed all I'm saying is that what they say in public can be completely different then what's going on in that locker room.. As a fan we can vent and we can say things that they can't at least not publicly.. all I'm saying is give it more than 2 games fellows and to me that's what CL was saying we are 1-1 not 0-2 but people are acting like we are 0-2 like the colts

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why does it have to be either black or white? Why can't they admit their mistakes and vow to not let that sh!t happen again? That's what I want. Accountability. Not living in the past.

Why should they? That shit happens in the locker-room when the film is on. They don't owe anyone anything on social media. The fans don't own them. They don't owe fans "accountability."

fancents86

Starter
You are dead on, and I totally agree. How anyone lets a loss affect them the way it does is beyond me. This is a major reason why I will not actually pray for a win under any circumstance. It's a game, people!
Well I've spent $300 already this season just to watch this game, as well as spent hundreds more dollars on team merch, game tickets, and what not. I think people like me have a little bit to be pissed about when a team member says stuff like this. But in reality I'm pretty used to it already so I think I've become immune to the let downs.

fancents86

Starter
Why should they? That crap happens in the locker-room when the film is on. They don't owe anyone anything on social media. The fans don't own them. They don't owe fans "accountability."
this fits in perfectly with what I just wrote above.

Debacled

Starter
And why is everyone focusing on the "Seahawks" thing? I took it as him saying they won last week, not the fact that it was the Seahawks in particular. You win some, you lose some, is what I got from it. Long's heart is in it fully, I don't question what he said one bit.

Divisional opponent. It is a Seahawks thing. You think these guys don't get especially revved up to try and kick some ass and take some names when it comes to peteys pukes who have been kings of the division for a number of years here recently?

I just wish the team would get that fired up every week. They ALWAYS seem to hit another gear for the divisional games and let off the gas when it comes to anyone else. Thats the only problem I have. I have no issue with what Long said.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Well I've spent $300 already this season just to watch this game, as well as spent hundreds more dollars on team merch, game tickets, and what not. I think people like me have a little bit to be pissed about when a team member says stuff like this. But in reality I'm pretty used to it already so I think I've become immune to the let downs.
Hey, I spent $250 on tickets last Sunday myself, but I refuse to let it affect me like it has some. I have the right to be pissed too, but naw, I can't let it get to me like that. The outcome of a game is not going to ruin my evening and the rest of the week. I refuse to let it come to that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this fits in perfectly with what I just wrote above.

Get over it. What you spent is irrelevant. I've spent a lot of money at Publix. I don't have the expectation that a Publix corporate officer owes me and everybody else an apology when they fuck up.

These guys are accountable to their coaches and teammates, not the fans. The Rams organization is accountable to the fans. You have an issue with the team and no longer want to support it, that's your right. Stop spending money.

The only thing the players owe you is their best effort on game day. I don't think any person on this board would question Long's effort.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, I spent $250 on tickets last Sunday myself, but I refuse to let it affect me like it has some. I have the right to be pissed too, but naw, I can't let it get to me like that. The outcome of a game is not going to ruin my evening and the rest of the week. I refuse to let it come to that.

Do you? You got what you paid for. Just saying.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Do you? You got what you paid for. Just saying.
I may have, but I remember sitting towards the end of the game last week saying to myself that I at least got to a attend very entertaining game for the money I paid BEFORE the comeback and OT win. Again, I refuse to let it get to me. There is way too much more in life to be concerned about than a loss.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No offense taken
But your post is rather simplistic don't you think? Or maybe even borderline patronizing cause I'm not sure that despite your attempt to make clear you don't mean to talk about anyone here that you in fact have -- I mean there is an implication that those of us Ram fans that take exception to this loss and more specifically Chris Long's tweet have somehow failed to realize - as you say so profoundly - that football is just a game. I'm not sure what the point was of your bumper sticker esque point - cause if your not implying some of us have lost our "ever loving mind" then why bring it up?

Now I hope nobody reads this the wrong way - because I surely shouldnt have that power, just like you imply that a crappy performance from my favorite team shouldn't have the power to negatively effect my week

I mean - seriously, if a horrible Rams loss like we all just saw can't put a damper my week than id rather be dead cause that means I would have lost all passion, not only for this great franchise, but for life in general

Personally I don't think anybody -- and I'm saying the people out there in the world you are actually referring too -- shouldn't never have their degree of passion questioned - especially on threads which ask people to vent or threads that bring up stupid tweets by playerit s who aren't too sensitive

No offense. I'm ready to move on the Pittsburgh and get a solid victory. Maybe this season isn't ruined but we are one onside kick from being 0-2
Understand that I read ALL the boards, ALL the blogs, and listen to quite a few radio call-in shows. If you took exception to what I said, then I can't do anything about that. It just hit home for you, I guess. And sure I'm being patronizing. That's kind of what I do, and there's nothing I can do about that either. I get just as passionate as the next guy when the team is *winning*, but I don't get nearly as bent out of shape if they're losing. Because, really, what the hell can I do about that? I just remind myself that these are guys who don't know me, couldn't care less what I think, and would likely think I'm completely unqualified to even weigh in on how inept they are, considering they've achieved a level I can only dream of. It would be like me storming into NASA and bitching about the jet propulsion technology they're utilizing.

Sure it puts a damper on my day, but that's about the extent of it. Suggesting we cut players, fire coaches, and call elite athletes all kinds of unsavory names is about as fucking stupid as it gets for me. And that's absolutely a "me problem." I get just as indignant at those who bitch at people who make minimum wage and serve them coffee or bring them food. Get off your high horse, have a big slice of shut the fuck up, and remedy whatever inadequacy problem is plaguing your miserable life. Because nobody wants to hear that noise. Do you enjoy it when you see people do that?

Lastly, I'm uniquely qualified to have an opinion on this matter because I built this board SOLELY to escape that kind of bitchassness that pervades the internet. If I wanted to read about how shitty all the players are, how inept all the coaching is, and how I *deserve* more out of the product than I'm receiving, then I could go to any other board out there and get my fill. I spend almost all of my time here because it's supposed to be the one place where that stuff can be contained in one thread and not spill out all over the board itself. When it bleeds into other threads, it's kind of like having your favorite movie interrupted by a State of the Union Address. All day. For a week straight.

No thanks.

fancents86

Starter
Get over it. What you spent is irrelevant. I've spent a lot of money at Publix. I don't have the expectation that a Publix corporate officer owes me and everybody else an apology when they freak up.

These guys are accountable to their coaches and teammates, not the fans. The Rams organization is accountable to the fans. You have an issue with the team and no longer want to support it, that's your right. Stop spending money.

The only thing the players owe you is their best effort on game day. I don't think any person on this board would question Long's effort.
Can't really compare a grocery store to a football franchise or any sport franchise for that matter. I don't see anyone getting stoked on going Into publix wearing war paint or dressing up in publix colors lol. I understand they're both businesses but there is an emotional connection with sports.

Either way, I never stated I let this game ruin my week or what have you, in fact I even said that I wasn't even really affected by the games turn out. A player can say whatever he wants to social media and the fans, and it may get criticized depending on what he said. I personally don't think what he said was particularly in good taste considering the constant state of this franchise. I've been brought up the way that you don't live in the past. You constantly keep moving forward. If you fail, you suck it up, admit it, and focus on what's in front of you. Not saying "well remember that one time". To me that's a defeatist attitude. Now I understand holding Longs values to my own is unreasonable and I don't expect him to change his because of one thing anyone said. I was just stating my opinion, which we all have. If you are perfectly ok with spending money on a team that showed up last Sunday, than more power to you. Some are not though. Just depends on the standards that you hold your investments to.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't really compare a grocery store to a football franchise or any sport franchise for that matter. I don't see anyone getting stoked on going Into publix wearing war paint or dressing up in publix colors lol. I understand they're both businesses but there is an emotional connection with sports.

So what? There are people with an emotional connection to a lot of things. It doesn't change how things are. The players aren't accountable to you. They're accountable to their employer and supervisors.

Either way, I never stated I let this game ruin my week or what have you, in fact I even said that I wasn't even really affected by the games turn out. A player can say whatever he wants to social media and the fans, and it may get criticized depending on what he said. I personally don't think what he said was particularly in good taste considering the constant state of this franchise. I've been brought up the way that you don't live in the past. You constantly keep moving forward. If you fail, you suck it up, admit it, and focus on what's in front of you. Not saying "well remember that one time". To me that's a defeatist attitude. Now I understand holding Longs values to my own is unreasonable and I don't expect him to change his because of one thing he said. I was just stating my opinion, which we all have. If you are perfectly ok with spending money on a team that showed up last Sunday, than more power to you. Some are not though. Just depends on the standards that you hold your investments to.

The team that showed up on Sunday is the same team that's showed up for the past decade. Yet, here we are still spending money.

If I solely cared about rooting for a winner, I'd go root for the Cheatriots.

As for what Long said, I see nothing to get upset over. I don't see him dodging responsibility. I see people reading their own agenda into his words.