Chris Long poised to have a career year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
A I'm sorry I just tell it how I see it. He's only had 10 + sacks twice
Yeah, he had 13 and 11.5. But he also had two 8.5 sack seasons. Coming in well rested and healed up, with the best group he's been with in his life, 10 sacks doesn't seem too farfetched, right?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Im sorry but I think Long gets no more than 4-5 sacks this year . Also no way he's still on our team next year without a pay cut
looking at his career stats AND longevity and run stopping ability and the fact he's never played next to Donald at 100% until now.. would make you say he's gonna bust this year given DE's also can peak in their late 20's to early 30's?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I think there is much more to his game than sacks. Watching the opposing QB go down with blue jersey's draped all over him is awesome but Long brings a lot more to his position than just sacks. Dang it! lets start the season already!

lockdnram21

Legend
Yeah, he had 13 and 11.5. But he also had two 8.5 sack seasons. Coming in well rested and healed up, with the best group he's been with in his life, 10 sacks doesn't seem too farfetched, right?
yes considering how quick Donald gets in backfield and how quick Quinn is. This will probably be Longs last season with rams

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here are some stats for those out their who think Chris doesn't compare well with his Dad, Howie!
Chris;
Career Sacks-51.5
Howie; ( @ same pointin his Career!) 35 Sacks!
Chris; Two seasons w/10 or more Sacks. ( 11.5/13)
Howie; One, at same point in his Career. (10 sacks)
Although Howie went on to have Two more years w/10+ Sacks (12/13)
and his Career total is 84 sacks in 13 seasons!

So my points are:
* Chris has done Daddy proud!
* And Chris can finish waaay ahead of Daddy!!
* Chris has 6 more seasons to match Howie!!!!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Here are some stats for those out their who think Chris doesn't compare well with his Dad, Howie!

Howie played in a different scheme. Not an even comparison of sacks for 3-4 to 4-3. Howie could play any position on the line, a lot of DT and sometimes NT.

Still pretty one-sided in Pro Bowls, Super Bowl rings and gold jackets.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Howie played in a different scheme. Not an even comparison of sacks for 3-4 to 4-3. Howie could play any position on the line, a lot of DT and sometimes NT.

Still pretty one-sided in Pro Bowls, Super Bowl rings and gold jackets.
I guess we will just have to see how the next 6 years go!:D to me a 3-4 scheme is easier! I think with Donald @DT Chris's best years are ahead of him!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/chris-long-rams-throwback/

Throwback: Chris Long
MAY 28 2015
PHOTOS COURTESY OF CHRIS LONG

CHRIS LONG
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR

Introducing Throwback, TPT’s own #TBT, a space for athletes to share old photos, videos and memorabilia from their archives. Kicking it off is our own Social Media Editor, Chris Long of the St. Louis Rams.

Untitled-110-300x228.jpg

This is in 1996 on a family vacation in Montana, where our family has been going every summer since 1990. That’s me on the left, my middle brother Kyle in the middle and my youngest brother Howard, Jr. on the right.

Untitled-25-300x228.jpg

A strange day at the “office”: This one’s from 2013 when Kyle (middle) and I played our first NFL game against each other. Howard, Jr. (left) works in personnel for the Raiders, so we all met up in the tunnel after the game. It was a heated game on top of a long week of media attention about the “battle” between two brothers. To be honest, we were all just happy it was over. We needed a quick sibling cool-down.