Chris Harris wants trade or extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
i wouldn’t mind reuniting him with Talib. Trade peters and a lower pick maybe? Thoughts?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i wouldn’t mind reuniting him with Talib. Trade peters and a lower pick maybe? Thoughts?
First though is have you seen his contract demands? Second though is have you seen our cap situation and what it is going forward?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Peters & Talib are sort of tight. Pleasant & Wade have trust in Peters.He is not going anywhere??Then again on The grid Webster got released. He was one of the first players on it.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First though is have you seen his contract demands? Second though is have you seen our cap situation and what it is going forward?

Yes I have seen these things, and i also see Peters is a FA this coming offseason and is going to want similar money as well. If I get to choose I would prefer the corner who fits wades system better

Psycho_X

Legend
Same position as Nickel Robey-Coleman so we don’t have a use for him as long as NRC is here and he costs less than half what Harris is asking for. So no, not a need for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I have seen these things, and i also see Peters is a FA this coming offseason and is going to want similar money as well. If I get to choose I would prefer the corner who fits wades system better
How are you even going to pay him this year? That’s the issue even getting rid of Peters this years guaranteed money doesn’t cut it. It’s a nice dream but that’s all it is.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Not to mention, Harris is coming off a later season devastating ruptured achillies tear. Not the kind of injury I'd want to gamble on for a position that needs to be quick twitch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
At some point the Rams need to draft and develop some CBs. Hopefully that starts this year or next.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

I can't see any team paying Peters a kings ransom. He was one of the worst CB's last year in every category. Yeah he played better in the playoffs but still got his arse kicked a number of times. I hope he gets a fresh reality check this next offseason.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't see any team paying Peters a kings ransom. He was one of the worst CB's last year in every category. Yeah he played better in the playoffs but still got his arse kicked a number of times. I hope he gets a fresh reality check this next offseason.

Huh?

He was a top 5 CB in the entire NFL after our bye week. With Talib on the field he was elite.

Or another way to look at it is: he was really good before he got injured, and once he had a week off to rest, he was elite again.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
If Harris brought his 15 m ask down to 11m I would jump at it if medical checks out. Wade and Talib know him well.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Huh?

He was a top 5 CB in the entire NFL after our bye week. With Talib on the field he was elite.

Or another way to look at it is: he was really good before he got injured, and once he had a week off to rest, he was elite again.

Or maybe he's not covering the best WR when Talib is on the field.

dang

Legend
Huh?

HUH? Peters has a poor year. He had to have been one of the worst tackling CBS in the league and got burned more than a ginger baby in the tropical sun. His ONLY saving grace from total wretchedness was he toughed out his injury and he played better once Talib returned. I have high hopes for him this year but I give him a D+ for all of last year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HUH? Peters has a poor year. He had to have been one of the worst tackling CBS in the league and got burned more than a ginger baby in the tropical sun. His ONLY saving grace from total wretchedness was he toughed out his injury and he played better once Talib returned. I have high hopes for him this year but I give him a D+ for all of last year.

He was pretty good before the injury - and whether it was because of Talib's return, or because he got to take a week off to heal - was pretty good or better after the bye.

Going by how sucky he was when he was injured is not a good way to evaluate him, unless you evaluate every CB by how they play when they have a moderate at least ankle injury.

I expect him to have an excellent season even with his flaws - and then sign elsewhere for more than the Rams want to spend.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd love to bring in Harris, but I believe he wants $15M/yr and we already have Talib, Peters, and NRC. I think Rams would be better off drafting a CB.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Huh?

Stats may say that, but he can't cover any WR 1 on 1 all over the field---neither the speed or quickness; he is no bettter than Tru Jo was...though Peters is a good athlete, I hope we don't sign him long term.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I said top 5 after our bye. From week 13 through the Super Bowl he was a top 5 rated CB by PFF.

While Talib was out (and he was probably injured) he wasn't good - but before and after that he was elite.

Please show me that. I can't find that info anywhere