CB suggestions?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He was traded because the Bills needed a CB, especially with game experience and were trying to milk all they could out of the deal outside of the 2nd rounder. Not to mention they more and likely wouldn't have done the deal without him thrown in. True story bro.
E.J. is and was a zone corner, Wade does not run a zone scheme. That’s a true story and it was talked about here at length after the trade.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
E.J. is and was a zone corner, Wade does not run a zone scheme. That’s a true story and it was talked about here at length after the trade.

He's played both. In college mostly in Zone, under Greg Williams more Man, ... at Buffalo more Zone.
Admittedly, Gaines may not be the best fit under Phillips, but Webster isn't the answer for that #2 role imo. Gaines had his great season as a Ram when a rookie, then missed 2015 with his lis franc injury which is quite difficult to recover from, and 2016 wasn't a good year for him, ... his 2017 play proved his recovery prior to the more recent and far less severe knee injury. jmo.

Last edited:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read the below quote.
He's played both. In college mostly in Zone, under Greg Williams more Man, ... at Buffalo more Zone.
Admittedly, Gaines may not be the best fit under Phillips, but Webster isn't the answer for that #2 role imo. Gaines had his great season as a Ram when a rookie, then missed 2015 with his lis franc injury which is quite difficult to recover from, and 2016 wasn't a good year for him, ... his 2017 play proved his recovery prior to the
Nice post. Refreshing to have someone who sees and knows the difference from man and zone and what someone played in. Gaines can play in man and was effective in man.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gaines is not a man press corner. Not a good one anyway.

And I am sure Old school knows the difference. Maybe you are the one that doesn't.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gaines is not a man press corner. Not a good one anyway.

Yeah that ship has sailed. Makes zero sense to try to bring back a guy they already moved, when he's going to cost even more due to the market.

Wade is going to do what he does, i.e. identify guys for Les who are fits and the Rams are going to draft the position. Only question for me is whether they do it in round 1 or 3.

We are extremely fortunate this year in that our needs align very nicely with our draft positions. They just need to ensure they bring back Joyner and NRC, that way they won't feel the need to reach there at 23.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah that ship has sailed. Makes zero sense to try to bring back a guy they already moved, when he's going to cost even more due to the market.

Wade is going to do what he does, i.e. identify guys for Les who are fits and the Rams are going to draft the position. Only question for me is whether they do it in round 1 or 3.

We are extremely fortunate this year in that our needs align very nicely with our draft positions. They just need to ensure they bring back Joyner and NRC, that way they won't feel the need to reach there at 23.

As good as Joyner is, I wouldn’t over pay him. They could get a cheaper SS if he wants top dollar.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My suggestion is we re-sign NRC and TruJo.

In that case, we have:

Trumaine
Webster (if he comes back healthy)
NRC
Hill
Peterson

With Joyner being able to play in a pinch. I'd be fine with drafting/developing another CB, but if we re-sign our guys, we don't need to spend a premium pick on a CB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As good as Joyner is, I wouldn’t over pay him. They could get a cheaper SS if he wants top dollar.

There is a line with him, I agree. I just like the flexibility he brings as well. I'd try hard to get him inked.