Casserly: "I rate Watkins ahead of Julio Jones"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Don't forget, tough wise, Jones ran a 4.3 40 with a broken foot. I'm out of this. Best wishes, especially for our team. Watkins said he would break the 40 record...did he? No, not close. I like him, but not at @ #2.

Watkins isn't even the fastest in his family.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taller? Yes.

Faster? Only if you use the combine and not game speed.

Tougher? Heck no.

Better run after catch? Nope.

Jones was a stud, no doubt. As is Watkins. But because Watkins isn't the same height he gets dinged, but he plays taller and has a big catch radius not to mention his ability to adjust to balls behind him or at his feet.

Going to be interesting.

julio-jones-gif.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great googely moogely that ^^^^ is some range!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Where is Prime Time when you need him? I think we need a Top Ten Sammy Watkins Facts list! :D

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they don't draft Watkins then I take Matthews AND I do not pick any other wr in the draft because we have cornered the market on guys who can't play, aren't players, or like like Tarzan and play like Jane.

RFIP, who's your second choice for the Rams' first pick? I asked you this in another thread but I don't think I got a response (apologies if you did respond and I didn't see it).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like the player, not the myth.

Watkins isn't my choice for the Rams first pick but to deny his talent is silly. Did you ever see him catch a screen pass and take off like he was shot from a cannon? His ability to accelerate quickly is rare. Julio can't match that. I rate Watkins above Jones too. Heck, when White is healthy Jones isn't even the best receiver on his team.

RFIP

LOL Both of his run times were stopped by the Steeler dude who admitted he screwed up. No one runs a faster time the second time around.

And if you WATCHED the combine then you saw all the NFL players tweeting that Watkins would break the combine record right?

Maybe you changed the channel.

Don't forget, tough wise, Jones ran a 4.3 40 with a broken foot. I'm out of this. Best wishes, especially for our team. Watkins said he would break the 40 record...did he? No, not close. I like him, but not at @ #2.

jjab360

Legend
LOL Both of his run times were stopped by the Steeler dude who admitted he screwed up. No one runs a faster time the second time around.

And if you WATCHED the combine then you saw all the NFL players tweeting that Watkins would break the combine record right?

Maybe you changed the channel.
Why would this even matter?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If they don't draft Watkins then I take Matthews AND I do not pick any other wr in the draft because we have cornered the market on guys who can't play, aren't players, or like like Tarzan and play like Jane.
Whoa! So you are saying in this deep WR draft that there is no other worthy of playing in the NFL? And the Rams have no NFL worthy WRs? Medication is in order.

Memphis Ram

Legend
RFIP,

Actually, some players have run faster times on their second attempt.
Also, there have been plenty of players NFL players, media, and fans expected to run great times that didn't.
It happens almost every year, if not every year.

Alan

Legend
RFIP with this gem:
If they don't draft Watkins then I take Matthews AND I do not pick any other wr in the draft because we have cornered the market on guys who can't play, aren't players, or look like Tarzan and play like Jane.
Really smacks of sour grapes there RFIP.
images

I'm OK with not picking any WR in this draft too but not ,of course, for the reasons you gave.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
It is NOT Watkins Sapp is watching at the combine:

34de957fcd78862e95b3bf741f546358.gif

I have no problem with drafting Watkins though. Dude's awesome.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Jones & Watkins were both in this Draft we would not be talking about Watkins.....Jones all day, every day, every hour and every minute....not even close to Jones IMO. Even I would be pulling for a WR with the #2 and Jones would be my choice.

RFIP

Whoa! So you are saying in this deep WR draft that there is no other worthy of playing in the NFL? And the Rams have no NFL worthy WRs? Medication is in order.

Not at all what I'm saying.

What I AM saying is the Rams are at a point where they can no longer wait years for a wr to FINALLY develope and Watkins IMO is the ONLY plug and play wr in this draft.