PREGAME Cards Week - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Rams have not won back-to-back games since September 2022. The second win at that time was against the Cardinals. Time to repeat history!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Murray is moving really well and throwing accurately deep down field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some stats...

OFFENSE
Scoring: Rams 19.5ppg (22nd), Cards 17.5 (25th)
Third Down: Rams 40.74% (14th), Cards 35.29% (23rd)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 57.69% (11th), Cards 56% (13th)
Run: Rams 3.9 ypc (23rd), Cards 4.8 (3rd)
Passer Rating: Rams 77.4 (25th), Cards 77 (27th)

DEFENSE
Scoring: Rams 22 (20th), Cards 25.8 (27th)
Third Down: Rams 40.15% (22nd), Cards 46.76% (31st)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 50% (11th), Cards 57.14% (21st)
Run: Rams 4.1 (T-14th), Cards 4.2 (T-19th)
QB Passer Rating: Rams 86.9% (12th), Cards 99.2% (28th)

I think first off is the fact that Stafford needs to play well. The Rams being so low in passer rating is a problem. Not all of that has been the QB and we have played a tough schedule but Stafford needs to play better. No way we should be down there with the Cards in passer rating.

Also noteworthy is the Cards are firing off in the run game. That along with getting Murphy back could give us some problems, in that he does offer some unique threats to a defense. On top of that we have been shit in containment up front. So it is a combination where our defense is going to be challenged.

What Morris has done is make teams drive the field and tighten things up in the redzone. I think we have a good advantage in that phase of the game, that redzone situation.

Another clear advantage is our secondary play overall. Sure they had a rough stretch there following Kendrick's arrest. But they have for the most part played pretty well for a young group and they are getting Durant back hopefully for this game. That outing vs Seattle was great to see, with them bouncing back to good discipline, so it bodes well for us to counter Murray maybe adding some threat on the ground.

Definitely a game we should win I think.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No game is easy. Let’s go get this one Rams!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think Murray is going to put points on the board so the Rams Offense will have to keep pace. We need Stafford to be really on in this game. I know the O Line will play well, and Nacua will show out. If Williams and Atwell also have good games we should win. I hope McVay will give Allen or Hopkins a chance to play so we can have some TE production.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What does our passer rating look like if you take Rypien's stats out of it? He played a game and a half and his passer rating is 49.

This is a game we can win. And we should win. But we aren't good enough to be over confident with anyone. Its also a game we can lose. 7 games left. The only games we can lose and still have a shot at playoffs are Baltimore and SF. Its also possible 8 wins gets in this year. But this one we can't lose and realistically think about playoffs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I still can't believe Davis Allen hasn't seen the field yet.

I know Higbee is McVay's teacher's pet but if he's missing blocks and doing nothing out there why is he hogging snaps on the field?

At least we know Allen can catch the ball.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I still can't believe Davis Allen hasn't seen the field yet.

I know Higbee is McVay's teacher's pet but if he's missing blocks and doing nothing out there why is he hogging snaps on the field?

At least we know Allen can catch the ball.

Sound logic. Have to agree.

oldnotdead

Legend
Tyler got his huge raise more than he is worth IMO and now he's stinking up the field. He was never a good blocker and many times didn't even try. His so called chips were often half-hearted and more time than not ineffective. He's not a TE that DCs must game plan for but he's being paid like one. His 64% reception percentage vs targets is telling. For once I actually agree with PFF that his performance this year after getting a raise has taken a dump. He's basically been average.

IMO Higbee's decline has been noticeable over the past two years. He's never been more than a simply above average at best. I was frankly surprised they gave him the extension and raise, because his production over the past two years hasn't warranted it.

If they play the run with Freeman and Evans and don't abandon it the Rams offense is an over match compared to the Card's defense. As long as Morris doesn't load the box to stop the run and take away Murray's quick short throws they beat the AZ going away. Seattle is a better team and IMO suspect playcalling by both Sean and Raheem offensively and defensively is what kept Seattle in the game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not feeling great about this week.
Murray seems to have energized them.. and the Rams don't have a great rush. Bad combo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not feeling great about this week.
Murray seems to have energized them.. and the Rams don't have a great rush. Bad combo.
But we have Kyren and a a weak qssed Card defense against the run. Another 140 yard rushing for Kyren?