Cardinals in playoffs!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Good luck, Cards. You won't have a prob with the Nats. They can't lean just on their starters in a 7 game series. Not saying the Dodgers could have beaten them in 7, but the Cards can

Psycho_X

Legend
Cardiac Cards know how to turn it on when they have to. Won’t look past the Nats but can’t say I’m upset they are who we face instead of Dodgers. Either way, one of us is probably getting destroyed in the World Series but would be nice to reach it regardless especially how we looked doomed mid season to fail to reach playoffs.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cardiac Cards know how to turn it on when they have to. Won’t look past the Nats but can’t say I’m upset they are who we face instead of Dodgers. Either way, one of us is probably getting destroyed in the World Series but would be nice to reach it regardless especially how we looked doomed mid season to fail to reach playoffs.
Nothing better than Cardinals baseball in October. I wish my uncle was still here to see it.

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
You said it -- they looked dead in the water in mid season. Unreal how (just like the Blues!) they went from also-rans to NL Central champs to playing in the NLCS vs. the Nats.

Unreal.

And I wouldn't put it past them to win it all -- there's something about this club.... I was for sure we wouldn't make it, then for sure we'd get swept by the Braves.

Let's go Card-nals!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Well...there's not much to be happy about. We almost got no hit twice.

I'm happy with the direction we're going, though, and I doubt that the Nationals get there next year without Strasburg and Rendon.
Strasburg could opt out he has some nice cap hits going forward but also one dud year at like $15M. That said I could see him staying and renegotiating because he's one year away from a 10/5 no trade rule. He'll use that as leverage with them to get a fat contract. Rendon is hard to read, before this year he was a good player but nothing great. They have a decent farm system I think it was right behind the Cards and you're both a handful of ranking spots behind the Dodgers so not sure if they're set up to move on from him but I'd have a very hard time paying a guy like Rendon. Strasburg though if he hits the markets gets as much as Cole.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Strasburg could opt out he has some nice cap hits going forward but also one dud year at like $15M. That said I could see him staying and renegotiating because he's one year away from a 10/5 no trade rule. He'll use that as leverage with them to get a fat contract. Rendon is hard to read, before this year he was a good player but nothing great. They have a decent farm system I think it was right behind the Cards and you're both a handful of ranking spots behind the Dodgers so not sure if they're set up to move on from him but I'd have a very hard time paying a guy like Rendon. Strasburg though if he hits the markets gets as much as Cole.

Rendon was arguably an MVP candidate this year. Even with Soto and Robles, the Nats are going to have a very hard time replacing his production in the middle of the lineup. And Strasburg is a Boras client. He's going to want to get paid as much as he can, so I bet he opts out. And with Cole likely a Yankee (or another coastal team), Strasburg is going to be one of the highest paid pitchers on the market.

I will say that the Dodgers are built to last. We'll be fighting them and the Braves for NL championships to come.