Can OL and DL make each other even BETTER in practice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
A thought occurs to me... a delicious thought...

During Jackie Slater's Hall of Fame induction speech, he noted how Jack Youngblood was going in in the same year, and that the two of them made each other better by practicing against one another.

Right now, both lines should be strengths... it would be awesome if practice made both of them better....

You guys think that's possible, or am I only dreaming?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I believe that Jake Long helped Robert Quinn a great deal. And I'm hoping that Aaron Donald and Brockers help Robinson get up to speed quickly.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Of course. This a big reason for getting better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A thought occurs to me... a delicious thought...

During Jackie Slater's Hall of Fame induction speech, he noted how Jack Youngblood was going in in the same year, and that the two of them made each other better by practicing against one another.

Right now, both lines should be strengths... it would be awesome if practice made both of them better....

You guys think that's possible, or am I only dreaming?

Interesting thought.

Nothing like practicing against the best to prepare for game day opponents!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think so. Like Memphis said, I think a decent amount of Robert Quinn's improvement was going against Jake Long in practice, who forced him to develop great pass rush moves. The reverse process will certainly help Robinson and the rest of our line protect better against pass rushers, and probably run blocking as well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think so. Like Memphis said, I think a decent amount of Robert Quinn's improvement was going against Jake Long in practice, who forced him to develop great pass rush moves. The reverse process will certainly help Robinson and the rest of our line protect better against pass rushers, and probably run blocking as well.
They both stated such.

FRO

Legend
I believe that Jake Long helped Robert Quinn a great deal. And I'm hoping that Aaron Donald and Brockers help Robinson get up to speed quickly.
I remember a guy from the other board saying how Quinn was a one trick pony and he sucked because Long was winning battles in camp. That ended up being a very wrong observation.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A couple members from our site said that, but they'd probably recant after last season, or change his opinion on him now. He was a one trick pony before last season, for all intents and purposes.

A55VA6

Legend
Yep. The tougher competition they receive everyday in practice will only make them better over time. As everyone else said, I think Jake Long and Robert Quinn are a prime example.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yep, games will feel soft compared to practice. That's how good they are. It has to translate. If you slack across the board, you'll get embarrased fast in the trenches. Now, nobody likes to be embarrassed, right? Lol

Gotta do work every day.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I remember a guy from the other board saying how Quinn was a one trick pony and he sucked because Long was winning battles in camp. That ended up being a very wrong observation.

Just another fan looking for instant results. Same poster probably labeled Long a bust early in his career, too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The coaches need to line up Cook opposite Quinn and let Robert destroy him repeatedly in drills until Cookie gets the message :D

FRO

Legend
As a 22 year old he had 10.5 sacks. I wouldn't call that limited.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I always thought the 99 Rams made each other better through practice and that translated on the field.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Knowing the make-up of the o-line and d-line, these guys will push each other to be the very best, and if they don't I will be very worried.

FRO

Legend
He had areas of weakness, but he wasn't weak. PFF is way overrated. I know what I saw out of Quinn his first 2 years. 10.5 sacks from a 22 year old doesn't happen often.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
10.5 sacks from a 22 year old doesn't happen often.
You didn't see me at 22 in the clubs. Don't ask me about the .5 sack. I still can't talk about that.