Can DE Ethan Westbrooks make the final roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
i don't think he has a realistic chance of making the roster. that's not to say it couldn't happen, but i think the most realistic chance for him is the practice squad.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. He was one of the most sought after UDFA. I realize that we have if not the best, one of the best D-line coaches in the league, perhaps someone who could maximize his talent, but if I had a choice, I don't think I would come to the Rams. The teams is just way too loaded at the D-line both at starters and back-ups. I hope we can stash him away on the practice squad, but I see another team (like Dallas) signing him away from us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought they signed Carrington for the inside.
Yeah I think your right,but listed as a DE on Rams roster.
He was a 3/4 DE for Bills,and stout against the run.He fits the 3DT technique which is now owned by Donald.It just shows how much depth The Rams D-line has,and they still find value in the draft & UDFA's...
I think Chris Long will break out in Williams system.Meaning his highest sack total.

Fisher said year one his goal was to break the NFL team sack record.I know some teams should be at alert.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah I think your right,but listed as a DE on Rams roster.
He was a 3/4 DE for Bills,and stout against the run.He fits the 3DT technique which is now owned by Donald.It just shows how much depth The Rams D-line has,and they still find value in the draft & UDFA's...
I think Chris Long will break out in Williams system.Meaning his highest sack total.

Fisher said year one his goal was to break the NFL team sack record.I know some teams should be at alert.

One of the great things I've heard about Williams is that he adapts to players strengths.
No doubt Carrington will benefit, along with our entire d.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If Westbrooks doesn't do much in preseason, he will make it to our practice squad. If he shows some ability during preseason, he's as good as gone. He got a higher signing bonus for a reason. Teams want him. Getting coached by one of the best d line coaches and then sent to the practice squad will have a bunch of teams going for him in my opinion.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Westbrook was given a pretty solid amount of guaranteed money in his contract (for an UDFA) to simply 'not make the cut'. I don't think he'll last on our PS if we attempt to hide him there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think he'll last on our PS if we attempt to hide him there.

But; he wasn't drafted. 32 teams passed on him.

Come cut down, and practice squad assignment... A lot of teams will eye their own players... And those drafted but cut who were on their board.

Westbrooks doesn't fit this scenario.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's somewhat how I see it , except I expect Sam if he doesn't win a spot will get PS'd ,I've always thought he'd get two training camps ,but I reject the idea Fisher would compromise the active roster for the sake PR or PC either one. He owes it to the whole squad to field the best one he can and he will

Fuck that I have a quarter mil down that Sam makes the roster!!! Hehehe......

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
But; he wasn't drafted. 32 teams passed on him.

Come cut down, and practice squad assignment... A lot of teams will eye their own players... And those drafted but cut who were on their board.

Westbrooks doesn't fit this scenario.
Yup if anyone goes to the PS it's Sam, unless they want to draft Oprah too

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I liked Brandon Washington last year after watching him in the preseason.
Phn should like him with his dreads & all.I liked him because he got off the snap well,& not a lot of dumb mistakes such as Bell & Barron.

My point being he was all over the place.Cut late,53,cut practice.It's hard to follow actually.
In the end The Rams kept extra O'lineman on the squad.Like 10 between it all.
**Gerald Rivers was cut because they had to bring back a guard on the 53..Which was Washington.
Now The Rams have another young crop of D'Lineman.Can't wait to see how it plays out.