Can anyone find the RAMS HOF QB here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
I think I see one. Can anyone verify?

Scooter BASS .jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I believe Norm Van Brocklin can be seen kneeling on the sideline in front of #73's (Charlie Cowan) left thigh.

Also think there's a second HOF QB in the shot. #10 squatting on the sideline is (I think) Fran Tarkenton.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Id like the new uniform we're coming with next season to be a variation of those jerseys

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe Norm Van Brocklin can be seen kneeling on the sideline in front of #73's (Charlie Cowan) left thigh.

Also think there's a second HOF QB in the shot. #10 squatting on the sideline is (I think) Fran Tarkenton.
Now that I look there, you may very well be correct, though I had thought it was the guy in the tie standing alongside the chain gang, visible between Scooter and Marshall. They seem to be dressed identically. Anyone know when this took place? Would have had to have been 1961, 62 or 63 and was likely a preseason exhibition, being it is at night.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall

I don't think there's any doubt that #10 is that little prick.

nighttrain

Legend
Now that I look there, you may very well be correct, though I had thought it was the guy in the tie standing alongside the chain gang, visible between Scooter and Marshall. They seem to be dressed identically. Anyone know when this took place? Would have had to have been 1961, 62 or 63 and was likely a preseason exhibition, being it is at night.
QB's of the 60's,
1961 Zeke Bratkowski (11) / / Frank Ryan (3) [24]
1962 Zeke Bratkowski (9) / Roman Gabriel (4) / Ron Miller (1) [25]
1963 Roman Gabriel (9) / Zeke Bratkowski (4) / Terry Baker (1) [26]
1964 Bill Munson (8) / Roman Gabriel (6) [27]
1965 Bill Munson (10) / Roman Gabriel (4) [28]
1966 Roman Gabriel (14

train

nighttrain

Legend
Tarkington was drafted in '61, Van was traded to Philly in '57. Dates don't work
train

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
Tarkington was drafted in '61, Van was traded to Philly in '57. Dates don't work
train
If a RAMS HOF QB could be determined to be in the photograph was the puzzle, not if they were on the field competing. And it has to be 1961-63 because Minnesota entered NFL in 1961 and RAMS wen to to Blue/White in 1964.

nighttrain

Legend
If a RAMS HOF QB could be determined to be in the photograph was the puzzle, not if they were on the field competing. And it has to be 1961-63 because Minnesota entered NFL in 1961 and RAMS wen to to Blue/White in 1964.
not sayin anything but Van B was playing for Philly since '1957 so not likely he was at Ram game in the 60's
train

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
not sayin anything but Van B was playing for Philly since '1957 so not likely he was at Ram game in the 60's
train
He was the Vikings head coach from 1961-66. He played his last season in the NFL as a member of the Eagles on their 1960 NFL championship squad.