Can anyone answer this Scheduling Question!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just why in the world do the ' New York Football Giant' deserve "5" Prime Time games this Season, and the Rams only get "1" Thursday Night game!!??!
The Giants Sucked last year, and we beat some of the Big Boy's!! So, someone explain this for me!!:coffee:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Giants had a bunch of exciting contests with Odell Beckham Jr. All the Rams games last year proved boring to anyone who wasn't a Rams fan, especially against the Cardinals. Not many people are as interested in defensive battles.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
It's all about the Benjamin's. Biggest market get's most games. Jet's and Giant's could both go 0-16 and we'd still see them in Prime Time multiple times.

Same reason in Baseball ESPN is married to the Yankees, they suck, but they'll be on 5 times more than any other team.

Sucks for all of us who'd rather see top competitive games.

Stel

Starter
Where is New York located?
Where is St. Louis located?

Answer those questions and you've answered your own question.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Prime time games are no good for me as they kick off at about 1am over here. I like to think the schedulers have taken that into account

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Giants had a bunch of exciting contests with Odell Beckham Jr. All the Rams games last year proved boring to anyone who wasn't a Rams fan, especially against the Cardinals. Not many people are as interested in defensive battles.
Rams "BORING":
* Wk. #7 - Rams over the 'Hags w/ the #1 Play of the year, We faked their whole Team with the Kick return for a TD!
* Wk. #11 - We 'Shocked everyone by Whoppin the Bronco's!
* Wk's #13 & #14 - Back to Back Shut-outs, scoring a total of 76 points!!
Yah! I guess your right, real Boring!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams "BORING":
* Wk. #7 - Rams over the 'Hags w/ the #1 Play of the year, We faked their whole Team with the Kick return for a TD!
* Wk. #11 - We 'Shocked everyone by Whoppin the Bronco's!
* Wk's #13 & #14 - Back to Back Shut-outs, scoring a total of 76 points!!
Yah! I guess your right, real Boring!!
How many average NFL fans could name our leading receiver or leading rusher?
And its New York.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Here's another one, if only rhetorical. Why do the Pats get a cake schedule...again?

RamzFanz

Damnit
459482410-odell-beckham-of-the-new-york-giants-scores-a-touchdown.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Just why in the world do the ' New York Football Giant' deserve "5" Prime Time games this Season, and the Rams only get "1" Thursday Night game!!??!
The Giants Sucked last year, and we beat some of the Big Boy's!! So, someone explain this for me!!:coffee:

I'm just wondering how and why the same teams play each other every year on SNF. It gets repetitive and boring. How many SNF games have been blowouts compared to the thrillers that were played earlier that afternoon?

Give me an exciting game with smaller market teams instead of boring Cowboys/Giants, Patriots/Colts, Cowboys/Saints, Bears/Packers, etc.

fearsomefour

Legend
So none of them have ever heard of Robert Quinn!?!
Im sure they have....the NFL is very interested in pushing defense.
St. Louis is a small market tv wise and does not have a big national fan base. Dallas, any NY team, Green Bay (see national fan base), NE....these teams are always going to get more tv time unless one of the "ugly stepchildren" is a contending team. What would it take for the Rams to be on a national game 5 times?....probably a trip to the NFC title game the previous year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought our only chance for a primetime game would be home for the Steelers....because we'd be competitive and their fans would pack the dome. But I'm not surprised that we didn't get any.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Here's another one, if only rhetorical. Why do the Pats get a cake schedule...again?
In the most logical terms, the poor teams are always having to play the elite teams. The Pats, literally speaking, don't have to play themselves twice. Just as Seattle doesn't. That's the vicious circle. To become a great team, you have to beat the great teams. Then they have to play you twice.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
So none of them have ever heard of Robert Quinn!?!
I'm not positive but fearsomefour probably meant running back as rusher. Quinn is great, no question, but he might be our only "star player". We have a few potential start players on D, but there are two issues with defensive stars: 1. If your name isn't J.J. Watt, Richard Sherman, or Darrelle Revis don't bother; you will not be recognized or matter. 2. Only offense matters, if you don't have a star receiver or rusher, or even QB you are a failing team.