CAMP REPORT Camp Report: Day 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I’m here now. Looks crowded again. Won’t be posting much as I’m focused on my photography skills. Trying some new settings with my DSLR.

I’ll send a report later tonight

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
QB take the field for warm ups

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Coach Rath leads warm ups

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
JoJo and Proehl taking punts from Hecker

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
59 wearing a helmet camera

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
2A811D41-5FA9-49A4-84C4-0048CC2F737A.jpeg
GPS tracking for the players will chips.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Position groups doing drills

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great news for Demby. Of course I think there's a long way to go (haven't even had a full pads practice yet) and I suspect there's going to be a lot of competition thrown at him so we'll see if he can hang in there.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Just left the field a few minutes ago. I met up with VEteranRam (Dale) and later by the Duke (Andy).
Started the day in the North bleachers and later learned from Dale that the 11-11 would be on the South field. We made out we over and sat to watch ST punt drills with JoJo Natsen and Austin Proehl fielding punts.
Took awhile for 11-11 to start and missed most of the QB / WR drills on the other side.
I will first say that trying to keep track of what is going on the field as far as what players or groupings is difficult because they change quickly and often. With that said I tried to keep on primarily on the defense .
Clay Matthews was not dressed , and neither was Obo Okoronkwo who must be held held out due to injury rehab because he wasn’t here Saturday also. I also did not see Safety, Nick Scott.
One of the consistent groupings on the second team D was D Lawler and T Young at the ends with just 2 Inside linemen. Taylor would be positioned as. Second LB, with Db’s behind them.
Later , when 2nd and 3rd team OvsD went at each other, Rapp The was positioned as a normal safety.
In 11-11. NRC was a standout performer, he had an INt, a pass breakup and a Sack.
In the 2min drill, with 1’s from O against the 2’a S, Trevon Young got pressure against Havenstein. First play was an outside move where there might have been a sack, and on the following play he made spin move to the inside and was in the QB’s face as he was throwing the ball
On offense, Reynolds made a nice TD grab after beating Rapp and the other safety on. Dbl move. Later , he snagged a high throw over the middle I tight coverage. As he came out of his break, his knees were bent and lower to the ground and immediately stretched up to catch the ball; very athletic play.
Also , Thomas has been running good routes and making catches today and previously on Saturday. If was asked to rank the Wr’s after a couple days of practice I would him at 4 - 5, probably behind Reynolds.
After 11-11’s, they ran some FG teams..... then they went to some Red Zone practice and it was 50%.... slowed down. And that the way practices ended.
Next report from me will after the Rams/Chargers joint practice next Saturday.
Hope there weren’t too many typos.... typing an an iPhone can be troublesome......

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Just left the field a few minutes ago. I met up with VEteranRam (Dale) and later by the Duke (Andy).
Started the day in the North bleachers and later learned from Dale that the 11-11 would be on the South field. We made out we over and sat to watch ST punt drills with JoJo Natsen and Austin Proehl fielding punts.
Took awhile for 11-11 to start and missed most of the QB / WR drills on the other side.
I will first say that trying to keep track of what is going on the field as far as what players or groupings is difficult because they change quickly and often. With that said I tried to keep on primarily on the defense .
Clay Matthews was not dressed , and neither was Obo Okoronkwo who must be held held out due to injury rehab because he wasn’t here Saturday also. I also did not see Safety, Nick Scott.
One of the consistent groupings on the second team D was D Lawler and T Young at the ends with just 2 Inside linemen. Taylor would be positioned as. Second LB, with Db’s behind them.
Later , when 2nd and 3rd team OvsD went at each other, Rapp The was positioned as a normal safety.
In 11-11. NRC was a standout performer, he had an INt, a pass breakup and a Sack.
In the 2min drill, with 1’s from O against the 2’a S, Trevon Young got pressure against Havenstein. First play was an outside move where there might have been a sack, and on the following play he made spin move to the inside and was in the QB’s face as he was throwing the ball
On offense, Reynolds made a nice TD grab after beating Rapp and the other safety on. Dbl move. Later , he snagged a high throw over the middle I tight coverage. As he came out of his break, his knees were bent and lower to the ground and immediately stretched up to catch the ball; very athletic play.
Also , Thomas has been running good routes and making catches today and previously on Saturday. If was asked to rank the Wr’s after a couple days of practice I would him at 4 - 5, probably behind Reynolds.
After 11-11’s, they ran some FG teams..... then they went to some Red Zone practice and it was 50%.... slowed down. And that the way practices ended.
Next report from me will after the Rams/Chargers joint practice next Saturday.
Hope there weren’t too many typos.... typing an an iPhone can be troublesome......
Thanks Scott for posting! From an phone no less! Good job capturing what was going on.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So here's my link to todays photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UzNXV5QCF1rRKj5v5

Really not much different to report from the previous two days but let me say this, practice is very spirited! No fights today but some guys did end up on the ground from some subtle tackling.

Thank you @Ram65 for posting those tweets. That helps out a lot as I couldn't really see who was where at what time and as @8to12 said, personnel were changing out rather quickly.

A couple of stand out players today were Josh Reynolds and Mike Thomas. Both making some leaping catches, using their size to their advantage. Josh looked a little smoother and surer of himself than Thomas but it was nice to see Mike making some plays.

There were a lot of second and third strings guys being rotated in and out. None really stood out, good or bad. The offense started off with a bunch of runs and without pads on, it's not really fair to judge how some did.

Hecker was punting with the special teams and JoJo and Phroel were fielding. Greg Z was hitting field goals from 45-50 yards with ease. He even hit the long skinny pole that holds the remote controlled cameras...twice in a row! They shifted over to the other hash mark after the second hit.

Some situational football was incorporated. Two minute drill with the sound system cranked up and it was loud! First team moved the ball well but it was against the 2nd team defense.

I'm hoping tomorrow brings out the pads. These guys want to hit!

Enjoy the photos and I'll be back tomorrow with more...hopefully.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Really not much different to report from the previous two days but let me say this, practice is very spirited! No fights today but some guys did end up on the ground from some subtle tackling.

Thank you @Ram65 for posting those tweets. That helps out a lot as I couldn't really see who was where at what time and as @8to12 said, personnel were changing out rather quickly.

A couple of stand out players today were Josh Reynolds and Mike Thomas. Both making some leaping catches, using their size to their advantage. Josh looked a little smoother and surer of himself than Thomas but it was nice to see Mike making some plays.

There were a lot of second and third strings guys being rotated in and out. None really stood out, good or bad. The offense started off with a bunch of runs and without pads on, it's not really fair to judge how some did.

Hecker was punting with the special teams and JoJo and Phroel were fielding. Greg Z was hitting field goals from 45-50 yards with ease. He even hit the long skinny pole that holds the remote controlled cameras...twice in a row! They shifted over to the other hash mark after the second hit.

Some situational football was incorporated. Two minute drill with the sound system cranked up and it was loud! First team moved the ball well but it was against the 2nd team defense.

Great shots, thanks ... but i'm already missing yesterday's RamBabe.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

Mcvay said in his presser tomorrow is full pads. Said he expects the physicality to be pretty close to how it was today with pants on.

Thanks for the updates.

I'm hoping Mike Thomas can stick a roster spot. He's a good special teams player and seems to have the abilities to really be a good receiver if he puts it all together.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Great news for Demby. Of course I think there's a long way to go (haven't even had a full pads practice yet) and I suspect there's going to be a lot of competition thrown at him so we'll see if he can hang in there.

If all 3 guys turn out to be players.... Demby Edwards and Evans...we're going to have some really solid young depth..