By the numbers, currently a top 10 defense. #32 offense.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Defense - silver linings first

#1 tied with New England for most sacks with 13

#9 as far as average yards allowed per game with 325.0

#13 when it comes to points scored a game at 22.3 - This number is a bit off with the return TDs counting against this number cause by offense and special teams. Without those two touchdowns the defense would be 17.7 which is good enough for 6th. But that's not reliable cause I have no idea what other teams have given up on offense or STs.

#7 for least amount of passing yards a game with 202.3. #25 for rushing yards/game though so there's give and take there.

On offense.

#32 in total yards a game

#28 in points per game

#28 passing yards a game

#29 rushing yards a game - Tavon Austin saving us from dead last

#32 for number of first downs a game on average with 14.0

Penalties

#12 on the list of penalties against

#22 for penalty yards against though. When we get one we do the worst kind apparently.

SierraRam

Recreational User
#12 on the list of penalties against

We're only 'above average' here because we have a lot of penalties declined by our opponents.

They take the down over the yardage because they know we're not going anywhere anyway

TheBunk

Rookie
The defense is making the appropriate jump while our offense is messing it all up. Very discouraging.

RamBill

Legend
Rams fall to last in NFL in total offense
• BY JIM THOMAS

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_3ab99d60-e1ff-590c-a683-b9cfaf0fae01.html

Three weeks into the 2015 NFL season, the Rams have sunk to 32nd in the NFL in total offense. That's last.

Total offense ranks teams based on yards gained per game, and the Rams (1-2) are averaging only 274.3 yards through their first three contests. They gained only 258 yards Sunday against Pittsburgh, the 14th-lowest total since Jeff Fisher came in as head coach in 2012.

The previous week against Washington, the Rams managed only 213 yards, which was the sixth-worst output in Fisher's 51 games as Rams coach.

In terms of scoring offense, the Rams are averaging 16.7 points per game, which ranks 28th in the league.

On the other side of the ball, the Rams' defense moved up to a tie for ninth (with San Diego) in total defense after holding Pittsburgh's previously top-ranked offense to only 259 yards in Sunday's 12-6 loss. The Rams and Chargers are both allowing 325 yards per game.

With five sacks against the Steelers, the Rams' defense is tied for the league lead with New England with 13. Defensive tackle Aaron Donald is tied for second in the league with 3 1/2 sacks; defensive end Robert Quinn is tied for fifth with three sacks.

FRO

Legend
Our offensive line and receivers haven't been good at all. Different year, same story. Not enough run lanes for the RBs, below average pass protection. For the receivers, they don't get open as much as they should and they still drop the ball too much. Had Chancellor played week one we would be 0-3. So frustrating. This team isn't as talented as we thought they were.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is scary about our defense is they are 9th in spite of some subpar play against the pass, one very bad day against the run, and a very high completion and third down percentage overall.

Very high ceiling on this unit man, it's crazy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Where's the love for Frank Cignetti now?

In fairness he still has some time to get this offense rolling. Right now he's 1 for 3 in terms of well schemed games. And he does make some ballsy calls so not totally down on him yet.

If and when he gets that ground game rolling he might be ok, we'll see.

FRO

Legend
In fairness he still has some time to get this offense rolling. Right now he's 1 for 3 in terms of well schemed games. And he does make some ballsy calls so not totally down on him yet.

If and when he gets that ground game rolling he might be ok, we'll see.
Question is was his gamelan well schemed, or were we playing the Seahawks at the right time? Chancellor was out and Thomad and Sherman didn't get any preseason action, they weren't in game shape. We had wide open guys all game. Had Chancellor been in there he probably intercepts, or defends that long TD to Kendricks. I'm not blaming the coordinator though. Our WRs and TEs are just plain bad and our line isn't that good either.

Rainram

Starter
Where's the love for Frank Cignetti now?
Jury is still out IMO.

Game 1...great game by Cigs
Game 2...awful game
Game 3...I'd say he did enough for us to win. The execution was piss poor. He called some good plays (Kendricks' drop, Givens end around, getting Tavon the ball). Negatives...the run game (which I am really starting to wonder how much Boras has a say in that).

I'd put him at 2 for 3. Especially considering the youth along the OLine. No Gurley for two games. The poor execution by Foles, the WRs/TEs. He can only do so much. Now, I still think he has to prove himself, but those statistics are not all on him.

Big Willie

Starter
Jury is still out IMO.

Game 1...great game by Cigs
Game 2...awful game
Game 3...I'd say he did enough for us to win. The execution was pee pee poor. He called some good plays (Kendricks' drop, Givens end around, getting Tavon the ball). Negatives...the run game (which I am really starting to wonder how much Boras has a say in that).

I'd put him at 2 for 3. Especially considering the youth along the OLine. No Gurley for two games. The poor execution by Foles, the WRs/TEs. He can only do so much. Now, I still think he has to prove himself, but those statistics are not all on him.
If they can get the OL squared away, I think Cignetti will be fine.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's nothing wrong with the defense.
5368d82a464d704c4de55a09b2866ea7.jpg

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Our offensive line and receivers haven't been good at all. Different year, same story. Not enough run lanes for the RBs, below average pass protection. For the receivers, they don't get open as much as they should and they still drop the ball too much. Had Chancellor played week one we would be 0-3. So frustrating. This team isn't as talented as we thought they were.
But he didn't. Stay away from the hypotheticals. They don't mean much.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
The qestion is whether we are lacking in scheme or execution?

I personally like the plays that have been drawn up vs inept shotty. I wonder sometimes whether our guys are still experiencing execution mistakes so new into this playbook? Or might it be effort issues?

FRO

Legend
But he didn't. Stay away from the hypotheticals. They don't mean much.
Not much of a hypothetical to say that their secondary wasn't at full strength. We made the best of it, but going forward we need to beat teams at full strength and bad defenses. Our offense hasn't been too great.

FRO

Legend
The qestion is whether we are lacking in scheme or execution?

I personally like the plays that have been drawn up vs inept shotty. I wonder sometimes whether our guys are still experiencing execution mistakes so new into this playbook? Or might it be effort issues?
Our players aren't good enough, plain and simple.