CAMP REPORT Bubba's Final TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Another good day at TC, VRF and I indulged in a few more beers than we usually do, seeing that it's the last practice. Started with punt machine feeding Powell, K Williams, Austin Hummel and Landon Akers. they had a compitition going who could catch the most balls. Everyone could get 5, but no one got six. Was fun to watch and lot of cheering from the crowd.

Jacob Harris and Van Jefferson were on the sideline working with trainers. good sign both will be back before regular season.

Wolford hits Atwell with 40 yd bomb in the endzone right off in 7 on 7. Stafford was out there with the 1st team, took a lot of snaps and threw some deep balls. Wolford ran the 2nd team. Both looked very good. 1st team OL was same with Shelton at RG. 2nd team started out with Evans at LT, Anchrum LG, Kolone C, Bruss RG and Jackson RT. 2nd OL did a lot of shuffling. Evans got snaps at RT, Acuri got snaps at both RT and LT. Bruss even got snaps at LG. Carrberry is looking at everyone everywhere. Going to go to pre-season before he settles on his final OL.

I'm guessing Stafford was tired of hearing about his elbow, because he was out there slinging the ball around. threw several long balls connecting with Kupp, Robinson, Atwell and Higbee. a lot of sanps 1st team vs 1st team. Rapp breaking up passes. Ramsey showing up making a couple picks today.

All in all a very good camp. Both 1st team offense and defense starters look great. I can;t pick on anyone. Noteboom looks good as Whitworths replacement. Edwards, allen and havenstien all look in good shape and working together well. Shelton looks like he knows what he's doing, but damn he looks small. Gotta see how he does in these upcoming pre-season games.

Which bring me to who sits and who plays Saturday vs the Chargers. We know McVay's penchant for sitting any players crucial to the regular season. I'm going to make some guesses here.

OL--Jackson LT. Anchrum LG, Kolone C, Bruss RG, Evans RT
LDE-- Garrett, RDE Lewis
ILB-- Jake Hummel and Rozeboom
DL--BrownIV, Hoecht, Garcia

Of course every other guy on the roster is going to get playing time.

I don;t expect McVay to do much game planning for this game, and I expect the Rams to get their asses handed to them.

Anyway gotta go, got family here and I need to spank some grandkids (kidding).

Gonna post some opinions and my overall take of 2022 TC and a guess at the final 53 in the morning.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I thought Landen Akers was injured a couple days ago ?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Awesome stuff as usual @bubbaramfan. Thanks for another great TC worth of insight!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So what impressed you the most about TC for 2022, and I don't mean the beer tent.
Which player from the offense & defense really caught your eye, ... and separately, who do like as most improved over last year (Does his name sound like a 1950's locomotive) ?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Another good day at TC, VRF and I indulged in a few more beers than we usually do, seeing that it's the last practice. Started with punt machine feeding Powell, K Williams, Austin Hummel and Landon Akers. they had a compitition going who could catch the most balls. Everyone could get 5, but no one got six. Was fun to watch and lot of cheering from the crowd.

Jacob Harris and Van Jefferson were on the sideline working with trainers. good sign both will be back before regular season.

Wolford hits Atwell with 40 yd bomb in the endzone right off in 7 on 7. Stafford was out there with the 1st team, took a lot of snaps and threw some deep balls. Wolford ran the 2nd team. Both looked very good. 1st team OL was same with Shelton at RG. 2nd team started out with Evans at LT, Anchrum LG, Kolone C, Bruss RG and Jackson RT. 2nd OL did a lot of shuffling. Evans got snaps at RT, Acuri got snaps at both RT and LT. Bruss even got snaps at LG. Carrberry is looking at everyone everywhere. Going to go to pre-season before he settles on his final OL.

I'm guessing Stafford was tired of hearing about his elbow, because he was out there slinging the ball around. threw several long balls connecting with Kupp, Robinson, Atwell and Higbee. a lot of sanps 1st team vs 1st team. Rapp breaking up passes. Ramsey showing up making a couple picks today.

All in all a very good camp. Both 1st team offense and defense starters look great. I can;t pick on anyone. Noteboom looks good as Whitworths replacement. Edwards, allen and havenstien all look in good shape and working together well. Shelton looks like he knows what he's doing, but damn he looks small. Gotta see how he does in these upcoming pre-season games.

Which bring me to who sits and who plays Saturday vs the Chargers. We know McVay's penchant for sitting any players crucial to the regular season. I'm going to make some guesses here.

OL--Jackson LT. Anchrum LG, Kolone C, Bruss RG, Evans RT
LDE-- Garrett, RDE Lewis
ILB-- Jake Hummel and Rozeboom
DL--BrownIV, Hoecht, Garcia

Of course every other guy on the roster is going to get playing time.

I don;t expect McVay to do much game planning for this game, and I expect the Rams to get their asses handed to them.

Anyway gotta go, got family here and I need to spank some grandkids (kidding).

Gonna post some opinions and my overall take of 2022 TC and a guess at the final 53 in the morning.
I think there’s a good chance Alaric Jackson @ Terrell Lewis don’t play. Garrett is out with a groin.

Tano

Legend
This is probably the first year that there isn't a single starting Ram that I really do not want as a starter. (You probably know the two the last few years.)

All of the starters are capable imho.

dang

Legend
This is probably the first year that there isn't a single starting Ram that I really do not want as a starter. (You probably know the two the last few years.)

Who’s starting opposite Floyd in your lineup?

Tano

Legend
Who’s starting opposite Floyd in your lineup?
I don't hate Hollins on the early downs and use a combo of Lewis Garrett and Hardy on the 2nd and long and 3rd and long downs until someone shows they are the guy.

LA1980

UDFA

What gives you confidence in Shelton?

Tano

Legend
What gives you confidence in Shelton?
McVay's statements

I don't think I ever heard McVay compliment the play of the two players I disliked. He just never really said anything about them. Just said they are doing their job and moved on.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't hate Hollins on the early downs and use a combo of Lewis Garrett and Hardy on the 2nd and long and 3rd and long downs until someone shows they are the guy.
LDE-- Garrett, RDE Lewis

View: https://twitter.com/StuJRams/status/1557146708173131776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1557146708173131776%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2F2022%2F08%2F10%2Fwill-injury-to-la-rams-olb-chris-garrett-stymie-pass-rush%2F

OLB Chris Garrett has groin injury, could miss up to a couple of weeks​

Leonard Floyd was pulled from practice on Monday after he felt “a little something in his lower half,

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With Floyd's ankle issue once again flairing up again and now having CHRIS Garrett out sure to provide Hardy opportunities to shine. Floyd's Ankle issue is concerning.

Tano

Legend
With Floyd's ankle issue once again flairing up again and now having CHRIS Garrett out sure to provide Hardy opportunities to shine. Floyd's Ankle issue is concerning.
Is it an ankle? Only saw lower half. That could be groin or something else

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Do we have the worst health luck with EDGE of what?