Brutal year for rookie class. Bad luck, or…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know, sad truth!
They spent two 3rds, a 4th, and 5th a few yrs ago on the OL. Then also traded a 5th for for Corbitt. Not to mention the first big FA they ever signed was our LT. So I wouldn't say they don't believe in drafting or acquiring OL.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They spent two 3rds, a 4th, and 5th a few yrs ago on the OL. Then also traded a 5th for for Corbitt. Not to mention the first big FA they ever signed was our LT. So I wouldn't say they don't believe in drafting or acquiring OL.
But unfortunately, sometimes the Rams offensive line looks like it's made out of third, fourth and fifth rounders.

I think it's time to bring in a second-round STUD.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Lol. My bad?
Naw, Micah Parsons is a man amongst boys; I won't apologize for it.
No need to. Micah has been outstanding this year and I hope he brings it vs the whiners, whose season should've ended last week. Need to knock them out early or we'll be seeing them where we definitely don't want them later.

More teams than I can remember this year that I want to see fail in the playoffs. Whiners, Cheatriots, Bucs (Brady), Packers (Rodgers), Faders. Usually it's just 1 or 2 teams I want out. Cowboys and Titans I don't really care for, Titans because their win over the Rams was a lucky fluke, but I'll root for them over these others.

Should the Rams not make it to the SB I may be rooting for AFC like I usually do.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
But unfortunately, sometimes the Rams offensive line looks like it's made out of third fourth and fifth rounders.

I think it's time to bring in a second-round STUD.
Most teams are...look at rosters

And the Rams OT's are both former 2nd rounders

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Most teams are...look at rosters
I'm not really worried about *most* teams.

I'm talking about teams that consistently make the playoffs and teams that whipped our rear end this season.

I think Carberry has done a great job with what he has to work with but I'm sick of getting pushed around by teams like San Francisco.

We need a bully interior lineman too spark the rest of the guys on and show them how it's done.

oldnotdead

Legend
Look where these guys were drafted. All came in with projected developmental time understood. Harris was slowed by having to learn a new position. Rochell looked promising when he did play with CB being a very technique intensive position and he came in raw to begin with. Jones looked good but he can be scheme-dependent as he's not the most athletic of players. He plays instinctual more than via athletic which can be a double edge sword.

Funk played well on STs until he got hurt. Benny Sko has played exceptionally well but has been helped by playing his natural position. He's validating his evaluation as a possession type of receiver. Nothing wrong with that as Higbee also carries that designation as well.

I think Harris will probably stay at TE with the acquisition of OBJ. That said IMO only Earnest Brown is the big question mark. I think Bobby Brown has potential but IMO is a 3 year developmental project. I think they hope he can be a rotational backup behind Graines next year after a redshirt rookie year.

To get 8 of 10 draft picks as starters, depth or STs players is a very solid draft. Atwell needs to bulk up and get comfortable as a returner because that is the way he will get on the field.

IMO both Rochell and Harris have huge long term potential. Darious Williams is showing his scheme limitations as is Donte Deayon.

Higbee is signed through 2023 and with no clear successor on the roster, Harris can become the player they had hoped Everett would become.

This year I think they will either draft or get an LG to replace Edwards if they don't think Shelton can be the long-term answer there. Edwards continues to struggle as an OG as he still plays too high. IMO they should look at him as a potential swing OT. I can see both Noteboom and Jackson as their starting OTs of the future.

The Rams continue to draft well which allows them to sign and keep their stars.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol. My bad?
Naw, Micah Parsons is a man amongst boys; I won't apologize for it.
Just knock those 9ers out for us. Their secondary can be had by teams who don't get fucking owned by their defensive front.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I was thinking more interior lineman.

Particularly a center.
One of the best centers in the league the last 10 yrs is Kelcie, who was a 5th rounder. He was an All Pro this yr. The other NFC Pro Bowl C was Ryan Jenson... He was a 6th round pick.

Translation, using high picks on interior OL is a case of not getting a lot of bang for the buck, especially if you can develop OL talent as an organization.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
One of the best centers in the league the last 10 yrs is Kelcie, who was a 5th rounder. He was an All Pro this yr. The other NFC Pro Bowl C was Ryan Jenson... He was a 6th round pick.

Translation, using high picks on interior OL is a case of not getting a lot of bang for the buck, especially if you can develop OL talent as an organization.
And Kurt Warner was a free agent.
So what?

We need to do something to upgrade our offensive line.

Especially the interior.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And Kurt Warner was a free agent.
So what?

We need to do something to upgrade our offensive line.

Especially the interior.
Well, you don't have a pick until the end of the 3rd and I think the secondary is more critical and more likely to be upgraded than the OL with another 3rd/4th round rookie.

If anything I could see them letting one of our guys walk and sign an outside FA for the OL. Someone capable and experienced enough to step in and play.