Browns to sign LB Mychal Kendricks...or not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since when did being a good linebacker become all about speed? Dick Butkus and Brian Urlacher would like to know.

I thought being able to tackle and not miss tackles was the first priority. Lord knows we saw enough of ogletree to show getting there quickly doesn't translate into making a good tackle.

Ram65

Legend

When given a chance last year to play full time he was rated #9 LBer by PFF above average. At that time he was staying on the field for three downs. It's possible a team sees him as capable of the same in 2018. As you stated he may have to wait for an injury as teams have made their moves in free agency and the draft to fill positions.

dang

Legend
So is he worth cutting someone to pick up? If so - who? I bet someone in Rams FO is at least thinking about it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Wade really wants him bad enough, Snead will find a way to make it happen.

Someone is going to get an active legit linebacker assuming he's 100% healthy and hasn't failed any PED drug tests etc.

mychal-kendricks-sack-dance.gif

"Call my Agent Mr. Snead, I'm available if you can make cap room"
giphy.gif
Anyone Powerful enough to take Cam Newton down one-on-one like this^ deserves a look!! JMO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Let me sway your mind, Champ...
Mark Barron ....4.56 in the 40
Mychal Kendricks...4.47 in the 40.

That's all you need to know. BOOM.
My fav poster....and I know what you mean with or without bluefont....let me know when you going to camp...I gotta sneak some drink in for all you guys

Barron makes plays...collisions...runs to the ball...violently

Kendricks is from Cal...Berkley.....LOL...just kidding..not really..he's fast, but just doesn't pop....wanted him after combine...after watching his game...nah, I'm cool

But

I bet he could play better behind Brockers and Suh
He really has some great closing speed. He can cover and blitz off the edge. He isn't perfect as he overran the back on the outside but still got a piece of him
See above...runs around too many blockers...doesn't take great angles...doesn't arrive with violence...

I wanna see what Ramtik, Howard, Kiser....and Scales can do...sure wish Thompson was healthy..I bet he was going inside.
I'm interested considering Barron's health, Obo's foot, and Longacre's recovery.
Ogbo obo....he really better move inside now....

I feel ya about Barron...

Longacre's outside....and if he took his steroids, err, supplements correctly, I bet he comes back...from back surgery...hungry and ready to prove something
doesn't make enough big plays

Dick Butkus and Brian Urlacher would like to know.
Urlacher played SAFETY in college and was REALLY, really fast...really he was.

Butkus played in a time when there were a bunch of slow guys on the field....and he was the fastest of the slow guys...hope that helps.

Ram65

Legend
My fav poster....and I know what you mean with or without bluefont....let me know when you going to camp...I gotta sneak some drink in for all you guys

Kendricks is from Cal...Berkley.....LOL...just kidding..not really..he's fast, but just doesn't pop....wanted him after combine...after watching his game...nah, I'm cool

But

I wanna see what Ramtik, Howard, Kiser....and Scales can do...sure wish Thompson was healthy..I bet he was going inside.

Fair evaluation about the lack of pop. I'm not beating the drum for Kendricks but, there are question marks about the young guys. Rams should keep an eye on Kendricks with future injuries or expectations not meet by the rookies. Could be a smart/cheap investment. Not much experience behind Barron.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

But

See above...runs around too many blockers...doesn't take great angles...doesn't arrive with violence...

Ogbo obo....he really better move inside now....

I feel ya about Barron...

Longacre's outside....and if he took his steroids, err, supplements correctly, I bet he comes back...from back surgery...hungry and ready to prove something

Urlacher played SAFETY in college and was REALLY, really fast...really he was.

Butkus played in a time when there were a bunch of slow guys on the field....and he was the fastest of the slow guys...hope that helps.
Problem is that there are those, even on this site, that say if one linebacker ran a 4.57 in the forty dash, and another ran a 4.63 then automatically the guy who ran .06 faster is the better linebacker. When in actuality speed is just a tiny piece of the puzzle when it comes to being a good linebacker

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Kendricks does play with a lot of speed and yes it does show up on film. At this point with our current group and financial situation he may not offer enough to make the move. I do like him quite a bit as another tool ( 2 down and situational ) But I am not stressing our cap situation to do it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Problem is that there are those, even on this site, that say if one linebacker ran a 4.57 in the forty dash, and another ran a 4.63 then automatically the guy who ran .06 faster is the better linebacker. When in actuality speed is just a tiny piece of the puzzle when it comes to being a good linebacker
I say it...two players...equal ability (rare, but this is MY example;))....but one runs 4.5 the other 4.6....take the faster player...this is a game of inches...and speed.

Kendricks is a fast player....so is his brother...but his brother (Eric or is it Mychael)...is a much better player....oh yeah, that one went to UCLA....HUGE difference!!!!! LOLOL

Bash speed all you want...check the speed of the players recently drafted...or picked up....most are near the top of their positions in terms of athletic ability...

You can have slow guys out there...but once you start surrounding slow guys...with even slower guys...Houston, we have a problem.

Ramtik Wilson is a fast player....haven't seen much of him....Barron is a very fast LB....and plays that way...Howard is an extremely fast player...Littleton looked faster in college...doesn't seem to pop to me now....but I still think if he gets stronger...he can play...Hagar was a very fast college player....much like Littleton, he doesn't play as fast in the pros...Behind this D-Line, we just need 4 guys to man the ILB roles...2 starters and 2 backups...if they can run, I'd bt they can have their best season in the pros...like many have said, Dave and Den and Ole school could play inside LB and be successful:lifting:....not sure about Boni...he's all into his vineyard...:ROFLMAO:.:rolllaugh:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I say it...two players...equal ability (rare, but this is MY example;))....but one runs 4.5 the other 4.6....take the faster player...this is a game of inches...and speed.

Kendricks is a fast player....so is his brother...but his brother (Eric or is it Mychael)...is a much better player....oh yeah, that one went to UCLA....HUGE difference!!!!! LOLOL

Bash speed all you want...check the speed of the players recently drafted...or picked up....most are near the top of their positions in terms of athletic ability...

You can have slow guys out there...but once you start surrounding slow guys...with even slower guys...Houston, we have a problem.

Ramtik Wilson is a fast player....haven't seen much of him....Barron is a very fast LB....and plays that way...Howard is an extremely fast player...Littleton looked faster in college...doesn't seem to pop to me now....but I still think if he gets stronger...he can play...Hagar was a very fast college player....much like Littleton, he doesn't play as fast in the pros...Behind this D-Line, we just need 4 guys to man the ILB roles...2 starters and 2 backups...if they can run, I'd bt they can have their best season in the pros...like many have said, Dave and Den and Ole school could play inside LB and be successful:lifting:....not sure about Boni...he's all into his vineyard...:ROFLMAO:.:rolllaugh:
Question for you @LACHAMP46 . If Littleton were to put on 20lbs or so, do you think he'd make a better ILB or OLB? I actually think he play both, but if he put on some weight I think he might excel at OLB.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Littleton were to put on 20lbs or so, do you think he'd make a better ILB or OLB? I actually think he play both, but if he put on some weight I think he might excel at OLB.
I think he could be decent....typically OLB are significantly more athletic than ILB's....most that excel are physical freaks possessing speed, strength/power, and length not on many players...I'd say they'd compare to the really freakish TE's....the only difference being attitude...3-4 OLB's are a new breed...most are looking for a Lawrence Taylor-type...I doubt Littleton is that type of power player...
I think he should remain inside...put on 10 lbs of solid muscle...and fight for his job...they are trying to replace him...Wade is...that game vs SF was a nightmare for our backups.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the good thing if the rams decide they want to go after this guy, and why wouldn't they as they need a solid inside guy, is that he won't affect their comp picks for next season. can't have too many lbers that can actually tackle.

that ogletree whiff in the playoff game has scarred me for life.

ausmurp

Starter
I'm so excited for Littleton though. Seems like a gem. He was just an insane playmaker last yr, excited to see him start.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Bye bye Mark Barron hello kendricks.

Actually, I'm thinking the same thing, minus the blue font. Especially, when it comes to stopping the run. Versus the run, if Barron doesn't quickly shoot a gap or make a play before a blocker gets to him, he's only good for chasing the play down thereafter, IMO.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Actually, I'm thinking the same thing, minus the blue font. Especially, when it comes to stopping the run. Versus the run, if Barron doesn't quickly shoot a gap or make a play before a blocker gets to him, he's only good for chasing the play down thereafter, IMO.
Inappropriate x2....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Come on guys, enough with the chills and inappropriates. Those are reserved for extreme cases, not when we merely disagree on something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Track speed and football speed aren't the same thing. I thought this was common knowledge among knowledgeable football people.