Browns release WR Greg Little

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Too many drops but he's only 24 and 6' 2" and 220 lbs with a 4.53 40-yard dash.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Browns release Greg Little
Posted by Josh Alper on May 16, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg5nmm3owflmmziowu2njcwmwi0mdfiytrmngy4ytk3-e1400252646813.jpeg
AP

The Browns brought in a pair of veteran receivers this week, but they’re reportedly closing it out by cutting a different one.

PFT has learned that the Browns are parting ways with Greg Little. The move leaves the newly signed Miles Austin and Earl Bennett to go with Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson andTravis Benjamin at wideout with Josh Gordon facing a suspension.

Little was a second-round pick of the team in 2011 and has started 41-of-48 regular season games since joining the team, but he seemed to steadily fall out of favor last season on his way to 41 catches for 465 yards and two touchdowns. Drops have been an issue for Little over the years and, despite the starting role, he never developed into the receiver the Browns were hoping to get when they drafted him.

There were reports that last year’s Browns regime was planning to proceed without Little before the Browns decided to proceed without them. He clearly didn’t make much in the way of a positive impression on the new decision makers either if they were willing to wash their hands of Little even with Gordon likely out of the picture.

Little may get another look this summer, but getting cut from this receiver group isn’t the best omen for a long NFL career.

Slappy967

Starter
Would have liked the Rams to make a run at Austin for camp but alas he is on team Manziel now.

wrstdude

Rookie
24 years old-why not bring him in? Same premise as Britt; limited guaranteed $. If he doesn't work out, cut him. No loss.

If he & Britt play to their potential w/ a real QB throwing them the ball, our offensive production will be what we all hope.

Plus, we can say SB8 stumbled upon some elevation dust. Win-win.

STLINI

UDFA
24 years old-why not bring him in? Same premise as Britt; limited guaranteed $. If he doesn't work out, cut him. No loss.

If he & Britt play to their potential w/ a real QB throwing them the ball, our offensive production will be what we all hope.

Plus, we can say SB8 stumbled upon some elevation dust. Win-win.

How does he have any more potential than the young guys we have? Highest drop % in the NFL last year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How does he have any more potential than the young guys we have? Highest drop % in the NFL last year.

He doesn't but sometimes a change of environment, teammates, and coaches can make a world of difference to a player.

wrstdude

Rookie

I'd say he has more potential than Emory Blake or Veltung.

Additionally, beyond potential, he has a history of production greater than any current WR on the roster not named Kenny Britt. 61 receptions for 709 yds in '11.

I'm not saying he'll immediately come in & supplant anyone, but I see no reason not to w/ the way NFL contracts can be structured.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All Little would do is take snaps from some of the young and MUCH MORE TALENTED projects the Rams already have.

If they bring in any vet receiver it needs to be someone who is solid and can be counted on to serve a role that will diminish when Bailey returns. Bailey is going to be an elite WR in this league, IMO. I am certain of both him and Tavon being big play, clutch receivers for this team.

They just need a third guy to step up as a legit option so it will be hard for teams to snuff out the passing game. Don't care whether it's Quick, Givens, or even Cook.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You are telling me one of his highlights was knocking over Gatorade?

lockdnram21

Legend
All Little would do is take snaps from some of the young and MUCH MORE TALENTED projects the Rams already have.

If they bring in any vet receiver it needs to be someone who is solid and can be counted on to serve a role that will diminish when Bailey returns. Bailey is going to be an elite WR in this league, IMO. I am certain of both him and Tavon being big play, clutch receivers for this team.

They just need a third guy to step up as a legit option so it will be hard for teams to snuff out the passing game. Don't care whether it's Quick, Givens, or even Cook.

Bailey will be pretty good but i dont know about elite. i want to see him vsa teams #1 corner first

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I really like him coming out of North Carolina. I would love the Rams to bring him in for a look. No harm in competition.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Disappointing 2nd round WR with good size, decent speed and a whole lotta potential.... nah, already got one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He doesn't but sometimes a change of environment, teammates, and coaches can make a world of difference to a player.

No thank you. I didn't want him when he was draft eligible. No he looks even worse. We have on reclamation project already in Britt. That is enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd overpay for Andre Johnson for a season or two. Its not my money. No way he goes unsigned. He could be our Boldin in terms of exp and leadership.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
He dropped his pink slip on the way out. No thanks.