Britt's Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Cook not only had his best season, he was the best receiver on the team last season, and he had the best season for a Rams' TE... ever. He doesn't go on that list. That's silly.

For $10,000ROD name any franchise with a worst record receiver at TE.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I know your high on Moe, but he's short and slow, but I realize Moe is more quick than fast, but I don't see someone like Moe outshining Britt. IMO the only way Britt is a dud is his health, he is now back with the Coach that drafted him and there are no more excuses.

If I'm going to go with a WR that outshines him I believe Justin Veltung or Austin Franklin has a better chance than T.J. Moe, but yoiu know how I feel about your posts and always trust your judgment, but I don't see it in Moe.

Amendola was and is short and slow, too. Yet he was perhaps the best WR this team has had the past few years. In the end, he got open and he caught the football and I think a healthy Moe could be the same type of player.

BTW, I also like that Moe was a former high school running QB and could be a pretty nice fit in a Brad Smith type of role that Schottenhiemer had in New York.

You lost me. What are you saying?

I'm saying that whilst Cook's 671 yards was best by any Rams TE...ever, some teams have a TE with a better record, say the Saints with Graham. Name any (active) franchise with a TE record which is less than the Rams record.

If you (or anyone) can do so without looking it up I'll transfer $10k into their account.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If he was performing at a high level prior to Sam going down I'd agree, but he had 1 really good game, then took the next 5 games (combined) to match that production.

Very true, but it was an elite performance, and one which I think could be repeated, especially now as we have a threatening run option...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very true, but it was an elite performance, and one which I think could be repeated, especially now as we have a threatening run option...

After reading analysts, our running game is very underrated. Pundits rarely mention Stacy.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Back on topic... I truly believe if Britt is healthy he WILL be our #1 and a fairly decent one at that. The running game will draw more 8 man fronts, so our guys should find favorable matchups 1 on 1.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Back on topic... I truly believe if Britt is healthy he WILL be our #1 and a fairly decent one at that. The running game will draw more 8 man fronts, so our guys should find favorable matchups 1 on 1.

I think Britt is a potential Comeback Player of the Year. Hopefully, we're that "change of scenery" he needs to get is head on straight. The talent is there!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
as long as he is healthy, Fisher will get the most out of him. he needs to perform if he doesn't want to end his career.

FRO

Legend
I think he is Fisher's guy and will have first chance to come in and get a good number of reps. I think the plan is for he, Austin, and Bailey to be the top 3 guys. Demoff mentioned that Bailey was a projected starter.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm saying that whilst Cook's 671 yards was best by any Rams TE...ever, some teams have a TE with a better record, say the Saints with Graham. Name any (active) franchise with a TE record which is less than the Rams record.

If you (or anyone) can do so without looking it up I'll transfer $10k into their account.

I'm sorry dude, you just can't call Cook a bust. He was the best receiver on the Rams and 11th best TE in the NFL as a first year player on a broken and very young team. That's not a bust.

Should we expect even more this season? Sure.

jjab360

Legend

Without looking it up, I'll guess the Jags.

I'm sorry dude, you just can't call Cook a bust. He was the best receiver on the Rams and 11th best TE in the NFL as a first year player on a broken and very young team. That's not a bust.

Should we expect even more this season? Sure.

Never meant that he was a bust, I meant he's a guy who came in with the "Fisher will make him elite" moniker and guess what, he turns out to have a year well in line with the rest of his career.

And was he the best receiver? Statistically? sure. Playing wise? I'd say that award goes to Stedman, Cook just got more opportunities.

jjab360

Legend
Damn, just looked up Marcedes Lewis' stats, he had 700 yards in 2010. Cardinals, I guess?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Never meant that he was a bust, I meant he's a guy who came in with the "Fisher will make him elite" moniker and guess what, he turns out to have a year well in line with the rest of his career.

And was he the best receiver? Statistically? sure. Playing wise? I'd say that award goes to Stedman, Cook just got more opportunities.

To be fair, he did have his 2nd best season in the NFL in his first year on a new team (most fail to notice the limited 1st year impact of most FAs), in what became more of a run first offense that didn't have it's starting QB for over half the season.

Let's see what happens in the marathon and not just go by the sprint.

BTW, don't have time to look it up, but I'm having a hard time recalling a Seahawks TE with big numbers.

To be fair, he did have his 2nd best season in the NFL in his first year on a new team (most fail to notice the limited 1st year impact of most FAs), in what became more of a run first offense that didn't have it's starting QB for over half the season.

Let's see what happens in the marathon and not just go by the sprint.

BTW, don't have time to look it up, but I'm having a hard time recalling a Seahawks TE with big numbers.

Boom. Only team.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Boom. Only team.
pay-da-man-his-money.jpg