Britt welcomes fresh start with Rams/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Bro .. I am so "Rams Fan" right now ... this is me
900_friends-jennifer-aniston-friends-826889036-58.jpg

Geez, you could poke someone's eye out with those things.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Foolish, maybe, disregard for authority may be pushing it - with regards to his character, it seems to fit with a 25yo kid with a bit of an ego complex (he's a WR for goodness sake!) - what I was saying was there are a lot of worse things that he could be doing than posting vids of him and his wife online...

>>Foolish, maybe, disregard for authority may be pushing it<<

Fair enough, which one of these charges (April 2011 arrest in New Jersey following a car chase with police. He was cited for careless driving and fined. Or June 2012, he was cited for resisting arrest in Hoboken, N.J.) is stretching it?

RamzFanz

Damnit
britt-veins.png

Somebody's been working out...

...if you want to have attitude, you need the guns.

Yeah, he might be able to fight for the ball.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
>>Foolish, maybe, disregard for authority may be pushing it<<

Fair enough, which one of these charges (April 2011 arrest in New Jersey following a car chase with police. He was cited for careless driving and fined. Or June 2012, he was cited for resisting arrest in Hoboken, N.J.) is stretching it?

@ramsince62 Maybe you should have read my original post - the discussion was about his instagram post, not things pre-rams... :whistle:

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Britt making his presence felt in Rams' OTAs
By Howard Balzer

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/britt-making-presence-felt-rams-204628842--nfl.html

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In the last two years with general manager Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher making the St. Louis Rams' personnel decisions, the team has selected a wide receiver in each of the first four rounds of the draft.

In 2012, it was Brian Quick with the first pick of the second round and Chris Givens in the fourth round. Last year, the Rams traded up from the 16th spot in the first round to eighth to take Tavon Austin. In the third round, it was Austin's college teammate at West Virginia, Stedman Bailey.

Clearly, the Rams hope all four players take big steps this season as the team strives to close the gap in the NFC West between them and the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. But the wild card in the team's pass-catching corps this season could be Kenny Britt, a former first-round pick of the Tennessee Titans who is trying to resurrect his career in St. Louis playing for the coach that drafted him in Tennessee.

With the Rams in the midst of their OTAs, Britt made it clear the reason he opted to sign a prove-it one-year contract with the Rams this offseason was the presence of Fisher.

"He's one of the coaches I'll follow anywhere," Britt said. "I'll run through a brick wall for the guy. He's a player's coach. He gets it. There's things that happen around your life, and some people will cut you off. He will just open their arms a little bit wider and let you know they're by your side."

While Britt had several off-field issues while with the Titans, Fisher had no qualms about adding him to the roster.

"It wasn't difficult at all," Fisher said. "I stayed in touch with Kenny my year off while he was rehabbing (2011 knee surgery). We spent some time together and I tried to help him get some things behind him. And he did. He's got everything straightened out now."

In the early OTAs, Britt stood out on the field, not only with his size (6 feet 3, 223 pounds), speed and pass-catching ability but with his passion for playing that sometimes crossed the line with trash-talking.

In one OTA, after beating cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson on deep passes, Britt was vocal toward both players. Then, after a scrum that involved Alec Ogletree and resulted in Fisher calling players to a huddle to talk to them, Britt and Johnson got into a wrestling match with both players ending up on the ground and Britt on top of Johnson.

After that, Fisher's voice exploded in excoriating the players. While the coach likes a certain amount of aggressiveness in practice, he said his words were to "just let them know that we have some rules we have to abide by and we have to learn to protect each other a little better. (But) it was good. It was very competitive."

As for Britt, Fisher said, "He's a very emotional kid. He's an emotional receiver. He looks the part, and he can make the plays. I was really happy to see him come on (board). Kept himself in really good shape during the free agency period. Came in and has done a great job. He's had no setbacks, he feels great physically. So he can potentially return to where he was a very productive receiver."

That's what Britt is pushing for, and treating this as the fresh start it truly is.

"It's everything to me," he said. "My mind is free and relaxed right now. I'm taking this year as a rookie year, like when I first came into the league. That's my mind state right now. Starting from scratch.

"I'm just trying to get back to where I was before. I'm feeling healthy. I'm feeling strong."

He also said not to read too much into the extra-curricular things that happen on the field.

"We take that on the field, off the field, in the weight room, in the locker room," Britt said. "Guys love it. We're males out there; this is a man's game. That's one thing, when you come between those lines, you compete. When we go in the locker room, we're brothers."

Quarterback Sam Bradford loves what he has seen from Britt.

"He's a big, explosive wide receiver who can make plays down the field," Bradford said. "He's looked really good in his time here. I think just watching him and the energy that he comes onto the field with every day has been great. Not only for the offense, but for that wide receiving corps in general. I just feel like he brings kind of a presence and an energy that maybe hasn't been there in the past."

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Well everyone is/was predicting Kenny Britt to be nothing more than a boob for us!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
:hijack:

Get back to talking about Kenny Britt or else it's time to put this thread out of its misery. :fighting: Can't find the 'no boobies in this thread' emoticon. :shades:
Well... if we start talking about Instagram.... ow!

Okay! Okay! Don't hit!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Seriously though ... I don't think we should have any concerns with KB other than his health. If he stays healthy, he is going to be lights out for us! When SB comes back from his ...ahem ... camp, along with TA .. we are looking good. Hopefully Givens rounds into form ... and then there is Quick ... oh Brian how you torment us ...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Seriously though ... I don't think we should have any concerns with KB other than his health. If he stays healthy, he is going to be lights out for us! When SB comes back from his ...ahem ... camp, along with TA .. we are looking good. Hopefully Givens rounds into form ... and then there is Quick ... oh Brian how you torment us ...
I'm not really concerned about KB so much as I'm concerned about all the receivers (though I think we'll be in absolute worst case okay there). KB, like a lot of other new Rams, is low risk and potentially very high reward. So my only concern is that if he does excel, will the crow I have to eat taste good?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not really concerned about KB so much as I'm concerned about all the receivers (though I think we'll be in absolute worst case okay there). KB, like a lot of other new Rams, is low risk and potentially very high reward. So my only concern is that if he does excel, will the crow I have to eat taste good?
Salt ... pepper .. some garlic .....best damn crow you ever ate! (y)