Brett Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd take him in the second if I had enough holes filled already. It's a coin flip with him, but that's true with any marginal QB. It's less risky to take him than throw away a 3rd into Petty or any other QB that has zero chance of ever being more than a camp body.

I read over the last month rumors that the Eagles are in love with him since a move up for Mariota isn't going to happen. it makes since just because Kelly thinks he can fix any QB.
Kelly recruited, Hundley.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
So says the school. We shall see when the combine comes... Height isn't everything obviously or shorter QB's wouldn't be successful, just watching him seems to me he has to extend a bit with his motion for height. I'll be curious to see him at the combine and see how eh performs compared to the others.

Well Petty measured in at 6'3" 230lbs with 10" hands at the combine, far from small by any measure. He should do well in the drills as well, he will surprise people with his athleticism.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Petty measured in at 6'3" 230lbs with 10" hands at the combine, far from small by any measure. He should do well in the drills as well, he will surprise people with his athleticism.
Agree. He's my favorite QB within 2-3 round range

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Hundley could be good if he has a chance to sit and learn for a year or two with a good QB coach that can develop his talents. I don't believe that these guys are as good as they will be coming out of college. Unfortunately the college game has virtually stopped developing NFL QB talent, its not the same game. A good coach can help these guys grow and learn how to read defenses, go through progressions and how to be an NFL QB. Hundley has the tools to be developed. If he is there for the Rams in round two and there isn't anyone higher on their board welcome to StL. I don't like the idea of using a 3rd or later and hoping for a miracle when there are still plenty of places that need to be upgraded on this team with talent at other positions that can actually play in the NFL available.

Kaep might be better than what we have had the last year and a half but there is no way in hell he was better than Bradford in 2012 and 2013

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Probably the best team/player match, that I don't know why I haven't thought about until now, would be Philly drafting Hundley in the first. They run a simple offense that can utilize a mobile qb. I will not be surprised to see that happen.

Athos

Legend
Kaep might be better than what we have had the last year and a half but there is no way in hell he was better than Bradford in 2012 and 2013

At worst, I think Hundley has a far better head/attitude/whatever you wanna call it than KraperDink.

With Hundley, you'd need at least a full year to train him out of his bad habits and into better ones. I wonder if you could make him into a poor man's Russell Wilson.

Though, you'd need at least a hybrid read option offense though. You have the LT for that in GRob. Mason who comes from that system.