Breakdown of Goff vs Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
going to bump this in anticipation of facing the Bears next Saturday...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, this thread is like a turd in the punch bowl....lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The game plan has always been to stop Gurley and make Goff beat them. He has been doing that all season until last week.

That game was different... The Bears actually showed Goff a lot of respect by keeping their safeties deep to limit his arm talent. It's an admission that they don't want the QB to beat them, and something you see teams do vs top QBs. It was a growth game for him and Jared's gotta adjust to that and he will. Because he's going to see a lot of cover 2 and 3 in his future every year in the playoffs.

Rams OL also has to adjust. They got their @$$es kicked too. I don't prefer we play the Bears or anything but I do have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing how we do in the rematch. As long as our defense doesn't make it easy on Trubitsky by giving up 5 yards a carry on the ground it should be fun.

Flint

Pro Bowler
The Bears were giving Cooks much respect, playing way off. Why the Rams didn’t go to him more I don’t know.
McVay seemed determined to go deep and Goff ended up holding the ball too long. Maybe it was on Goff’s decision making but they played into the bear’s hands.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Can't really say anything other than Goff just had a bad game. O line did as well, no question but he just made bad decisions. It happens

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff froze. (Almost) Literally. I expect better in the playoffs.

TexasRam

Legend
He uses 4 plays to fit his narrative. How convenient.

I rewatched the Bears game.

Where is the mention of the dropped passes all over the field by Gurley Everett and the rest.

I’m sorry but if this dude played Football he would know that when you are stepped on and bumped when throwing your pass is going to be off. When you are hit it the face while throwing the ball is going to be errant and good on the Bears for intercepting it.

The deep in by Robert Woods is a bread and butter play that Goff nails 90 percent of the time like no other QB. We use this to stretch the defense. Goff foot was not only stepped on it was moved. Not Goff’s fault.

Goff had one interception in that game that was on him and that is the facts.

The biggest thing the Bears did is get pressure to Goff quick and hit him as he was throwing or speed up his timing, and get lucky enough to catch the ball when it came out after he was hit.

Could Mcvay and Goff grow from this game and get better? Absolutely. Goff can use his checkdowns more and Mcvay can counter the defense differently. But it was an away game in Freezing temp vs the top defense in the NFL. Two of those three elements change next week.

Psycho_X

Legend
It seems like McVay really didn't call a bad game, Goff just has to take what is given to him when defenses sell out deep. Him not doing that and the o-line having the worst performance almost across the board just made for a bad game. I expect a rematch to go better. Will still be a slugfest but it won't be like that.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
All this showed me was that with a little discipline and playing like their capable of (ie not dropping balls, stepping on each other), having a healthy Gurley, and tossing in a dose of CJ....we'll be just fine.

On the offensive side of the ball, this team does not seem to repeat many mistakes game to game. Now if we could just get our ILBs to play their gaps....:whistle: