Brandon Powell to Vikings, Rams lose another...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No big deal, we can always put Cooper Kupp back there, amiright??
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

oldnotdead

Legend
They must have someone in mind as his replacement. Probably drafting a RB3 that can return kicks and punts. It's not as easy as you think. Maybe they finally have gotten Atwell coached up to do it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Kyren Williams did some returning, right?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
This is a bummer if you ask me. Powell was good as a returner and a solid YAC guy when needed. I'm sure the Vikings are paying him peanuts too and we we will have an unproven returner now. I don't want to see Atwell back there either. Just put him on the IR now. Fairly sure he got hurt on his first return as a rookie during preseason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I keep reading, “ no big loss” about all of the starters who have left the Rams. If they weren’t that good, fine. But they were STILL the best guys we could plug into starter roles last year. The draft is a crap shoot and UDFA’s rarely result in starting level players. We have signed zero free agents. I know, I know…”trust the process”

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I keep reading, “ no big loss” about all of the starters who have left the Rams. If they weren’t that good, fine. But they were STILL the best guys we could plug into starter roles last year. The draft is a crap shoot and UDFA’s rarely result in starting level players. We have signed zero free agents. I know, I know…”trust the process”
We should at least be better than an expansion team, I think.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Most of these guys that everyone is agonizing over WERE former draft picks and UDFAs tho.

Weird how we have threads over these players signing elsewhere but parallel threads questioning Les' decision making.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of these guys that everyone is agonizing over WERE former draft picks and UDFAs tho.

Weird how we have threads over these players signing elsewhere but parallel threads questioning Les' decision making.
I guess it comes down to "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" concept. If Snead want's to blow it up except for three untouchables (Donald, Stafford and Kupp) and look forward to 2024, that's fine. I won't like it, because I don't like wasting a year like that. Yes, some were later round draft picks and UDFA's and were marginal starters, but they were the best we could field for last season. Some were developed for a couple of years and now we're relying on more later round draft picks/UDFAS who have no development whatsoever?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I guess it comes down to "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" concept. If Snead want's to blow it up except for three untouchables (Donald, Stafford and Kupp) and look forward to 2024, that's fine. I won't like it, because I don't like wasting a year like that. Yes, some were later round draft picks and UDFA's and were marginal starters, but they were the best we could field for last season. Some were developed for a couple of years and now we're relying on more later round draft picks/UDFAS who have no development whatsoever?

Wait I'm still confused. Brandon Powell was a UDFA and career practice squad guy before coming here. So what is he? A marginal starter or someone you could plug in? This dude was a PR. You can find those dudes easily.

Greg Gaines = 4th round
David Long = 3rd round
Nick Scott = 7th round

So even tho these guys and others developed and were able to play, these other guys the Rams picked over the past couple years aren't gonna be capable to step up like these guys have? The aforementioned guys didn't instantly come in and become these good players. They developed. What makes anyone think a Bobby Brown can't become the next version of Greg Gaines?

This is the biggest double standard I've seen on this board in years. On one hand you (royal you) pound the table for building and developing through the draft, and not overpaying for players, but then when the team actually does that, you (again royal you) scream that they're letting everyone go and relying on unproven guys they picked in the later rounds. Like WTF are they supposed to do?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Powell always gave 100%. Contributed a bit as both RB and WR on offense.

IMHO Atwell looked lost as a PR in 2021. Frankly I don't think it suits him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not a fan of Atwell returning kicks.

Speed is great, but you need field vision. Powell had that. Atwell hasn’t shown that, yet.