LEGEND Boobies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, you said something in your post that pisses Irish people off, so rather than jump on that, I just figured I would issue a bit of a correction on one of the notes so less people are inclined to say the same thing in a less forgiving place and get attacked by it. I see a lot of people getting really defensive and angry when they get called out in other places, and I’m seeing other Irish people call it out more and more as tones and attitudes shift within the country itself.
What Irish people? My Grandparents were immigrants, I'm a proud member of several Irish American organizations and I've never heard one person ever be offended by the Red hair and Freckles. Spare me the triggered offended crap. Good grief. Take that crap elsewhere.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, red hair and freckled cleavage goes together like a wink and a smile

a267f6c900d4eeb30dfaae31420e7860.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
What Irish people? My Grandparents were immigrants, I'm a proud member of several Irish American organizations and I've never heard one person ever be offended by the Red hair and Freckles. Spare me the triggered offended crap. Good grief. Take that crap elsewhere.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, red hair and freckled cleavage goes together like a wink and a smile

a267f6c900d4eeb30dfaae31420e7860.jpg

Good on you, I was born in Ireland, raised in Ireland, have a home in Ireland, a lot of family in Ireland, maintain my Irish citizenship (earned my American one in the service) speak the language, and know the history.

But hey, what would I know about Ireland? You clearly have a better pulse on the country cause your grandparents came from there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good on you, I was born in Ireland, raised in Ireland, have a home in Ireland, a lot of family in Ireland, maintain my Irish citizenship (earned my American one in the service) speak the language, and know the history.

But hey, what would I know about Ireland? You clearly have a better pulse on the country cause your grandparents came from there.
9A96310D-1F44-4F8A-BDB5-7682CACD8EF5.jpeg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s about the level of awareness regarding Irish culture that I expected, yeah.
You're triggered by Red Hair and freckles used in a complimentary fashion and think that's emblematic of Irish culture? Good grief man. Loud and Proud of Irish beauty. Maureen O'Hara put a stamp on that for us.
In the meantime powderpuff, I'll go back to the regularly scheduled programming....

1596570907527.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I swear to god, if arguments erupt in the boobies thread...

Don’t make me turn this board around.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed! Another attempt to get this back on track, btw I've posted multiples of that freckled lil thing and there's been one complaint about her not being attractive so :)

lc0qhj2vize51.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Right?

Jesus Christ - from freckles and boobs to hereditary insults. FFS guys, lighten the fuck up...like @OldSchool. :p

bluecoconuts

Legend
I was gonna explain in a nicer way but fuck it, I'll just piss everyone off.

If you're an American, especially born in the states, and your family immigrated from Ireland before you were born, you are not considered Irish to the people of Ireland. In order to be considered Irish you need to have been born there. The Irish see Americans claiming to be Irish in the same light as veterans see civilians stealing valor. This revelation triggers and upsets many Americans, but it's the truth. That's my ted talk, here's some titties.

1118full.jpg

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was gonna explain in a nicer way but fuck it, I'll just piss everyone off.

If you're an American, especially born in the states, and your family immigrated from Ireland before you were born, you are not considered Irish to the people of Ireland. In order to be considered Irish you need to have been born there. The Irish see Americans claiming to be Irish in the same light as veterans see civilians stealing valor. This revelation triggers and upsets many Americans, but it's the truth. That's my ted talk, here's some titties.

1118full.jpg
Yes, More titties less talk!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you're an American, especially born in the states, and your family immigrated from Ireland before you were born, you are not considered Irish to the people of Ireland. In order to be considered Irish you need to have been born there.
Well, that's me, basically. My great grandfather emigrated to America (fun fact, he was first officer on the Titanic and lived). So, let me ask you this. If I'm of Irish descent, was never born there, but move there eventually, do I get to claim it again?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As per the previous comment about heredity I would then classify as an American Mutt and proud of it.

6agdxmhihye51.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well, that's me, basically. My great grandfather emigrated to America (fun fact, he was first officer on the Titanic and lived). So, let me ask you this. If I'm of Irish descent, was never born there, but move there eventually, do I get to claim it again?

No, but people would probably respect you for returning and not give you too much shit, especially if you learn the history and the customs and adapt. Now if you were able to become a citizen (if I recall, great grandparent wouldn't make the cut off) then you'd probably get some interested looks, but I think most people would accept you as being Irish, because you're an Irish citizen. It's why typically speaking if someone were to immigrate over Ireland, such as a refugee for example, many people wouldn't consider them Irish, but if they had kids on the Island, then they would consider those kids Irish. Especially if they are raised there. Don't get me wrong, people are happy to celebrate heritage and such, and talk about different things, but it's sort of a weird thing. We're not that far removed from our Independence, my great grandfather was conscripted to fight in WWI for the British Army, and refused and instead decided to remain home and fight for Irish independence, and after that the Irish Civil War, the troubles ended when I was living there, I had older cousins dipping across the boarder to carry out operations, uncles who fought during the boarder campaign, my father did a few raids of his own in his youth. Although I was too young to really remember much of that, as the ceasefire began when I was only 6, there are people who are very protective over Irish identity because it's still pretty recent. It's why I get so much crap when I go home for moving to the states, and I'll continue to get crap until I move back. Just how it is for some people. Most Americans trace their lineage to an Ireland that technically doesn't exist anymore, or worse to Northern Occupied Ireland, which cause some Irishmen to believe that they shouldn't even claim Irish heritage but rather British. I don't split hairs that much though.

Now, of course for the titty sacrifice.

siri1.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No, but people would probably respect you for returning and not give you too much shit, especially if you learn the history and the customs and adapt. Now if you were able to become a citizen (if I recall, great grandparent wouldn't make the cut off) then you'd probably get some interested looks, but I think most people would accept you as being Irish, because you're an Irish citizen. It's why typically speaking if someone were to immigrate over Ireland, such as a refugee for example, many people wouldn't consider them Irish, but if they had kids on the Island, then they would consider those kids Irish. Especially if they are raised there. Don't get me wrong, people are happy to celebrate heritage and such, and talk about different things, but it's sort of a weird thing. We're not that far removed from our Independence, my great grandfather was conscripted to fight in WWI for the British Army, and refused and instead decided to remain home and fight for Irish independence, and after that the Irish Civil War, the troubles ended when I was living there, I had older cousins dipping across the boarder to carry out operations, uncles who fought during the boarder campaign, my father did a few raids of his own in his youth. Although I was too young to really remember much of that, as the ceasefire began when I was only 6, there are people who are very protective over Irish identity because it's still pretty recent. It's why I get so much crap when I go home for moving to the states, and I'll continue to get crap until I move back. Just how it is for some people. Most Americans trace their lineage to an Ireland that technically doesn't exist anymore, or worse to Northern Occupied Ireland, which cause some Irishmen to believe that they shouldn't even claim Irish heritage but rather British. I don't split hairs that much though.

Now, of course for the titty sacrifice.

siri1.jpg
That makes sense. Emigrating to America and getting citizenship makes you an American, but what does that really mean? It’s a melting pot. It would be like trying to claim you’re somehow now a Native American. I can see not being considered Irish simply because you became an immigrant there. There’s much more to it than being a Country. There’s lineage, history, battles over preservation, and sort of a purity to it if you were born there. I probably wouldn’t accept an immigrant’s claim to be Irish either, had I been a 10th generation Irishman or something.

That said, I do still claim to be half Irish. It doesn’t branch off when I traced my heritage. Ireland (I was able to go back to the 16th century) to America on my mother’s side. I don’t know much about my biological father’s side, and don’t care to. He just muddied the waters, so to speak. Fuckface that he was.