Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Warrior Nun started out really slow and my wife wanted to give up on it.

But she was glad that I stuck with the show because the last few episodes were awesome.

Cursed - I haven't been able to get into that yet. Only a few episodes in though.

We started watching other shows that came up - Umbrella Academy then Lucifer.

Oh and this season for Lucifer was the best imho.
I need to finish the last season and a half of Lucifer as well. Still so much to stream. Also am a season or close to two behind on Yellowstone.

Stump23

Rookie
I have been reading about detective Heironymous (rhymes with anonymous) Bosch, since 2000. Except for maybe the last two books, I have read every book by Michael Connelly, whether Bosch was in it or not. I have read five newer Harry Bosch books books this summer, alone.

But for some reason, I have had no desire to watch "Bosch," because I fear that I will be disappointed by the portrayal of him. It's funny that I always had a mental picture of Bosch as looking like Andy Sipowicz character, played by Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue. I liked the Sipowicz character and was disappointed when I realized that Bosch in the books was a skinny guy. *mind blown.

So what do you think dieter, will I be disappointed as a book reader of Bosch with tv series Bosch?
I have read all of Connelly's books as well. I pictured Bosch as Sipowicz as well right off the bat several years ago.....funny, I never thought anyone else would have the same picture! Agree the current Bosch on the show is tough to reconcile with the overlapping books they throw into each series. Each Connelly book series are great reads.....now he can do some more with Lincoln Lawyer franchise now that McConahey(?) is in that role....maybe another couple of movies or Netflix series?

Stump23

Rookie
Thinking of NYPD Blue, it was on for 12 years at least and should be in syndication, but I have not seen it in years on tv in a long time. There are 3 versions of Law & Order in syndication, and so shouldn't NYPD Blue be somewhere? I do remember that it broke rules during it's run, and so is it too racy for daytime TV?
NYPD Blue was on Audience Network for the past 3 or 4 years from beginning to end. They stopped it at the end of summer in 2019. I think it's on Apple TV (for a price) or maybe Hulu if you can handle commercials. Awesome show with a bunch of hot chicks almost naked!!!!

Stump23

Rookie
I love the Harry Bosch books, and love the series. Will you be disappointed? Hard to say. Depends really on how hung up you are on the differences.
Titus Welliver is not who I pictured, but I think how the begin season 1 will allow you to see how he fits. But here's where your enjoyment is make or break, when written in the 90's Bosch was a vietnam vet. At that time the cliche character from Vietnam was disheveled, mustached etc (I had pictured him as Gene Hackman- Night moves/Uncommon Valor), and the house he bought was small. In the show it takes place in modern times, and gets all the upgrades. He's too young to be a Vietnam vet, but a Vet he is, maybe Afghanistan, so the character is built differently.
Michael Connelly has been all over the series, and each season takes pieces from different books.
So give it a try, and if you can suspend the "the books were so different" vibe, I think you'll love it
Yeah, I commented on someone else's thread...just finished Connolly's latest, not Bosch but Jack McEvoy/Rachel Walling series. I was hooked on his books since i started reading him several years ago. Bosch was Andy Sipowicz to me but agree with Connelly's finger prints all over. Also read all of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books....another Netflix/Prime series waiting to happen....no way Tom Cruise has any place playing Reacher though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was that originally a youtube series?
Youtube had seasons 1 & 2 but are going away from that type of programming. Season 3 was supposedly filmed and was due out but now that they’ve moved to netflix it could be a while

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already, but Dead to Me on Netflix is great. I thought I liked Linda Cardellini before, but now she's going in the "Crush" thread....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yes - I think so. 2 seasons now on netflix and it’s everything you want it to be and more.

i concur. you couldn't have asked for a better sequel to the original movie.

can't binge it though. we watch a couple of episodes a night.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Playing on Netflix...

This was painful. Every scene seemed the same to me. And a whole lot of yelling. Maybe the acting is good, but the movie seemed like you could have watched mostly the end and got the gist of it.

Pass.

View: https://youtu.be/vTfJp2Ts9X8

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Playing on Netflix...

This was painful. Every scene seemed the same to me. And a whole lot of yelling. Maybe the acting is good, but the movie seemed like you could have watched mostly the end and got the gist of it.

Pass.

View: https://youtu.be/vTfJp2Ts9X8

It was painful alright, but in a kind of good way. It showed how escalating problems result in an escalation of despair and desperation. Everything he did to try and remedy his situation (through unscrupulous means) resulted in an even worse outcome. It was non-stop "reap what you sow" in real-time. I thought it was one of Adam's best roles, to be quite honest. But yeah, it was painful to watch if you're hoping for a good outcome at some point.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read that Cobra Kai is slated for summer of 2021 on Netflix. What truly sucks, is Netflix is trying to ride the wave of success of the 1st two seasons right now. The problem is the 3rd season was filmed over 9 months ago. The majority of the cast is in their early 20s playing teenagers. That won’t last long IMO. Or I could be salty that I watched it on YouTube and just don’t feel like waiting another year to get new content.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah Cobra Kai is a fantastic show. They NAILED the nolstagia while keeping it fresh and current. Johnny Lawrence is my new fave character.....hes like Al Bundy and Billy Madison wrapped into one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This explains Dark fairly well.

19757.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah Cobra Kai is a fantastic show. They NAILED the nolstagia while keeping it fresh and current. Johnny Lawrence is my new fave character.....hes like Al Bundy and Billy Madison wrapped into one.
Yeah, I liked when he discovered how to connect to WiFi.
The first thing he does is google hot babes.