Best value in latest draft for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I'm going with Beaux Limmer. 6th round draft choice. Has a mean demeanor according to scouting reports. Really good run blocker. Rams look absolutely deep at Center for years.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Both Limmer and Kitchens have the potential to be major steals. Kitchens was widely regarded as the best safety in the draft he ran his 40 banged up and dropped. some had him going high as late first early second until he bombed at the combine due to injury.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Both Limmer and Kitchens have the potential to be major steals. Kitchens was widely regarded as the best safety in the draft he ran his 40 banged up and dropped. some had him going high as late first early second until he bombed at the combine due to injury.
Do you have a link? I looked hard but never found any confirmation he was injured outside of the X post, albeit by a Miami reporter, that was posted here

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Do you have a link? I looked hard but never found any confirmation he was injured outside of the X post, albeit by a Miami reporter, that was posted here

No I don't have a link. I'm sure we are thinking of the same report. But whoever that reporter was is close to the team so I would think he would have the inside track to knowing about the injury. He sure as hell plays a lot faster than he timed at the combine.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sometimes a slow 40 can be misleading. Some guys just aren't track guys. We sure are lucky Kupp didn't run a fast 40. He probably woulda gone sooner. How fast they are on the field during a game is the best indicator. I think Kinchens will show he isn't slow when it comes to playing with pads.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Sometimes a slow 40 can be misleading. Some guys just aren't track guys. We sure are lucky Kupp didn't run a fast 40. He probably woulda gone sooner. How fast they are on the field during a game is the best indicator. I think Kinchens will show he isn't slow when it comes to playing with pads.
Agreed. Does a 40 measure quickness, efficiency of movement, or agility?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The OP raises a good question.

But how to determine ‘best value’?

If we use the metric of where a player was finally picked vs his ‘ranked position’, then I guess Limmer is the guy.

But if the metric is ‘most positive impact to the team’, then we’ve gotta give it to Verse based on current expectations and reports coming out of OTA’s.

Personally, I think both were great picks, along with so many others.

Ram65

Legend
They are all good values.

Blake Corum is where production and impact meet creating great value in relationship to drafted location.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going out on a huge limb...but I think Jordan Whittington is going to make a lot of teams look silly for not drafting him.

sloramfan

Starter
corum...

not sure why, but i just got a feeling this guy will replace williams as the starter by mid season, and not by injury...

i think he has william's twitch and power, but up a slight notch...

good to have two capable RB's...

go rams

slo

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
corum...

not sure why, but i just got a feeling this guy will replace williams as the starter by mid season, and not by injury...

i think he has william's twitch and power, but up a slight notch...

good to have two capable RB's...

go rams

slo
Although I do believe that they will share carries, I do believe that Corum is a better receiver out of the backfield then given credit for.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think Verse will be the best player the Rams drafted this year. But since he was a mid first round pick can we call it best value? If I had to guess I'd say Kinchens because some woulda had him with a late first to mid second round grade if he ran a faster 40. I'm not worried about that 40 time. Some guys just aren't track guys. Its how fast you are on the field in pads that says everything.

methomas50

Rookie
I hope it is Fiske. They gave up a fair amount of capital for him. Nothing brings more to a defense than DTs that can collapse pockets.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Like a lot of posters, I really liked the late-3rd-round safety out of Miami; and have high hopes for him.

So in the interest of that positivity, I point-out that it is Kinchens with and "n", and not a "t"