Best fast food restaurant...Chick-Fil-A?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I wonder where they took this poll , there is like a total of 10 Chick-fil-A in the entire state of Iowa , the closest one to me is like 100 miles away, most people I know have never even eaten at one

I haven't......................lol

They must have polled three people coming out of one in Des Moines

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back in my pre-veggie days my favorite fast food place was The Happy Hound in Los Gatos, CA.

Happy-Hound300_300_300_100.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So there is exactly one White Castle in Nevada and it is in Vegas. Apparently they were going to put one in Reno but the Vegas store is tanking after opening to huge lines. So yeah.... the favorite fast food in Nevada? I don’t buy it at all.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I thought Whataburger was the thing in Texas.

It is the thing. If I had to guess, without knowing the results of this flawed survey, I would have said what-a-burger or Chic-fil-a. Chic has big lines, but not long wait times, all the time in my area. What a burger is less packed out here, but we have a lot of non-Texans.

And honestly, the longest I've ever waited for food at a fast food place was my first time at in and out. There were about 40 people on line on front of me before my youth group showed up (another 30 ish people). I think I spent an hour there before I got my food. Then I was rushed and the food was crappy. I was never impressed with it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
So there is exactly one White Castle in Nevada and it is in Vegas. Apparently they were going to put one in Reno but the Vegas store is tanking after opening to huge lines. So yeah.... the favorite fast food in Nevada? I don’t buy it at all.
Yeah, only one Chick-Fil-A in Montana and its the state's favorite. Complete BS.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It is the thing. If I had to guess, without knowing the results of this flawed survey, I would have said what-a-burger or Chic-fil-a. Chic has big lines, but not long wait times, all the time in my area. What a burger is less packed out here, but we have a lot of non-Texans.

And honestly, the longest I've ever waited for food at a fast food place was my first time at in and out. There were about 40 people on line on front of me before my youth group showed up (another 30 ish people). I think I spent an hour there before I got my food. Then I was rushed and the food was crappy. I was never impressed with it.
Don’t know what to tell you about your experience with In n Out. I have been to probably 20 different stores. They are almost always busy yet the food comes out remarkably fast, the employees look you in the eye and count your change back, and even the floors are clean despite the constant crowds. I can see if the food is not your thing. The burgers are really just a good basic burger IMO, and I think their fries lack flavor. But as an operation? I’ve never seen consistency anything like it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Don’t know what to tell you about your experience with In n Out. I have been to probably 20 different stores. They are almost always busy yet the food comes out remarkably fast, the employees look you in the eye and count your change back, and even the floors are clean despite the constant crowds. I can see if the food is not your thing. The burgers are really just a good basic burger IMO, and I think their fries lack flavor. But as an operation? I’ve never seen consistency anything like it.

Do that's my other really controversial opinion about them. It's really basic all around and the fries lack flavor (I say they taste like potatoes, which isn't really what I want the fries too taste like).

On the consistency thing, idk. McDonald's is super consistent. In fact, that's pretty much all they are. The food sucks, but it all sucks the exact same no matter where you go or when your there. You'll get the same indigestion in Texas as you will in Massachusetts or in China.

I've only been to in n out 3 or maybe 4 times. All different stores. And it is remarkably consistent I guess. But it's not hard to make plain meat taste like plain meat and plain potatoes taste like plain potatoes. I've never tried their milkshake. Maybe that's better. I'll probably never find out.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

ea3679ce63570eb55a88a8abf769b89f127a02a859a59fe773149e8a7aaf7f2a.jpg

I've lived in California 40+ years. Never had or seen a Raising Canes. What the heck is that?
Born and raised in California. Never heard of it.
Back in my pre-veggie days my favorite fast food place was The Happy Hound in Los Gatos, CA.

Happy-Hound300_300_300_100.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg
I just drove by there the other day! There's a great little breakfast joint just down the street from the Hound called Lou's that I enjoy from time to time. I try to get to LG as often as possible. Despite the ties to my first bitc...er...wife, I still love the area.

TexasRam

Legend
Native Texans hate in and out burger. It’s offensive to them.

But so many Parts of Texas are growing with outsiders and they like it.

I’m from Cali, living in Texas now for 14 years. I like them both at times. The Natives look at me weird when i day I am going to in and out. As if I was signing a check to Hillary Clinton lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Chick-Fil-A is pretty awesome.
Especially in the morning.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never had Chick-fil-a
Stopped at one once on my way home from a Road trip from North Carolina, but it was Sunday and they was closed

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just drove by there the other day! There's a great little breakfast joint just down the street from the Hound called Lou's that I enjoy from time to time. I try to get to LG as often as possible. Despite the ties to my first bitc...er...wife, I still love the area.

Once I move back that would be my greatest temptation, to go to the Happy Hound and stuff my face with their food and abandon any notion of vegetarianism. The last time I tried that was about ten years ago. My friend Phil is a great cook and he whipped up these unbelievable meatballs. I ate 12 of them and was sick for a week. :puke: Oh and I might swing by Der Wienerschnitzel as well once I recover. :cool:

Always loved Los Gatos. Couldn't afford to live there though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Until about a year ago I hadn't eaten at any fast food restaurant for many years... but my sons introduced me to this new fast food place (it's definitely not new anymore) called Chipotle Mexican Grill. They use nothing but organic ingredients and they make the food in front of you just like Subway. Their stuff is very good.

I'm surprised that this restaurant hasn't been listed as a favorite. You cannot go to any of these Chipotle restaurants without having to wait in a line... no matter what time of day or night.

It's the only fast food place for me. Check it out if you get the chance. You'll be happy that you did.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until about a year ago I hadn't eaten at any fast food restaurant for many years... but my sons introduced me to this new fast food place (it's definitely not new anymore) called Chipotle Mexican Grill. They use nothing but organic ingredients and they make the food in front of you just like Subway. Their stuff is very good.

I'm surprised that this restaurant hasn't been listed as a favorite. You cannot go to any of these Chipotle restaurants without having to wait in a line... no matter what time of day or night.

It's the only fast food place for me. Check it out if you get the chance. You'll be happy that you did.
Which leads to the debate, what classifies as fast food?
I like Chipotle, and its cousin, Moes, but I dont consider it "fast food".
To me, fast food should be drive thru friendly.
That said Chipotle is very good, I'm a huge fan of their pork and now they will be serving queso, expect longer lines!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If ever in New Jersey, got to try this joint, its kinda like a fat White Castle burger
White-Rose-System-StoreFront_2322.jpg

20071213-whiterose01.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Living in Texas, I've been fortunate to have had pretty much all of these...

McDonald’s was the runner-up in two states (Alaska and North Carolina) and the District of Columbia.
Mickey D's only in a pinch. Ate too much of it when the kids were little.

In-N-Out Burger, meanwhile, took two states: Texas and Utah. This put In-N-Out in a tie for third place with Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, which took South Dakota and Hawaii.
I really like In-and-out burgers... similar to Five Guys. But Popeyes gets me every time... when I get a craving, just have to have it. Best fried chicken out there IMO.

Raising Cane’s, Culver’s, White Castle, Taco Bueno and Wendy’s each claimed one state.
Raising Cane's is very good, IMO... seems very fresh and tasty. Only went to Culver's once but really liked it. Problem is, it's a few towns away - there's not a lot of them here. White Castles (a/k/a murder burgers, belly bombs)... great memories growing up in NJ. "buy 'em by the sack" - back when they only cost 10 cents each... loved them. Yeah, they're polarizing... but late night after a few? Nothing beats them. Of the fast food Mexican joints, I prefer Taco Bueno over Taco Hell (more on that later). And I've always liked Wendys... a step above Mickey D's and Burger King..

Team Taco Bell 4 Life. Tastes good and cleans out your system!
No way! Not after it was exposed for not using beef in it's tacos and they admitted to it. Maybe they fixed that - I'm sure they did - but the places are dirty and the food disgusting.

Whataburger
Love me some Whataburger (and their onion rings)... but can only do it every once in a while. They are larger than normal burgers and very greasy. Fresh? They don't cook it until you order it... which leads me to my biggest beef (pun intended)... drive through can be a 20+ minute affair... not what I call "fast food" but really good.

Chic-Fil-A is the most grossly overrated crap on the planet. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why assholes sit in a 30 minute drive through line for average food. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of "fast" food? I swear the people that swear by that place are a cult.....
So, I have this theory and check it out next time you see that long line of cars at a Chick-fil-A drive through. Notice how many "mommies" are in that line. I swear... they love that stuff and feed it to their kids constantly. Not that it's not good... most of it is... and I'm told healthier than most fast food joints. But, I'd love to see the demographic numbers for their customer base. I'd bet a large sum of money, it's very heavily weighted toward women.

Chipotle Mexican Grill.
Never was a real fan... then they had that food poisoning issue... then it happened again... nah, I'm out of Chipotle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Which leads to the debate, what classifies as fast food?
I like Chipotle, and its cousin, Moes, but I dont consider it "fast food".
To me, fast food should be drive thru friendly.
That said Chipotle is very good, I'm a huge fan of their pork and now they will be serving queso, expect longer lines!

I'm almost certain that Chipotle labels themselves a fast food restaurant.