Bernie's Ram Bytes: NFL Draftniks can't be trusted

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
TLDR: "Hey guys, even though everyone is praising the Rams, they didn't do what I wanted so I'm going to bitch and cry and show how everyone else has been wrong before"

So obviously Bernie must be an EXCELLENT draft evaluate right? Lets watch!

April 25th 2009:

"Smith is right choice if Rams take lineman"

The other day I was finishing up on my radio show at WXOS (101.1 FM), only to be informed that Jason Smith was on the line.

The Baylor offensive tackle had unexpectedly called in to do a little pre-draft campaigning.

"Please understand that I want to be in St. Louis," Smith said. "I'm ready to be a Ram. Let's go! I'm Ram Tough."

I think the big fella is about to get his wish.

I'd like to see the Rams do the bold thing and select USC quarterback Mark Sanchez with the No. 2 overall pick in today's NFL draft. Sanchez fits the West Coast offense the team will be operating under coordinator Pat Shurmur. He's a leader who would give a bland franchise some charisma.

And you just don't know when the Rams will be in this position again, empowered with a top pick that they can utilize to grab an elite quarterback to take them into the future. Sanchez wouldn't have to play in 2009. He can sit and learn and the Rams would have time to find better offensive tackles.

But I expect the Rams to take the pragmatic approach and select one of the top offensive tackles at No. 2 overall. Given the choice between Smith and Virginia's Eugene Monroe, I hope the Rams go with Smith.

Smith has more potential. He's a remarkably gifted athlete for a big man. And those who know Smith say he's tenacious and driven to succeed. He wants to be great; he wants to dominate. If you study the video of Smith from his 2008 season at Baylor, there are repeat scenes of Smith sprinting down the field to punish a defensive back in an effort to get his runner some extra yards.

The Rams need that hunger on the field. They need that vitality in their locker room and in their huddle. They need to cultivate new leaders who will raise the competitive standards.

"I'm 6-5 and 310 pounds of twisted steel," Smith said. "I'm a football player. I take that very seriously. And I understand every single day that I have work to do. And I'm going to do everything in my power to get better, every day."

If the Rams are committed to selecting an offensive lineman - barring a last-minute trade or surprise - then please give us Smith. Monroe may be more polished, but the Rams need to bank on Smith's high-ceiling potential and personality.

I don't think I need to search for anymore articles.
LMAO that is a great article pull by Bernie BlueC!! FUnny how he's talking about the same things that he does himself...... Hip-Po_Crit