Bernie Articles On This Site Are No More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It is worth noting that amongst a bunch of rational fans (and me), this move has been with pretty strong support.

If Phx decided to, say, ban all of Wagoner's articles, the reaction would likely be a LOT different.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Okay, @PhxRam, can we bury this thread now and any further mention of this clown? Let's move on please.

Alan

Legend
I am categorically against all forms of censorship. Who's next on the list?
upload_2014-5-13_7-47-43.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
First Amendment?

You may not agree with what Bernie says but he has every right to say it. Having said that, the moderators of this forum have the right to exclude content that they deem inappropriate.

I think that what Bernie writes is rubbish (how the fuck is this guy a professional journalist? My six-year-old niece could do better) but I still read his articles for entertainment purposes.

They always make me laugh.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have always just selectively picked out the pertinent info and ignored the rest but I guess in todays age of ubiquitous information he seldom really had an inside insight anyway.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have always just selectively picked out the pertinent info and ignored the rest but I guess in todays age of ubiquitous information he seldom really had an inside insight anyway.
And if he wasn't a sloth, he'd be able to get some inside info. As X so often charges his columns are the product of rehashing the work of others and without attribution, his "pride" in being persona non grata ,aught to be reason for alarm with his bosses, having a running battle with a sports team is not in the interest of his paper ( his columns banned here just one example of the damage to the paper) nor the Rams.
Stan should buy that paper and fire the FatBastard

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It's a bit far to go, but to meet my idol it's worth it.

Just don't get between him and the waffle station.

I used to enjoy some of BFBs columns. He was critical of the organization when it really did need it at times. I am all for that, if it can be presented in a constructive fashion. Jrry mentioned that earlier and I agree that he just comes off like a dickhead now. I think he is butthurt because this regime/players have no desire to talk to his chubby self. Every time I finish one of his columns, I feel like punching him in the spleen.

Sorry Bern, but we don't do the Skip Bayless BS round heyah....soooooooo

S4DN95o.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
To be fair, if I had to go through life with the initials B.M., it might make me pretty unpleasant too.

Just as an aside, I've moderated a few forums in my day, and I always hated when trolls inevitably contended that moderation actions were due to intolerance of their opinions rather than inappropriateness of their actions, and the First Amendment protected their opinions.

This (and almost every other) forum is a privately owned space, much like someone's house. If the management here wanted to arbitrarily ban everyone who had the letter E in their name, they'd have every right to do that (even if it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do). The First Amendment only says that CONGRESS cannot limit Free Speech, not that one has the right to be on someone else's property regardless of the owner's wishes.

Bernie's 1st Amendment rights are demonstrably not infringed as he can still say whatever he wants elsewhere.

I know this isn't news to most of you, but it's a big Internet pet peeve of mine.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Being on STLtoday poisoned Bernie, he used to be so much better, then his press box started blowing up and he started falling into the same habits of the sky fallers, seeing imminent disaster where there is none before anything has even happened. He's got his head buried in the sand and doesn't mind showing it while Burwell continues to blow him out of the water.

Sad really.

To be fair, if I had to go through life with the initials B.M., it might make me pretty unpleasant too.

Just as an aside, I've moderated a few forums in my day, and I always hated when trolls inevitably contended that moderation actions were due to intolerance of their opinions rather than inappropriateness of their actions, and the First Amendment protected their opinions.

This (and almost every other) forum is a privately owned space, much like someone's house. If the management here wanted to arbitrarily ban everyone who had the letter E in their name, they'd have every right to do that (even if it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do). The First Amendment only says that CONGRESS cannot limit Free Speech, not that one has the right to be on someone else's property regardless of the owner's wishes.

Bernie's 1st Amendment rights are demonstrably not infringed as he can still say whatever he wants elsewhere.

I know this isn't news to most of you, but it's a big Internet pet peeve of mine.

Phew I survived this round of cuts :cautious:.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
While I understand the difference between a columnist and a beat writer, somewhere along the line Bernie's writing became less and less about the teams and more and more about himself.

We just...don't...care.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I understand the difference between a columnist and a beat writer, somewhere along the line Bernie's writing became less and less about the teams and more and more about himself.

We just...don't...care.
This^^^

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

We just...don't...care.

A beat writer gives update on a near daily basis about the team. Transactions, draft picks, who they've brought in for visits, potential signings, etc. A columnist just gives opinions on the state of the team. Or in Bernie's case...snarky comments with no consistency.