Ben Skowronek sustains fractured forearm, to undergo surgery Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – Rams rookie wide receiver Ben Skowronek fractured his forearm in Saturday night's preseason game against the Chargers and will undergo surgery Monday, a team spokesperson said.

There is no timetable yet for Skowronek's return.

The Notre Dame product was chosen in the seventh round of this year's draft by the Rams after posting 29 receptions for 439 yards and five touchdowns across 11 games last year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
well T.Jackson just made the 53. Hope for a quick recovery Skow

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i didn't watch the 2nd half. did it happen on special teams?

TexasRam

Legend
Yea i was wondering where the hell he was.

I was thinking Dam, Mcvay is even holding out dudes on the bubble.

It must have been on special teams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder how long he will be sidelined?

Simple fractures are typically 6 weeks, minimum. But, my guess the degrees of these injuries vary considerably.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder how long he will be sidelined?

Simple fractures are typically 6 weeks, minimum. But, my guess the degrees of these injuries vary considerably.
Pup list? Imo

no one talked about the offensive line? Hard call,but I was impressed a little. Bobby Evans was out there a lot getting playing time Shelton,Anchrum,Jackson,Brewer as well. —Shelton looked good after sitting out.Thought he would go pup list.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't remember him on the field. I would guess they stash him on IR for awhile. It simplifies the WR position.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't remember him on the field. I would guess they stash him on IR for awhile. It simplifies the WR position.
Yeah, could be a blessing in disguise. Allows you to keep T.Jackson and Skow in the organization without exposing either to waivers.

So buys some time for now.

Would be great if Triston Jackson shows enough that WR can be ignored in the draft next yr so they can focus on more urgent needs like a new crop of OL, edge help, and CB.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
And add possible RB, I don't have faith in Henderson sadly

oldnotdead

Legend
Looks like T. Jackson is going to make the roster as the #6 WR. Benny Sko broke his arm in practice. I can see him on IR with a return option depending on the severity of the break. Too bad because he was looking good in TC. This simply reinforces Sean's policy of holding back his top players from pre-season. Practice is dangerous enough.

oldnotdead

Legend
Needing surgery isn't a good sign. It would seem it's not a simple fracture. If muscles or screws are involved then his recovery could be prolonged and might cost him the season.

Look for Harris to be held out the rest of preseason after Benny Sko's injury in practice.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Maybe a red-shirt-season on IR is a good thing given the Rams depth at receiver.

Also think the NFL has loosened the rules allowing for more players to come-off IR during the year.

Should Skowronek heal-up, and the Rams have some injuries, he could return.

Ram65

Legend
Tough luck for Benny Skow. He was showing well in practice. I'm sure we all were looking forward to seeing him on STs and maybe getting some WR reps. So T Jackson should make the team. I hope Benny heals fast and well. He will put the work in to heal and stay in shape.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, fuck.

I guess they can stash him on IR as others have suggested. Hate it though, along with Harris I was really looking forward to see what this kid could do.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Looks like T. Jackson is going to make the roster as the #6 WR. Benny Sko broke his arm in practice. I can see him on IR with a return option depending on the severity of the break. Too bad because he was looking good in TC. This simply reinforces Sean's policy of holding back his top players from pre-season. Practice is dangerous enough.

The report says he did during the game against the Chargers. He wasn’t held out as the starters were.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh ok, I didn't see some of the game. Been having intermittent power outages. They don't last long but then all my electronics need to be reset. Thank you Ramrocket.

Regardless it will allow them to keep T Jack on the roster. I for one don't see this game as a total disaster. It separated some of the lower-end players from the others and it was a good barometer for A Jack and Anchrum. I was very impressed with A. Jack after all the evaluations made him sound like a very long term project. He looks like he will be ready to contend for the RT job next year along with Anchrum with the loser becoming the swing OT.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Oh ok, I didn't see some of the game. Been having intermittent power outages. They don't last long but then all my electronics need to be reset. Thank you Ramrocket.

Regardless it will allow them to keep T Jack on the roster. I for one don't see this game as a total disaster. It separated some of the lower-end players from the others and it was a good barometer for A Jack and Anchrum. I was very impressed with A. Jack after all the evaluations made him sound like a very long term project. He looks like he will be ready to contend for the RT job next year along with Anchrum with the loser becoming the swing OT.
Have to agree. T Jackson looked good. Not so sure about Alaric. That side of the line was leaking quite badly. Not sure who was at fault though.

TexasRam

Legend
Have to agree. T Jackson looked good. Not so sure about Alaric. That side of the line was leaking quite badly. Not sure who was at fault though.
I counted 6 misblocks by Brewer and 3 by Jackson. But Jackson got better as it went along. He could have got called 1-2 times for a hold. But overall I thought he showed some potential. Not near ready to play on Sundays vs top talent.