Been thinking about our FA signings under the McVay regime...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Finnigan - fail
Hayes - good
Cook - fail
Britt - pass
Sensabough - colossal fail.

Fair grades.

Wells - fail
Ojinnaka - colossal fail.
Long, Jake - average but overall fail.
Joseph, Davin - fail
Turner, Rob - success but they cut him anyway.
Richardson, Barry - success but they replaced him anyway.

This ain't no way to run a railroad.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair grades.

Wells - fail
Ojinnaka - colossal fail.
Long, Jake - average but overall fail.
Joseph, Davin - fail
Turner, Rob - success but they cut him anyway.
Richardson, Barry - success but they replaced him anyway.

This ain't no way to run a railroad.

how is it possible to miss on just about every oline addition?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

Rob Turner and Barry Richardson were solid veteran players on a line that gelled decently in the second half of the season - but in their infinite wisdom, they decided to rebuild the entire O-line - AGAIN.

Replacing three to four players a year on your O line prevents it from ever gelling correctly.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Finnigan - fail
Hayes - good
Cook - fail
Britt - pass
Sensabough - colossal fail.

Jared Cook and Kenny Britt are in the same boat. They both produced but had their issues. I wouldn't call Jared Cook a "fail".

Injuries. Jake Long tore his ACL. That had nothing to do with his biceps prior to signing him. Scott Wells never missed a game in Green Bay and was a Pro-Bowler. He had a bunch of knee scopes done. Davin Joseph, was also a former Pro-Bowler. Why do you insist on just listing out names that didn't meet expectations but just label them as fails?

I also find it funny that people are bringing up guys like Quinn Ojinnaka and Coty Sensabaugh. That guy along with others are the constant roster coming and goings that happens at every team. But hey, ammunition counts in the raggin' guns.

I fully expect Sean McVay's FAs, both currently and future FAs to be cut/released/traded as the years go on. Will you apply the same labels then? It's just common NFL roster moves.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I wouldn't call Jared Cook a "fail".
When you look at the size of his contract and then add on personal things like;

Shoving the starting quarterback.

Dropping game winning touchdown passes that hit him right in the chest.

His little political drama like "hands up don't shoot"

Incredibly bad blocking downfield.

Incredibly bad blocking in the backfield including going; Ole! Consistently.

If his targets had gone to anybody else they would have produced about the same as he did.

So I'm changing my grade to MAJOR fail.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
jared-cook-shoves-austin-davis.gif

When you look at the size of his contract and then add on personal things like;

If his targets had gone to anybody else they would have produced about the same as he did.

I miss Hayes. Class act.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
guys like Quinn Ojinnaka .....are the constant roster coming and goings that happens at every team.
Ojinnaka is just a symptom of a major problem.

They had a need to rebuild the O line and they're bringing players that had absolutely no chance to upgrade said line.

An injured Center?

Ignore players ready to play O line in the draft with Cordy Glenn sitting right there?

Sign a left tackle that has just finished two years on the injured reserve list? Did it really take a fortune teller to tell them how risky that was?

Constantly changing your O line every year with three or four players?

It was a cluster fuk if I ever saw one. :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You will notice that Jared Cook didn't want anything to do with William Hayes when Hayes started straightening him out.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There are always FA failures. No team is going to bat 1.000. Getting good play out of half of your FA's is a success.

Throw Paul Boudreau under the bus for most of those OL failures. (Anyone notice PB is still unemployed?)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
There are always FA failures. No team is going to bat 1.000. Getting good play out of half of your FA's is a success.

Throw Paul Boudreau under the bus for most of those OL failures. (Anyone notice PB is still unemployed?)
Funny how Fisher never thought of replacing him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
jared-cook-shoves-austin-davis.gif

If Jared Cook had even thrown an occasional chip block like he did on Keenum, we might have pulled off a winning record in his three years here.

Angry Ram

Oh boy. It's pretty obvious you wanna chomp at each and every bit without looking at the big picture. But here goes anyway.

And Steve Smith punched a teammate. Real fights occur in camp every year. Point is, tempers flare in this game.

Unless you're talking about Lance Kendricks against the Panthers, I don't recall very many game winning TD passes to Jared Cook. Most wins were already sealed in the fourth quarters.

And he also held charity runs every year in St. Louis. But let's look at the negative, always shall we?

Subjective. I don't think it was any worse than any other non-lineman on the field.

Well, duh. But I guess since this is just more fodder for the rag cannons, so let's aim 'em at Jared Cook.

lol. OK.

Ojinnaka is just a symptom of a major problem.

Seriously? Will the first roster fodder FA be another "symptom?"

They had a need to rebuild the O line and they're bringing players that had absolutely no chance to upgrade said line.

They brought in 2 Pro Bowlers at LT and C. They obviously had a chance to upgrade the line.

An injured Center?

Who? Scott Wells, who never missed a game in his career? Or John Sullivan?

Ignore players ready to play O line in the draft with Cordy Glenn sitting right there?

Then they wouldn't have had Janoris Jenkins. And they've drafted linemen every year. Seems to me was to have a nice mix of veterans and rookies.

Sign a left tackle that has just finished two years on the injured reserve list? Did it really take a fortune teller to tell them how risky that was?

So do you consider John Sullivan a risky move? Or is this just a thing to bash on the previous staff at any chance you get?

Constantly changing your O line every year with three or four players?

Funny, when I'm looking at the rosters from 2012 - 2016, most players remained the same until 2015 when they drafted 3 linemen.

Angry Ram

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Were the players bad....or was the coaching....Remember Ty Nsekhe? He's looking good now....Kush & Reynolds could always play to me as well....Helll, I almost wanna claim it was a saboteur in our mist...So, we didn't necessarily miss...Hell, I think a couple of these guys can play....I am worried about health.

This is interesting but wasn't he not in the best of health too? I swear this was Fish doing his boy a solid. Probably getting his kid some experience....

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Oh boy. It's pretty obvious you wanna chomp at each and every bit without looking at the big picture. But here goes anyway.

And Steve Smith punched a teammate. Real fights occur in camp every year. Point is, tempers flare in this game.

Unless you're talking about Lance Kendricks against the Panthers, I don't recall very many game winning TD passes to Jared Cook. Most wins were already sealed in the fourth quarters.

And he also held charity runs every year in St. Louis. But let's look at the negative, always shall we?

Subjective. I don't think it was any worse than any other non-lineman on the field.

Well, duh. But I guess since this is just more fodder for the rag cannons, so let's aim 'em at Jared Cook.

lol. OK.

Seriously? Will the first roster fodder FA be another "symptom?"

They brought in 2 Pro Bowlers at LT and C. They obviously had a chance to upgrade the line.

Who? Scott Wells, who never missed a game in his career? Or John Sullivan?

Then they wouldn't have had Janoris Jenkins. And they've drafted linemen every year. Seems to me was to have a nice mix of veterans and rookies.

So do you consider John Sullivan a risky move? Or is this just a thing to bash on the previous staff at any chance you get?

Funny, when I'm looking at the rosters from 2012 - 2016, most players remained the same until 2015 when they drafted 3 linemen.
My bad.
You have now convinced me that Jared Cook was a great sign and the Rams are expert Oline builders under Fisher.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
John Sullivan if he ends up playing as bad as Scott Wells did, will more than likely be replaced.
Fisher stuck with Wells despite him looking weak and never drafted a healthy replacement worthy of starting.

Ridiculous in my opinion.