Baldy with a repulsive stat...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
3MLBWP8.jpg

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The defenders are sagging off their man 5-8 yards every play. Any one of us could complete more than half of our passes against these turds.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Our CB's... Finnegan and Jenkins? These guys got to be pissed. Penthouse to the Outhouse.

They are getting dragged into the mud by this scheme. Unless of course; it's them and not the scheme.

RamzFanz

Damnit
CGI_Ram said:
Our CB's... Finnegan and Jenkins? These guys got to be pissed. Penthouse to the Outhouse.

They are getting dragged into the mud by this scheme. Unless of course; it's them and not the scheme.

I used to be a Saints fan back during the original Aint's and paper bags. I know bad players and bad schemes. I watched the Aint's give up a 36-3 point lead at halftime, while I was at the game, and called my Buffalo fan family in upstate NY to talk smack. This was pay phone days. I've seen really bad, and THIS was REALLY bad scheming.

At this point I would call it unacceptable. One more game with this scheme and play calling horror and I'd be ready to call it unforgivable.

V3

Hall of Fame
raised_fisT said:
The defenders are sagging off their man 5-8 yards every play. Any one of us could complete more than half of our passes against these turds.

5-8 yards is on the low side. A lot of times it's closer to 10.

V3

Hall of Fame
A55VA6 said:
I don't blame the corners... the scheme puts them in a bad spot.

I agree to an extent. I still think Finnegan is getting slower. I'd like to see him in press. I think he does best when he gets to play physical.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry. It just makes me sick. What? Are we afraid that if the CBs play up a few yards, they are going to get beat? I can really see this logic because backing off sure is making it tough for receivers to do anything but catch the ball, turn and run, get a head of steam before the defender gets there, make third and 7 a gimme, allow the receiver to ensure the CB stays out of the play on run plays, make all TEs look like Tony Gonzales in his youth, make passes defended an impossible feat, allow QBs to hit a 7 yard outlet in .5 seconds, prevent the D-line from EVER having any hope of getting consistent pressure on the QB. Why would we ever want to ditch this devilishly beautiful defensive scheme? And 71%? This must be due to drops, piss poor routes, and just plain bad passes. That ball should never hit the ground against this scheme.

Question.... We kept hearing about how the ball rarely hit the ground in camp. Is this the reason?

I'm sorry but these players are neither this bad nor this wet behind the ear. There is no other excuse but a very poorly coached and schemed defense. Something HAS to change and in a fucking hurry.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
V3 said:
raised_fisT said:

5-8 yards is on the low side. A lot of times it's closer to 10.

Yeah... watch Jenks. He STARTS a lot of plays 8-10 yards off and then back pedals immediately even though the receiver is not bolting toward him. When a receiver cuts toward the middle, there is absolutely NO WAY Jenks is making a play until after an 8 yard reception. WTF???

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
Yeah... watch Jenks. He STARTS a lot of plays 8-10 yards off and then back pedals immediately even though the receiver is not bolting toward him. When a receiver cuts toward the middle, there is absolutely NO WAY Jenks is making a play until after an 8 yard reception. WTF???

Thats hard to watch.

Thats why I think the coaches are getting beat up right now. WTF are they looking at?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:

Thats hard to watch.

Thats why I think the coaches are getting beat up right now. WTF are they looking at?

I dunno. And what message do you send to your players? We're going to keep everything in front of you because otherwise, we know you will just get beat. Have you seen a single play where Jenks was in the guy's face and battling when the ball got there? There had to have been some this year. Right?

I'm sorry, it really sickens me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:

Thats hard to watch.

I dunno. And what message do you send to your players? We're going to keep everything in front of you because otherwise, we know you will just get beat. Have you seen a single play where Jenks was in the guy's face and battling when the ball got there? There had to have been some this year. Right?

I'm sorry, it really sickens me.

That's my take, 503. It's a bad hand to play by Walton.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't get the scheme. They say we're scared of our inexperienced safeties, but our CBs are pretty good, they can make up for their lack and if they can't get it right more times than they get it wrong they shouldn't be out there anyways.

Nothing is helping depriving them of experience and putting our CBs through the wringer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher is taking this 'big play' stat way out of context. It seems that he and his staff have figured that if you take away the 'big play' that it equates to winning. In theory it does but playing back and allowing a team to get long drives is as good as giving them big plays........which the Rams have done anyway, despite focusing on limiting the big play.

Ditto for offense. Fisher knows that teams with more 'big play' win the most games. So he makes the offense faster. The trouble is that faster is also smaller in this case and the Oline can't open a hole for the smaller faster RBs to run through so there is no running game. With no running game the defenses just stack the line and put the rush on and play the pass. That limits the big play. At least with SJ there was still a threat of a running game because he made his own holes. So last year they had some long throws. That is not happening in this year with no time for the long plays to develop.

This hole focusing on the 'big play' or 'explosive play' is eerily reminiscent of former Ram first time coach Scott Linehan. Fisher should know that there is more to coaching than focusing on a one dimensional stat.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
That's fine, most (so far) are concentrating on the poor D play, scheme and coaching, but what about the "O"? What about dropping 4 straight passes in the 4th Q that arrived on the numbers, what about the special teams penalties and all the other penalties? What about the D line being embarrassed by a team that couldn't run for shit, until this Sunday.

As for any arguements about whether this was the worst game they've played in 40+ years? Yes, we've seen rotten games before, but honestly, I can't recall this bad a beat down WITH THIS LEVEL OF TALENT, EVER!!!!!!!

What is it about the Cowcrappers, why does this team fold time after time against this group of blown up prima-donna's? Worse yet, why do I have to endure this shit over and over....I live in Dallas, you have no idea how tough this is, I've been receiving calls all morning by my Dallas friends and it ain't pretty.

You know what this means.....it means I have to put my Rams cap in moth balls because I sure as shit can't wear it around here for the remainder of the season, especially since it matches my eyes :roll:

And as for the NFC West being the toughest:

Az 7 pts
Niners 7 pts
Rams 7 pts

Yeah, it's a bad ass division alright.....where's my gun, I might as well end it now. :amped: :bummed: :sick: