Av’s Preliminary Mock Draft (Picks 1-18) and Rams Draft Boards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here are my preliminary draft lists. I’ve mocked the first 18 picks leading up to the Rams’ selection at No. 19. I’ve then provided my Top 10 draft board, some guys I’m hoping to see fall to Rounds 2 and 3, and some Day 3 sleepers.

First Round Mock: Picks 1-18
1. Chicago Bears: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Washington Commodes: Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
3. New England Patriots: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
5. Los Angeles Chargers: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
6. New York Giants: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
7. Tennessee Titans: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State
8. Atlanta Falcons: Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
9. Chicago Bears: Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
10. New York Jets: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
11. Minnesota Vikings: Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
12. Denver Broncos: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
13. Las Vegas Raiders: Byron Murphy, II, DT, Texas
14. New Orleans Saints: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
15. Indianapolis Colts: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
16. Seattle Seahawks: Jer’Zahn Newton, DT, Illinois
17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
18. Cincinnati Bengals: J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama

Rams Draft Board: Top 10
1. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
2. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
3. Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
4. Keon Coleman, WR, FSU
5. Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
6. Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL, Oregon
7. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
8. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
9. Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri
10. Brian Thomas, Jr., WR, LSU

Guys I like for Day 2 (Rounds 2-3):
1. Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
2. Trey Benson, RB, FSU
3. Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
4. Darius Robinson, EDGE, Missouri
5. Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
6. Jalen McMillon, WR, Washington
7. Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
8. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
9. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
10. Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College

Guys I’d Love to See on Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)
1. Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
2. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia
3. Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State
4. Jaylan Ford, LB, Texas
5. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Pretty good overall @AvengerRam. I only disagree on the Bargers pick thus far. If their new GM was smart, he’d trade back and take an edge (to replace Mack) or a corner.

The Bargers are stacked at WR and need help on defense as they are likely to trade an edge such as Mack to realize some cap savings as they are likely starting in a $40M deficit.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd be pretty disappointed if all 3 of those Edge's are gone by our pick, but, certainly possible. Nice corner list there. You definitely have Coleman much higher then I'd have him. Hell, I'd have him on the Day 2 list, below several you have listed. In this scenario, I would very much hope the Rams addressed Edge in FA, which I think is highly likely.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty good overall @AvengerRam. I only disagree on the Bargers pick thus far. If their new GM was smart, he’d trade back and take an edge (to replace Mack) or a corner.

The Bargers are stacked at WR and need help on defense as they are likely to trade an edge such as Mack to realize some cap savings as they are likely starting in a $40M deficit.
Not sure stacked is the right word here. They are in such cap hell that Allen/Willams are likely a cut/trade canidates. Then they are left with Palmer and the vastly disappointing Johnston. I also think Bowers is a very real option for them here.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe Allen and Williams are both UFAs.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only after the 2024 season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure stacked is the right word here. They are in such cap hell that Allen/Willams are likely a cut/trade canidates. Then they are left with Palmer and the vastly disappointing Johnston. I also think Bowers is a very real option for them here.
Plus way too many injuries. Though you have to factor in last year's WR to future considerations.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If the board falls that way and we don’t take our future CB1 at #19, I will be fuming.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely see CB as the strongest position group for the mid-late first round.
Same unless a guy like Latu or Verse fall. Latu eval is 100% up to the medicals however. Best pass rusher in draft IMO, but scary injury history.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the draft fell this way, I wonder if the Rams would have made an attempt to move up for Nabers or Bowers.

Anyway, if the media draftniks with NFL connections views equals the Rams views then OTs Tyler Guyton & Troy Fautanu might be options, too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assuming Bears go Caleb, where does Fields go? Is that why Atlanta doesnt go QB?

On a side note, how awkward will the QB room be for the Commodes?
Maye was Howell's backup in NC, now he would come to town as the starter in waiting.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
On a side note, how awkward will the QB room be for the Commodes?
Maye was Howell's backup in NC, now he would come to town as the starter in waiting.
It’s a new coaching staff next year so let’s account for that too. None of the Commode QBs hit their potential in that system. It’s quite possible Howell is the starter until Maye is ready.

Keep in mind, 2023 could have been a middle school offense like Rivera’s teammate. Wouldn’t surprise me

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Assuming Bears go Caleb, where does Fields go? Is that why Atlanta doesnt go QB?
Fields to Atlanta for a second round pick (and maybe a mid round pick or two) could make a lot of sense for both teams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a new coaching staff next year so let’s account for that too. None of the Commode QBs hit their potential in that system. It’s quite possible Howell is the starter until Maye is ready.
Doesnt change that Maye backed up Howell and now Howell will eventually back up Maye. Sooner than later
Kind of strange.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Doesnt change that Maye backed up Howell and now Howell will eventually back up Maye. Sooner than later
Kind of strange.
star wars 80s GIF

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The more I see from Ladd McConkey at the Senior Bowl, the more I really like him for our system.

I don't see taking him at No. 19, and he might not last to our second round pick, but if we traded back and obtained an extra Top 50 pick, I could see getting him and one of the CBs on my board.