Av’s FINAL 2023 Rams Draft Board (Top 40)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think if the Rams are really committed to Stafford for the next few years then they go Oline early and often. I see two Offensive Linemen being drafted with their first 3 picks. Maybe 3.
I don't completely disagree with that but a few things; they currently have 9 OL under contract, sure not all of them are amazing. Secondly, its not an amazing OL draft IMO. Lastly, our defense is in tatters and will be continuously scored upon without some immediate upgrades.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I don't completely disagree with that but a few things; they currently have 9 OL under contract, sure not all of them are amazing. Secondly, its not an amazing OL draft IMO. Lastly, our defense is in tatters and will be continuously scored upon without some immediate upgrades.
I'm taking the view that 23 is a rebuild year and that they're aiming for 24 and 25. It takes time to build a cohesive OLine so the time to start is now. You can always add talent to a Defense when your ready to roll.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly shocked that you don't have Witherspoon on that list, but have Gonzalez and Porter. I think Witherspoon is far and away the best CB prospect in this draft and in a tier of his own. Paris Johnson is also a surprise to me. Just off the top of my dome, mine:

1. Will Anderson
2. Devon Witherspoon
3. Calijah Kancey
4. Peter Skoronski
5. Anthony Richardson - perfect to sit behind Stafford next 2 years and develop.
Witherspoon is a great prospect, but I prefer the bigger CBs for us.

Johnson, in my opinion, is the safest pick in the draft.

Kancey is very intriguing, but the Aaron Donald comparisons I’ve seen in the media must stop. Kancey had 7.5 sacks/14.5 TFL last year. AD at Pitt (2013): 11 sacks/28.5 TFL!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I totally agree on Kancey, he is no Donald and people who say he is are just helmet scouting. And, after some thought, I'd take Kancey off my top 5 board. I was just spit balling.

IMO Witherspoon is plenty big enough at 6', Gonzalez is 1" bigger. Porter is 3" bigger and thicker. Witherspoon plays like a bigger guy and hits like a ton of bricks (a la Ramsey). He also covers as good or better then both of those prospects in my opinion. Probably my favorite prospect in the draft

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Yeah, I totally agree on Kancey, he is no Donald and people who say he is are just helmet scouting. And, after some thought, I'd take Kancey off my top 5 board. I was just spit balling.

IMO Witherspoon is plenty big enough at 6', Gonzalez is 1" bigger. Porter is 3" bigger and thicker. Witherspoon plays like a bigger guy and hits like a ton of bricks (a la Ramsey). He also covers as good or better then both of those prospects in my opinion. Probably my favorite prospect in the draft
Fair enough. He’s a top prospect, for certain. Just not one of my top 5.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Emmanuel Forbes or Deonte Banks would be amazing, but I don't know if they make it out of the first round.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I was thinking about the likelihood of trading down from Pick #36. For me, the board should have a “trade line.” If a player above the line is available, I would (absent a favorably lopsided proposal) just make the pick. If all the players above the line are gone, I’d be on the phone looking to add additional picks in the first 4 rounds.

My trade line: between (8) Cody Mauch and (9) Felix Anudike-Uzoma.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I committed to this board, so I’m going to leave it in tact, but I feel like, with Allen Robinson’s departure, I need to reconsider the WR position.

Here are a few I like:

Day 2:
Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee (if he falls to #36)
Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi (Round 3)
Cedric Tillman, Tennessee (Round 3)
Tyler Scott, Cincinnati (Round 3)

Day 3:
Trey Palmer, Nebraska
Jayden Reed, Michigan State
A.T. Perry, Wake Forest

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it me or is this one of the weakest WR drafts in many years? Especially late. I'm sure McVay is seeing the same thing and I'm more then a bit afraid of 36 being a :
Q.Johnston - a lot of people have him falling, but I don't see him getting to 36 personally)
Z.Flowers - same, though his stock seems to be ascending)
Hyatt - who I personally am not big on especially at 36)
Tank Dell - please no

I'm kind of in on a guy like Boutte in the late 3rd-4th. Think he has yet to show what he's fully capable of.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Interesting List

Israel Abanikanda, Cody Mauch, Keele Ringo, Eli Ricks, Sean Tucker (medical), or Andre Carter wouldn't make my top 75 or even higher.

I may miss someone, but here's a quick 25 for me:

Group A (in no particular order)
Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
O’Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State

Group B (in no particular order)
Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern
John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
Felix Anudike-Uzoma, EDGE, Kansas State
Steve Avila, OG/C, TCU
Joe Tippman, C/G, Wisconsin