Av’s FINAL 2021 7 Round Rams Mock Draft (Version 3.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Here are some other projections for the Rams' pick at No. 57:

Dane Brugler (The Athletic): Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
Jack Despeaux (Sports Illustrated): JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU
Luke Easterling (The Draft Wire): Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
Austin Gayle (PFF): Jalen Mayfield, OT/OG, Michigan
Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News): Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
Mel Kiper (ESPN): Ernest Jones, LB, South Carolina
Todd McShay (ESPN): Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
Rob Rang (Fox): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
Michael Renner (PFF): Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky
Chad Reuter (NFL.com): Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
Seth Trachtman (Yardbreaker): Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Chris Trapasso (CBSSports): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Ryan Wilson (CBSSports: Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
I want to se how fast the Rams can run to the podium if Jamin Davis or Creed Humphrey were available.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Memphis Ram I’m not a big Bucky Brooks fan but he describes Elijah Molden as a Swiss Army knife with great instincts that would thrive in a multifaceted defense.

Odd because I thought of him as more of a slot.

Memphis Ram

Legend
@Memphis Ram I’m not a big Bucky Brooks fan but he describes Elijah Molden as a Swiss Army knife with great instincts that would thrive in a multifaceted defense.

Odd because I thought of him as more of a slot.

Was just listening to Greg Cossell talk about him. He was one of his favorites. He called him a safety with CB skills. He stated that he can do everything you want a slot CB to do. Compared him to Budda Baker and Tyrann Mathieu. He doesn't have their speed and has short arms though.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The weakest positions on the team are ilb and IOl both have us losing 8 players incl possibly 5 starters. Thus needs to be a focus not cb first. There will be losses at many positions next year but we need to address the weaknesses not the strengths. Priority to resign is DWill next off-season so draft some of the upgrades at the really weak positions.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW, I used the PFF draft simulator yesterday, and all of the players I selected were available at the slots where I chose them.

Of course, Snead will probably blow the whole thing up with a bunch of trades, but I’m sticking with my picks!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The weakest positions on the team are ilb and IOl both have us losing 8 players incl possibly 5 starters. Thus needs to be a focus not cb first. There will be losses at many positions next year but we need to address the weaknesses not the strengths. Priority to resign is DWill next off-season so draft some of the upgrades at the really weak positions.

I think it a safe assumption DWill goes elsewhere for a big payday next year. Hence the need for a CB early this year. Let's see...

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Snead tends to draft looking ahead ahead like he has at RB, WR, and Safety. He even drafted Noteboom not knowing when Whit would retire and 2 IOL knowing he couldn’t afford saffold.
...so I can see a CB early. Loss of hill and possibly DW next year? It would be helpful to have someone solid back there.

I agree with you re the OL—the entire OL. The Rams need to find at least one starter to step in either this year or next. Obviously we need a Center now, but if it’s filled in house we would need to fill THAT spot.

Re the LB position: there are a ton of guys coming back we just didn’t get to see throughout camp last year and we just never know how the practices are going. So they have the bodies, we just won’t know what the staff thinks of them until they draft.
...but their overall lack of durability is bothersome. That was probably the biggest reason ebukan was the starter— he was always available!
A reliable option to upgrade THAT position would be the best addition to the defense, IMO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Here are some other projections for the Rams' pick at No. 57:

Dane Brugler (The Athletic): Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
Jack Despeaux (Sports Illustrated): JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU
Luke Easterling (The Draft Wire): Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
Austin Gayle (PFF): Jalen Mayfield, OT/OG, Michigan
Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News): Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
Mel Kiper (ESPN): Ernest Jones, LB, South Carolina
Todd McShay (ESPN): Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
Rob Rang (Fox): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
Michael Renner (PFF): Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky
Chad Reuter (NFL.com): Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
Seth Trachtman (Yardbreaker): Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Chris Trapasso (CBSSports): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Ryan Wilson (CBSSports: Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
Sometimes I like to re-visit predictions. He did not go at #57 but Jones was the Rams' second selection at #103.

Good call by Kiper.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Nice mock! And on those "experts" I just don't get the safety picks high. It smacks of people who don't pay attention to the roster. I can see one later like you have because if nothing else they're good on teams and can work their way up like Scott has. Robinson and Molden along with Stokes and Joseph are intriguing at that spot. Robert Rochell and Ambry Thomas in the 3rd with Thomas getting a boost for his return ability.
Another good call.