Av's 2023 Rams Draft Watch List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
For me, its still a bit too early for mock drafts, but here is my current "watch list" of players I could see as potential targets from the Rams in the 2023 draft (listed alphabetically):

Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE/EDGE, Northwestern
Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
Zach Harrison, DE/EDGE, Ohio State
Will McDonald, EDGE
Zion Nelson, OT, Miami (FL)
John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
Jared Verse, EDGE, FSU
Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And, as a bonus, a few FAs-to-be who I have my eye on:

Isaac Seumelo, G, Eagles
High quality starter on an offense that is dominating this year. Would be an instant upgrade.

Garrett Bradbury, C, Minnesota
Somewhat like Austin Corbett, a guy who has taken a while to find his feet. The fact that he is now thriving in an offense that clones our own makes him enticing.

Yannick Ngakoue, EDGE, Indianapolis
Just a professional pass rusher, which is something we could really use.

Dawuane Smoot, EDGE, Jacksonville
An edge who’s shown some consistency in the pass rush and could be a rising player.

Daron Payne, DT, Washington
A replacement for A’Shawn Robinson, perhaps.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sean Tucker is my favorite running back who is projected to be there when we pick. I'd love to have Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs, but they're going to go in the first round. Tucker has track speed, excellent vision, and isn't hesitant to go up the middle. He's not a good pass-protector, but he could easily become a solid pass receiver; he has the hands and smarts to do it and do it well.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Wanted the Rams to draft bradbury. He would be a god fit.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d like us to draft Ladd McConkey just because I like his name.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hmmm Jaelyn Duncan in the second round .... Any good? And has he ever been injured?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I really want a top iOL as our first pick. Edge if the guy is elite.

But the huge 6’7 270lb TE Washington from Georgia is very interesting. He’s potentially in the range of our pick right now. Great blocker. Could solve the TE issue and greatly help out the OL (he’s like an extra OL man). But I don’t see McVay liking him since he’s not speedy and toy receiver enough.

Memento

Name
Jemma

But the huge 6’7 270lb TE Washington from Georgia is very interesting. He’s potentially in the range of our pick right now. Great blocker. Could solve the TE issue and greatly help out the OL (he’s like an extra OL man). But I don’t see McVay liking him since he’s not speedy and toy receiver enough.

Arik Gilbert might even be more talented than Washington (he's on the Bulldogs as well), but he has serious character issues that need to be vetted.

But my personal preference is spending a late fourth/early fifth on Tucker Kraft (South Dakota State, same school as Rozeboom). Reminds me of Kittle in that he came from a run-oriented offense and is the best blocker in the class, and yet has special receiving traits. Washington and Gilbert may both go before him, but I think Kraft has the potential to be the best all-around tight end in this class.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I agree, he's a great player. However, I haven't seen McVay work with any Large sized TE's during his tenure as Rams coach. He seems to prefer mid-size guys that are mobile, can block on the move and can separate from defenders on the second level.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I agree, he's a great player. However, I haven't seen McVay work with any Large sized TE's during his tenure as Rams coach. He seems to prefer mid-size guys that are mobile, can block on the move and can separate from defenders on the second level.

Tyler Higbee doesn't count? He's 6'6".

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Tyler Higbee doesn't count? He's 6'6".
Good point ....however, Higbee moves well @ 6'6" 250 lbs
Also, he was drafted before McVay arrived. The question is what type of TE does McVay look for? My opinion is they will not be looking at TE's in the 260-270 lb range

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Need more OTs on this list... how about:

Broderick Jones, Georgia
Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah it's a concern. Look at the TEs that McVay has added. Speedy and pass-catchy. It's no surprise that both TE and RB are position groups they have not been able to satisfactorily fill.

He may just need improvement at TE coach. A good one will jump on the table for the right guy and maybe make Sean/Les smarter in the draft on them.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Sean Tucker is my favorite running back who is projected to be there when we pick. I'd love to have Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs, but they're going to go in the first round. Tucker has track speed, excellent vision, and isn't hesitant to go up the middle. He's not a good pass-protector, but he could easily become a solid pass receiver; he has the hands and smarts to do it and do it well.
While I'm in love with the though of Bijan or Jahmry on the Rams, I'd even had to take them with our top pick in the 2nd. There is countless very productive RB's drafted in 4th-7th round. We have bigger fish to fry then taking a 2nd high picked RB in 3 years. Additionally, the FA RB class is loaded this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I'm in love with the though of Bijan or Jahmry on the Rams, I'd even had to take them with our top pick in the 2nd. There is countless very productive RB's drafted in 4th-7th round. We have bigger fish to fry then taking a 2nd high picked RB in 3 years. Additionally, the FA RB class is loaded this year.
If Gibbs and Robinson are gone, I agree on waiting. I am hopeful they'll add a talented HB via trade or FA. I have always had a soft spot for small HBs, so unsurprisingly, I really like Deuce Vaughn from Kansas State.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The first mock I've looked at this year had BJ Ojulari dropping to us in the 2nd. What do you guys think about him as an Edge for us? He didn't put up eye popping numbers, but, having watched a number of LSU games this year, he always seemed to be in the QB's face. I'm not sure if he got dinged up as the season went on, but he started out the season wreaking havoc. 6'3 250 seems like more then enough size to seal the edge. Thoughts?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first mock I've looked at this year had BJ Ojulari dropping to us in the 2nd. What do you guys think about him as an Edge for us? He didn't put up eye popping numbers, but, having watched a number of LSU games this year, he always seemed to be in the QB's face. I'm not sure if he got dinged up as the season went on, but he started out the season wreaking havoc. 6'3 250 seems like more then enough size to seal the edge. Thoughts?
I’ve seen him, I’ve seen Nolan from georgia I’ve also seen Schmitz an iol from Minnesota and I’ve seen the LT from Oklahoma a few times too. Seems edge and OL are top targets from pundits for us. Ojulari seems like a good target to me from what I’ve seen.