Australian Rules Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
A very fun sport to watch.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@TK42-RAM who do you barrack for? My team is Carlton. I went a few times when I was over there for a year, a big clash between Collingwood and Essendon at the G was one of the games. Think the Bombers turned the pies over.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
@TK42-RAM who do you barrack for? My team is Carlton. I went a few times when I was over there for a year, a big clash between Collingwood and Essendon at the G was one of the games. Think the Bombers turned the pies over.
Geelong here. About four years ago I got hooked watching games late on weekend nights during the summer. With there being only a few games a week on FX2 in the US, I just happened to get a run of Cats games including this crazy ending in the Second Qualifying Final. That game pretty much cemented it for me fan-wise. I've been paying for Fox Soccer Plus during AFL season since then.

View: https://youtu.be/UL_tmV5JDGM?t=110

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Geelong here. About four years ago I got hooked watching games late on weekend nights during the summer. With there being only a few games a week on FX2 in the US, I just happened to get a run of Cats games including this crazy ending in the Second Qualifying Final. That game pretty much cemented it for me fan-wise. I've been paying for Fox Soccer Plus during AFL season since then.

View: https://youtu.be/UL_tmV5JDGM?t=110

ha! I was at that game! I’m a big Hawthorn fan - so of course I was disappointed when Smithy missed that goal. (Like when Greg missed that FG v the Seachickens) .... I couldn’t be too upset as the Hawks had won the past three premierships prior to that.

The Hawks will be playing the Cats again this Friday night. The competition has been reset to a 17 game season (each team plays each other once) with no crowds at this stage.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
ha! I was at that game! I’m a big Hawthorn fan - so of course I was disappointed when Smithy missed that goal. (Like when Greg missed that FG v the Seachickens) .... I couldn’t be too upset as the Hawks had won the past three premierships prior to that.

The Hawks will be playing the Cats again this Friday night. The competition has been reset to a 17 game season (each team plays each other once) with no crowds at this stage.

I was a huge Hawthorn fan growing up. But when Brisbane got their own team, I switched. Hawks still my 2nd team though.

TK42-RAM

A show called the Front Bar down here had the former AFL boss Ross Oakley (the Roger Goodell of the AFL between 1986-1996) chatting about Aussie Rules being played at the Colosseum ...

Need to skip to the 30 min mark to get vintage shots of Australian Rules in LA! ... Funny ... :ROFLMAO:

https://7plus.com.au/the-front-bar

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
A show called the Front Bar down here had the former AFL boss Ross Oakley (the Roger Goodell of the AFL between 1986-1996) chatting about Aussie Rules being played at the Colosseum ...

Need to skip to the 30 min mark to get vintage shots of Australian Rules in LA! ... Funny ... :ROFLMAO:

https://7plus.com.au/the-front-bar
Just watched it. What were those shorts? Haha

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Unfortunately, I didn't see this before the Geelong Hawthorn match started.

The AFL's quest for a foothold in the United States has received a boost, with the league signing a deal with ESPN to broadcast two games per week on American television for the rest of the season.

Just days after the AFL signed an extended domestic broadcast agreement, the league will now be shown on U.S. television via ESPN2 and ESPN3. The first match broadcast was Friday night's [AEST] Geelong-Hawthorn clash on ESPN2. Sunday's Sydney-Essendon game at the SCG will be streamed on ESPN3.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hawthorn! when i first started watching in the 80's, not sure why i picked hawthorn, but i decidedly disliked sydney and they seemed to be their (sydney / hawthorn) rival at the time. espn had an early Sat. AM game each weekend. i've watched on and off since then, inconsistent showings in this country lends to that. i find it more exciting than american football due to more action and less breaks. one time i believe an announcer made one of the best comments i've ever heard : "well you can tell he's an experienced footballer vs the younger lads as he has quite a bit fewer teeth left than they do. "
awesome sport though. if i had a bucket list it would be to watch a game live in aussie land with a ice cold beverage in hand. Cheers to those of you who have seen it live, lucky bums.............

TK42-RAM

Unfortunately, I didn't see this before the Geelong Hawthorn match started.

The AFL's quest for a foothold in the United States has received a boost, with the league signing a deal with ESPN to broadcast two games per week on American television for the rest of the season.

Just days after the AFL signed an extended domestic broadcast agreement, the league will now be shown on U.S. television via ESPN2 and ESPN3. The first match broadcast was Friday night's [AEST] Geelong-Hawthorn clash on ESPN2. Sunday's Sydney-Essendon game at the SCG will be streamed on ESPN3.

Yes unfortunately the Cats gave us a football lesson after half time on Friday night ... it was very disappointing, we didn't come out to play with any vigour after half time and the Cats were far too good.

Hawthorn! when i first started watching in the 80's, not sure why i picked hawthorn, but i decidedly disliked sydney and they seemed to be their (sydney / hawthorn) rival at the time. espn had an early Sat. AM game each weekend. i've watched on and off since then, inconsistent showings in this country lends to that. i find it more exciting than american football due to more action and less breaks. one time i believe an announcer made one of the best comments i've ever heard : "well you can tell he's an experienced footballer vs the younger lads as he has quite a bit fewer teeth left than they do. "
awesome sport though. if i had a bucket list it would be to watch a game live in aussie land with a ice cold beverage in hand. Cheers to those of you who have seen it live, lucky bums.............

That sounds like something Dennis Cometti may say. He got voted into the AFL Hall of Fame recently.

View: https://youtu.be/oLYPaLrv8tM

If you ever come down this way be more than happy to take you to a game. It's an awesome experience.

Hawks have the reigning premiers (Richmond Tigers) tomorrow night ... we'll need to play a lot better to even be competitive.

TK42-RAM

@TK42-RAM You must be loving the first half of his Hawks v Tigers game!!

Wasn't expecting that !!

Great win -- inflicting the first defeat on the Tigers since June 2019! :fistbump:

They lose Martin we gain O'Meara and we win the midfield battle. We were out on our feet in the last quarter but we were able to hang on ... and they couldn't kick straight.

View: https://youtu.be/RyC_BuOE51I

TK42-RAM

Ladder after Round 4 .

@Ramrocket ... both Queensland sides doing well . :shock:

Hawks very fortunate to scrape over the line for a win against North last night.

LadderRd4_2020.png

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Ladder after Round 4 .

@Ramrocket ... both Queensland sides doing well . :shock:

Hawks very fortunate to scrape over the line for a win against North last night.

View attachment 37083
Yep, who would have thought GC would be sitting 2nd!

Big game next week for the Lions when we meet Port. I went to the Crows game yesterday and we were horrible in front of goal. Need to be better against Port or we will get owned.

TK42-RAM

View attachment 37247
I will become a fan of the power rangers team!

The power rangers team (aka the New Zealand All Blacks) play Rugby Union not Australian Rules Football.

... and I'd love to say that they would lose to the Wallabies (in the Green & Gold) ... but more than likely they will not ... sigh.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corbs with the wrong sport, he’s had a stinker here!!