Arizona Cards thoughts (saw the full game against Redskins)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Week 1 they were bad....but they have A LOT of talent on defense
Not really. Not anymore. Jones and Peterson are jewels. The rest are either young and unproven, underachieving or just guys. Golden is a nice player. Bucannon is okay.

.....any given Sunday.....
True.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did what alone? Certainly not win.

Barry is my all time favorite non Ram ever but as great as he was - and he was - he played on very few teams that would be considered contenders. We all know SJ39 was a grown man out there but the Rams lost their asses off with him.

IMHO, they were very successful alone, granted they did not win and I'm not as high on Johnson as others, I think he's good, just not elite although Gurley looked pedestrian too with that Swiss Cheese of an offensive line that Fisher & Boudreau put out there, but Barry Sanders might be the best running back I ever saw.

DVontel

Rookie
IMHO, they were very successful alone, granted they did not win and I'm not as high on Johnson as others, I think he's good, just not elite although Gurley looked pedestrian too with that Swiss Cheese of an offensive line that Fisher & Boudreau put out there, but Barry Sanders might be the best running back I ever saw.
Johnson’s 2016 season was equal to Gurley’s 2017 season. I don’t think he’s a better runner than Gurley, but I do think he’s a better pass-catcher.

But since he’s playing with a bum QB & OC, his abilities will be marginalized, like Todd’s was under Fisher & Boras.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But since he’s playing with a bum QB & OC, his abilities will be marginalized, like Todd’s was under Fisher & Boras.

Makes sense and although Mike McCoy the Offensive Coordinator has had his struggles of late after being fired as Head Coach of the Chargers and OC for the Broncos, it was not too long ago, he was the hottest OC in the NFL....That offensive line has issues and current OL Coach Ray Brown is a good one so once they are able to draft, it should improve and I do realize the year Johnson had in 21016, but this year, he'll have to get his yards catching the football.

Sorry, besides Gurley the only other running back that scares the dickens out of me is Saints RB Alvin Mentian Kamara, who like Stacy's Mom, has got it going on.

Last edited:

DVontel

Rookie
Makes sense and although Mike McCoy the Offensive Coordinator has had his struggles of late after being fired as Head Coach of the Chargers and OC for the Broncos, it was not too long ago, he was the hottest OC in the NFL....That offensive line has issues and current OL Coach Ray Brown is a good one so once they are able to draft, it should improve and I do realize the year Johnson had in 21016, but this year, he'll have to get his yards catching the football.

Sorry, besides Gurley the only other running back that scares the dickens out of me is Saints RB Alvin Mentian Kamara, who like Stacy's Mom, he's got it going on.
@ Bold: Was it really because of him or being with the one of the greatest QBs of all time?

Alvin Kamara is awesome, but it is also thanks to a good OL as well. Put him with a inept OC & QB, & he most likely wouldn’t look like the star he is today, hurt like other star RBs that were once in that situation. He’s still one of my favorite players, though.