Are there positions that are off the board for Round 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Rams have a lot of needs so, for the most part, I’m expecting a BPA approach for their Round 2 pick.

The exceptions, in my mind are: QB, WR, ILB and S.

Agree…or do you see a scenario in which we’d take a player at one of those positions?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn’t take Receiver or safety off the board. The Rams tried to retain Nick Scott. They only vet they have is Fuller and he’s not that good. Lake and Yeast are still question marks as full time starters.

Plus they drafted Taylor Rapp in round two in 2019. So it’s not unprecedented for them to take a safety early.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Yeah..... anything Offense

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Including OL?
Not in my opinion. With the signing of Coleman Shelton and the restructure of Brian Allen, it seems they are all in with all the existing O-lineman ; they are all under contract. A very large difference between that and the defense. Defense has a hole at NT, both OLB, (2) CB, (1) ILB, and maybe (1) of the Safeties. And, it doesn't look like they will be able to bring any bargain FA's later after the draft that will make that much of a difference. I can easily see the first few selections going to OLB, NT, CB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ILB, QB, RB and maybe Safety if one of the better ones falls which I doubt happens. That would be my list but the Rams list? Who knows we're almost always wrong on these things.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you imagine what this board would be like if we selected a QB at No. 36?
:explode1::dizzy::sur::scream:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

They should be quite pleased if the guy has great talent and can lead our team for the next decade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah ILB is a probably good guess. Safety, Kicker, Punter too. All those can be had later so it would be inefficient to take them that early.

QB however is a need with only Stafford on this roster so I have a hard time saying it's off the board even though it feels unlikely.

RB probably only happens if certain guys are on the board still. Which honestly is going to be what dictates things. Who drops. Take that best guy on your board and if it's a position you don't want to take then move down.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
They should be quite pleased if the guy has great talent and can lead our team for the next decade.
Yes, that could be the long term impact.

Somehow, though, I think the immediate reaction from a high percentage of the fan base would be…shall we say…vitriolic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Depends on the quarterback. If it's one of the big four at the top, then I'm down. If it's someone like Hooker or McKee, I'd be pissed.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Depends on the quarterback. If it's one of the big four at the top, then I'm down. If it's someone like Hooker or McKee, I'd be pissed.
Hooker should play for Las Vegas. The fact that that would mean there would be a Hooker under JimmyG only makes it that much more perfect a match.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Honestly, I'd like the following positions to be off limits at 36:
RB - No back that should be available here is going to be much if any talent upgrade on Akers and many available later
MLB - Dont think any worth it here
OT - don't see any that would be great value at 36)
Safety - none talented enough IMO
WR - Do not need to pick one here, especially if the expected 1st round talent ones go as planned
TE - I'm personally not in love with any TE this high
QB - Unless one of the big 4 drop, no. Just no.

Any of the rest I could see happening (obviously not special teams guys or FBs). Edge, DL, CB, IOL should be our main concerns.