Are the Seahawks ahead of us in the division?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
If you are only looking at next season then the answer is "yes" and it is really not debatable.

Seattle beat us twice last year and they will get stronger in the draft. They will draft (at least) three picks before we get to our first pick. I expect we become competitive in '24 through free agency, but that will depend on the health of our "pillars" and the development progress made in '23.

This year is supposed to be a one year salary cap reset, but it could transition into a longer term rebuild.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
All we can go by is those 2022 final standings. We can take turns passing each other on paper, till the cows come home but it doesn't matter until early September.

Will Geno Smith have another good year or will he turn back into Geno Smith?
Will Sam Darnold or Trey Lance be under center for SF?
Will Murray be ready by December?
Will the Rams ever sign a free agent from another team?
And which one of those teams will suffer an inordinate number of injuries? IMO, it's somebody else's turn!!!
Smith has shown he can play consistently at a fairly high level. It was clear two years ago when he first stepped in for the Hawks. It's not a mirage. Good move by Seattle to lock him in on a reasonable deal.

Seahawks are going to add a top DE or D lineman with the No. 5 pick in the draft. Plus they have another first round pick.

Rams just lost another player NIck Scott at safety. A'Shawn Robinson is visiting the NY Giants.

Not hard to see where these teams are headed, at least in the immediate to near term.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The weakness isn't in the players. IMO the weakness on the Rams is at DC. Good enough Morris isn't good enough. We can only hope Aubrey Pleasant makes a difference in how the DBs play Raheem's zone. It also makes a difference who the coaches play in that secondary. If there is a weakness that is where it is.
I'm not sure on Morris. 2 yrs, 1 Lombardi, 1 so-so season. But that's another discussion.

The secondary is young. If we're successful Pleasant will be somebody's DC in 2024.

McVay has been a head coach for 6 years now and his assistants account for 1/8th of NFL head coaches with more as coordinators. Pretty soon, we're gonna see a lot more HC's and OC/DCs are ex-Rams assistants.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The case for Seattle jumping us certainly looks stronger now. But I'm not interested in giving those fucks anything. Gonna hold out and wait to see what we have come camp.
1SJcNMK.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think the Rams will struggle to win 7 games. All I'm looking for is some improvement as the season goes and young guys get more experience. I'd love to see the offense get back to averaging more than 25 points per game. But that will be iffy because it doesn't look like they're trying to improve the offensive line.

Tano

Legend
This is not even a question anymore

4th place in the NFC west as of this writing

I hope they go BPA in this draft because trying to fix holes is not going to work this draft

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
At this point is there any team worse than the Rams?

Yes, we are behind the Seahawks. They have brought in a couple of players to bulk things up to be better than last year and they have drafted better than the Rams the last few years.

We will be lucky to beat the Cards at home and will be in the running for the 1st pick in the draft.

Even with the Oline being more healthy they are not good enough as is. If Stafford goes down again in the first few games we might lose 15 games.

But, this isn’t a rebuild it’s more of a remodel.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The case for Seattle jumping us certainly looks stronger now. But I'm not interested in giving those fucks anything. Gonna hold out and wait to see what we have come camp.
Don’t hold your breath

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We have a long way to go… free agency, draft, June cuts… So, we still need some time to sort out the power ranking in our division.

2022 Standings
13-4 49’ers
9-8 Seahawks
5-12 Rams
4-13 Cardinals

The Seahawks finished on a 3-5 run. With losses to the Bucs, Raiders, Panthers, 49’ers, Chiefs

Geno Smith had a hell of a year. Is that the real Geno? Do the Seahawks consider drafting a QB?

What do you think; Are the Seahawks really ahead of us, right now?

By a LONGSHOT - Alex Smith last year said on AMAZON TV to RG111 that the Rusell Wilson trade will go down as The WORST TRADE in NFL History.
- I’m looking at who they are picking up in Free Agency.Then looking at their team from last season.(backed into the playoffs Ref’s vs. Rams) in that last game Durant missed 5 tackles at least & was afraid to tackle there Rookie going to be All Pro Rob.
Add all those 1st. Rd picks from Denver.There defense is going to be excellent.
—I drink a lot of Ram Kool-aide,but this NFC West is tough. I hope Arizona stays down & goes 0-6 in division. Maybe sneaking a victory over those other 2 teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
At this point is there any team worse than the Rams?

Yes, we are behind the Seahawks. They have brought in a couple of players to bulk things up to be better than last year and they have drafted better than the Rams the last few years.

We will be lucky to beat the Cards at home and will be in the running for the 1st pick in the draft.

Even with the Oline being more healthy they are not good enough as is. If Stafford goes down again in the first few games we might lose 15 games.

But, this isn’t a rebuild it’s more of a remodel.

That seems to be going a little far ? As Spags use to say about PILLARS. The Rams have GREAT Pillars.

AD99 - HOF ?
Kupp- HOF ?
Stafford - HOF ?

Ernest Jones & Cam Akers are nice Foundations.

A’ Robinson wr - is a tell on what The Rams are thinking in 2023 about winning.He will have a good season & is a HECK of a Good Person that wants to win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this rate we're gonna need a thread where everyone listens to REM and cuts themselves with razor blades.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
At this rate we're gonna need a thread where everyone listens to REM and cuts themselves with razor blades.

REM sucks. If you want to listen to anything that causes razor-blade-cutting, listen to Linkin Park's Breaking the Habit, System of a Down's Chop Suey, and anything by Simple Plan or Evanescence.

...Yeah, I'm listening to Evanescence's My Immortal right now. Yes, I'm sobbing in a corner. No, it's not just because of our offseason.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That seems to be going a little far ? As Spags use to say about PILLARS. The Rams have GREAT Pillars.

AD99 - HOF ?
Kupp- HOF ?
Stafford - HOF ?

Ernest Jones & Cam Akers are nice Foundations.

A’ Robinson wr - is a tell on what The Rams are thinking in 2023 about winning.He will have a good season & is a HECK of a Good Person that wants to win.
Kupp has had 1 great season and missed time in 3 others. Love him being a Ram, not convinced he is HOF.

If Stafford gets knocked out who is playing QB? I’ll wait while you try figuring out how they win any games without Stafford. IMO it isn’t happening.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Merlin, What's the connection to listening to REM and cutting ourselves with razor blades?
That doesn't sound much like something that shiny, happy people would do......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Ram65

Legend
It's looking worse for the home team every day.

So far Rams are well behind the Hags and could end up behind the Cardinals.