Apparently this guy thought our draft was bad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's gonna be fun to watch Havenstein push the Seattle DL around in spite of that poor bench press lol. Cracks me up man. If you watch the dude play he's a powerhouse, once he gets his mitts on dudes they're done.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are a couple flaws with this guy's analysis. First regarding Havenstein's poor bench press results. Most will tell you it's more important for lineman to have lower body strength. That's where they get their leverage and push. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see all our linemen with big upper bodies, along with tree-trunk type legs, but this is something that can be fixed. Second, Mannion (62%) did not have the worst completion pct. in the PAC-12 last year. That dubious distinction was owned by Arizona's QB Anu Solomon (58%). So, I say to this guy... go back and stomp on those sour grapes, and maybe you will get some whine to add to the cheese you and your seachicken fans seem to do all the time.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
It's gonna be fun to watch Havenstein push the Seattle DL around in spite of that poor bench press lol. Cracks me up man. If you watch the dude play he's a powerhouse, once he gets his mitts on dudes they're done.
Didn't he bench press quite a bit more at his pro day?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Didn't he bench press quite a bit more at his pro day?
Yeah, 20. I'm not that worried, he's going to be training at NFL level, our staff will get him strong enough. He possess all the metal and physical skills to be a solid RT. Most rookies (or veterans for that matter) struggle because they cannot get the playbook down, or the offensive system, not because they cannot bench press a car.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That fucking "enjoy LA" comment got me going. If I didn't enjoy life so much my murder count would be at least 100 by now.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'd never heard of this guy, but I don't think his points are invalid. The Rams did draft a guy coming off an ACL tear and OT with the lowest bench. I'd say a B- is about the best I could give this draft, on paper, so a C- isn't that far off.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah, 20. I'm not that worried, he's going to be training at NFL level, our staff will get him strong enough. He possess all the metal and physical skills to be a solid RT. Most rookies (or veterans for that matter) struggle because they cannot get the playbook down, or the offensive system, not because they cannot bench press a car.

He's got long arms - long arm guys can never bench as much. The stupid thing about it is that its not a good measure of functional strength for an NFL tackle - where so much of the drive in the run game comes from the legs. Sure upper body strength is massively important; but you stop a bull rush by anchoring with your feet and legs etc.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
That freaking "enjoy LA" comment got me going. If I didn't enjoy life so much my murder count would be at least 100 by now.
Any one remember the Seahawks flirtation with Los Angeles? Flirtation may be the wrong word because the owner picked up and moved the team there and now Paul Allen owns the team. Why would the Rams move to Louisiana?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
What I wouldn't give to punch that piece of shit right in his mouth. So fucking irritating.