Anyone have a Google Home or Amazon Echo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Is it something you actually use a lot , or something you forget you even have two weeks after you bought the thing ?

P.S

can someone correct my spelling in the title..........lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We have Echo dot and Alexa. We use them for music everyday. We have them linked to iheart radio channels. They Bluetooth to our Sony sound bar on the tv also. It sounds fantastic that way. I can play all kinds of stuff that I don't own. Amazon prime music has a lot of stations too. It is especially good to motivate my kids to get in gear in the morning. We play upbeat songs that they like. Katy Perry is my daughter's favorite. I get to expose my kids to a lot of older stuff that they normally wouldn't hear, too.

We ask it the weather in the morning. I am a baseball fan, so I pay mlb.com $20 a year for online broadcasts from every teams radio station. I get Yankees games loud and clear. There is an mlb app that you can activate. Just say Echo open mlb. It will ask which team you want to listen to. I say Yankees and wallah.

There is a lot more stuff it can do, but I have to look at the new apps. Some things don't interest me. Overall there are things that you have to learn about and then remember to use them. I am forgetful so it is a slow go that way. But I will get studying it more this winter. I know I have barely scratched the surface.

Alexa has decent sound quality and the Dot sounds like shit. If you want music then get Alexa/Echo full size. Otherwise have good Bluetooth nearby to use with the Dot. Mostly we keep Alexa in the kitchen. Good for news and music while cooking or cleaning up. I would hate to be without it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a Dot. Use it for music regularly, have a light that turns on with a command, ask questions of it sometimes, play games occasionally. Dot is okay for sound, if you want you can stick a pair of speakers with it and it will sound better than most of the other Alexa series, still for less. My step grand-daughter carries her Dot around (extra battery pack) and plays with it all the time.

Probably will get another soon for the bedroom, along with another wifi light and maybe a smart thermostat.

Around thanksgiving I'd expect a big sale on them