Anyone ever contracted C. Diff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Just curious if anyone has dealt with this horrible infection? I had surgery in July that went well except I caught C. Diff because of the antibiotics (Clindamycin) I was taking. Only reason I am bringing it up here is because I actually beat it and if anyone out their is suffering with it and not having successful treatment. There is still hope.

1. research a probiotic called Saccharomyces Boulardii.
2. research Turmeric and Curcumin
3. research lugol's iodine

If you read about these things above you will find they all have an ability to fight C. Diff. You have to read this stuff yourself because it's to much for me to post here but if anyone wants more detail just PM me and I'll be happy to share the details that I can.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Antibiotics nowadays are

BRU

TAL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A lot of people are like me and don't realize there is a danger taking them.
My wife had to take a round of those for a sinus infection - including the Clindamysin. She didn’t get C Diff, but she had all kinds of bad side effects. Dizziness, tinnitus, stomach cramping, nausea, etc etc. She had to quit them because the side effects of the cure were worse than the actual problem.

And now infections develop immunities to the lower courses of antibiotics, so the only way to combat THAT is to go full metal jacket on the jacked up version of the original bacteria.

Good times.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The "bad" bacteria that causes diarrhea
C. diff is the most important cause of infectious diarrhea in the United States, but it's a bit player on the long roster of intestinal bacteria. In fact, only 1% to 3% of healthy adults harbor C. diff among their normal intestinal bacteria, and, even then, C. diff is present in tiny numbers and is usually harmless.
What has turned a bit player into a major pathogen that is wreaking havoc on a rapidly growing number of Americans? Surprisingly, perhaps, the culprits are antibiotics. It sounds paradoxical, but it's not. Antibiotics are supposed to inhibit or kill bacteria, and they do. When used properly, they target aggressive bacteria that are causing infections. But even when they succeed at that task, they inevitably cause collateral damage to bacteria that are innocent bystanders in the human body. When normal intestinal bacteria are bumped off by friendly fire, a void is created. With increasing frequency, C. diff seizes the opportunity to fill the void — especially in hospitalized patients, many of whom are already weakened and ill-prepared to withstand the stress of diarrhea and fever.