Anyone else looking at this play over and over again today??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I do that almost every week this season, and there are so many highlights to watch ...

:yay::banana::rockon::cheers:

Todd59

Rookie
It really is something to watch. Considering the lack of creativity and ability we've all been witness to since Mike Martz was HC, its refreshing to see a team that can score from anywhere on the field.

Gone are the days of:
1st) SJax run
2nd) SJax run
3rd) Short pass (short of the sticks, of course)
4th) Punt

It's amazing how much difference one off-season under coaches that know how to coach quarterbacks has made in Jared Goff. I expected improvement, but only because it couldn't get much worse. But the growth in leaps and bound past anywhere I expected, and in no way is Goff a finished product.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Anyone else focus on the miracle Havenstein performed on that play? Clowney beat him badly with an inside move and Big Rob beat him back inside and walled him off. It is simply the most amazing play I’ve EVER witnessed by an OLineman. Consider Clowney’s speed and he starts running forward and Rob starts with his back to the QB. Even Clowney himself mentioned he didn’t know how Havenstein pulled it off.

BTW, he did hook Clowney which is subtle holding but miraculous nonetheless

Last edited:

Ants

Starter
Anyone else focus on the miracle Havenstein performed on that play? Clowney beat him badly with an inside move and Big Rob beat him back inside and walled him off. It is simply the most amazing play I’ve EVER witnessed by an OLineman. Consider Clowney’s speed and he starts running forward and Rob starts with his back to the QB. Even Clowney himself mentioned he didn’t know how Havenstein pulled it off.

YES -I was just going to mention that!
Looked like Havs actually started run-blocking, Clowney got past him...but Havs RACED back to shield Clowney from Goff. Beautiful!!!
Also noticed that the ref was about as close to Woods as the Texans' DB by the end of the play. :rimshot:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Hav turned a safety into a TD with a very quick move to cut off Clowney.
Kromer, is the best oline coach we've had since Hanifan. He has these guys playing a solid unit

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Hav turned a safety into a TD with a very quick move to cut off Clowney.
Kromer, is the best oline coach we've had since Hanifan. He has these guys playing a solid unit
Check out Mike Silver's typically outstanding story on NFL.com describing the play and the game. A quick excerpt:

As Clowney said afterward, walking from the visitors' locker room toward the Texans' team buses, "Man, that s--- was crazy. I don't know how they did that."

Havenstein, in a desperate measure that offensive linemen refer to as a "backdoor" maneuver, lunged his hand in front of Clowney and diverted him while spinning toward the quarterback. Goff, meanwhile, hung tough and absorbed a hit from Clowney just after delivering a perfect pass to Woods, who caught it in stride at midfield, with veteran cornerback Johnathan Joseph in futile pursuit.

Seconds later, Woods was celebrating a 94-yard touchdown catch, the Rams' longest play from scrimmage since 1964 -- and the Rams were on their way to a 33-7 rout that reaffirmed their credentials as a legitimate, if totally surprising, contender.

"The greatest trait a quarterback can have is not fearing failure -- and that's how Jared's wired," McVay marveled Sunday night. "He had brass balls on that play, and he dropped a dime. And that was so big, 'cause it opened everything up -- and after that, we were off and running."

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I love how Woods used that double move and Joseph went into a 360 spin cycle :rolllaugh:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes just to marvel at the melon head at the end of the clip.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I like this play a lot, But Whitworth's Double-Block to help on the TD has it beat for "Best Play By a OT this Year!"

But Each week the Rams come up with these Fantastic Plays! ..
* The 103 yard Kick return for a TD!
* The 3rd and 33 conversion!
* The 67 yards TD by Watkins!
* And now the 94 yard TD by Woods!
* Goff Passing for over 300 yards in each of the last two games!
( Not to mention 7 TD's!!)

It make you wonder what's next!!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Gurley with the great blitz pickup there as well. Squared up and hit the CB dead center. Love it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Havenstein and Brown still have me a lil nervous.

I'm surprised they are still doubling Kupp in the slot, and NOT giving their corners help over the top.

That was an excellent throw...
did I do that right @OldSchool ???

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

knob.gif

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
I love that play and I also love watching that fake end around swing pass to woods. That play is everything we’ve been missing since the days of martz

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm surprised they are still doubling Kupp in the slot, and NOT giving their corners help over the top.

NO.
Say it with more FEELING...something like..." EXCELLENT THROW...I have to say, Goff is the best second year QB I have ever seen! ~Old School

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I watched it several times before I noticed somebody is yelling "holding, holding!" right after Goff releases. So I went back and checked out Hav, and sure enough. Somebody above said it was "subtle," but I get the feeling we're lucky that wasn't called.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
NO.
Say it with more FEELING...something like..." EXCELLENT THROW...I have to say, Goff is the best second year QB I have ever seen! ~Old School
Really made me LOL!!!:rolllaugh:

And definitely doesn't need blue font

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Masterful work senior! Allow me to buy the next drink. My favorite part is Jared standing tall facing a blitz and delivering a perfect pass about 52 yards in the air.