Anybody heard players thoughts on Frank Cignetti?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Agreed. Despite our QB play, he's managed to be productive. Imagine if he were playing with a Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The guy isn't Gronk but he's a lot better than some Rams fans give him credit for.

Makes me think of Janoris. Seems like his penchant for bonehead mistakes and his personality turn some people off and that affects their opinion of him as a football player.

With Bradford or a legitimate starting QB for 16 games, I think he could put up 750+ yards and 6+ TDs.

in 2013 he put up 670 or so and 5 TD's with Clemens under center for almost 210 games.

Cook is legit, period.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like cook and couldn't understand why many were so critical. Then folks would bring up his inability to block or seeming lack of desire and it was a valid point. Then last year his blocking improved greatly and still he's being knocked.
Can't figure it out.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I like cook and couldn't understand why many were so critical. Then folks would bring up his inability to block or seeming lack of desire and it was a valid point. Then last year his blocking improved greatly and still he's being knocked.
Can't figure it out.
Some on here just like to trash cans n cook because they didn't want him here to begin with and when their friend of Fisher insults didn't play they went to blocking issues when blocking has improved now he apparently can't catch a cold. What's next with you people jesh

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some on here just like to trash cans n cook because they didn't want him here to begin with and when their friend of Fisher insults didn't play they went to blocking issues when blocking has improved now he apparently can't catch a cold. What's next with you people jesh
He had one horrible drop against Dallas. But players drop passes. My gosh did anyone watch Kendricks last year???

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Thread needs a re-title. Not much on the players thoughts about in house promotion more like another Cook love him or hate him? Does he under acieve or is he just an athletic freak that remains raw with a lack of football fundamentals?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You think Bradford would have said he didn't like him? I don't.

Yeah I do. Fisher said he held some pretty strong opinions. Maybe to the press Sam wouldn't have said he didn't like him, but this is private with Fisher. What incentive does he have to lie?

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah I do. Fisher said he held some pretty strong opinions. Maybe to the press Sam wouldn't have said he didn't like him, but this is private with Fisher. What incentive does he have to lie?
Cause Bradford isn't the kind to rock the boat. If Fisher likes a coach, Bradford isn't going to bad mouth him...at least, that's what he appears to be. Since none of us know Bradford, though, we'll never know so it really doesn't matter.

I honestly think the pick was because no one else outside of the Rams organisation wanted the job...at least, no one else that the Rams also wanted.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Thread needs a re-title. Not much on the players thoughts about in house promotion more like another Cook love him or hate him? Does he under acieve or is he just an athletic freak that remains raw with a lack of football fundamentals?
Or maybe a split where all the Cignetti stuff remains here, and the Cook messages are shifted into their own thread.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Can't figure it out.
It's just human nature to want something to lash out at, especially when you're losing as much as we are and Cook lends himself to it. He does things that aren't considered norm for a player so it's easy to dump on him and his actions, and since he's one of our better players his mistakes are amplified more than normal.

rambone

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yikes! Didn't realize Cook was such a lightning rod!! Agree with rdkgliders - start a Cook love him or hate him thread.

Be that as it may, lets un-hijack this thread - still looking for players thoughts on Cignetti if there are any- only see a couple (from defensive players) and thanks for those.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Can't figure it out.
you forget him shoving Davis because HE dropped a sure TD, leading the HANDS UP?besides the outcoached outburst AND WAS disinterested in blocking?
I was as high on him as could when we signed him, he's earned my disdain

FrankenRam

Starter
Can't figure it out.

IMO, many STL fans are VERY critical of any player who signs what they feel is a big contract and doesn't play far above the value of that contract. And tend not to let go of those criticisms once established. That may well be true in every NFL city for all I know, but it certainly is in STL.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
IMO, many STL fans are VERY critical of any player who signs what they feel is a big contract and doesn't play far above the value of that contract. And tend not to let go of those criticisms once established. That may well be true in every NFL city for all I know, but it certainly is in STL.
Well let's just make a blanket statement of a lack of any objective assessment, almost all coaches bring in a few people from their previous teams. Considering how physically gifted Cook is I wondered why Tenn. let him go so I ASKED some Tenn fans that was where the he doesn't block came from and he lived up/ down to that rep.
Tre Mason couldn't get in the lineup until his pass blocking improved,he did as much to improve his blocking in one training camp and five games as Cook managed through his entire first contract and two more years here,blocking is easily half attitude/willingness the other half physical capability and technique combined,his physical ability is unquestioned it's his head I question.

MrMotes

Starter
I like Cook a lot and don't get the criticism either. He's the 12th leading receiver TE on the 23rd rated passing team, seems like he's pulling more than his fair share to me.

FrankenRam

Starter
Well let's just make a blanket statement of a lack of any objective assessment,.....

I said...'IMO'. Of course there's no objective assessment. It's not like it can be objectively assessed. What are you gonna do, go out and poll the fans and ask them if they're biased against big contract players, and expect an honest answer? Seriously?

It's like the Supreme court defining obscenity. "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." And you don't have to pay all that close attention to realize it's true of a sizable portion of the STL fan base. Is there one Rams 'big money' player that hasn't received significant criticism in some circles?

Personally, while I would like to have seen more out of Cook, I don't think he deserves some of the criticism that's come his way.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I said...'IMO'. Of course there's no objective assessment. It's not like it can be objectively assessed. What are you gonna do, go out and poll the fans and ask them if they're biased against big contract players, and expect an honest answer? Seriously?

It's like the Supreme court defining obscenity. "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." And you don't have to pay all that close attention to realize it's true of a sizable portion of the STL fan base. Is there one Rams 'big money' player that hasn't received significant criticism in some circles?

Personally, while I would like to have seen more out of Cook, I don't think he deserves some of the criticism that's come his way.
you also said any which is a blanket statement

FrankenRam

Starter
you also said any which is a blanket statement

Good grief.....If we're going to pick nits, name one Rams 'big money contract' player that hasn't received some pretty harsh criticism in the last yr or 2? Even CLong & JL55 are overly criticized...IMO.