Anybody from Long Beach, or nearby?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm here with my HS senior daughter visiting Long Beach, she's looking to probably enroll as a freshman this fall at Long Beach State.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Places to see, places to avoid? Best beaches, etc.?

She's deciding between Long Beach State and Colorado State. She just visited CSU last month and it was freezing cold... so I think she's leaning toward staying here in sunny CA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cafe Sevilla. There's one in San Dog & Long Beach, when I am in either town I go there for dinner immediately.

Order the dates/bacon/blue cheese appetizer. :woozy2:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There are a lot of great eateries in LBC, next to L.A City it i the biggest city in LA bringing all the big city advantages and concerns of a big city. It is a super cool and cultural beach city with an Aquarium and the Long Beach Grand Prix is next weekend which brings a giant crowd. Mexican Food & Sea Food. I don't know the names of places.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Shoreline Village is the spot Yardhouse and Tequila Jacks right near the marina.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't remember the name of the place, but there was a burrito shop in Long Beach where people would line up outside of the shop and down the sidewalk at lunch time to get a fat burrito that was one of the best I ever ate. This was in the late 80's. I wanna call it the Super Burrito, but I knew of another excellent burrito shop(s) in Portland metro by that name, which I bet @RamFan503 remembers....

Tano

Legend
What? She isn't visiting CSU Fullerton? Gasp. Just kidding. However, I went to CSU Fullerton and it had some good business classes there. Not sure what your daughter is majoring in.

My best friend in high school went to Cal State Long Beach.

However, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Can't remember what he said about it.

I grew up in San Pedro which is right next to Long Beach.

The Long Beach Marina probably still has excellent sea food restaurants.

I wonder if the Redondo Beach pier still has some decent restaurants.

Again this was 22 years ago since I lived in Redondo Beach.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
What? She isn't visiting CSU Fullerton? Gasp. Just kidding. However, I went to CSU Fullerton and it had some good business classes there. Not sure what your daughter is majoring in.

My best friend in high school went to Cal State Long Beach.

However, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Can't remember what he said about it.

I grew up in San Pedro which is right next to Long Beach.

The Long Beach Marina probably still has excellent sea food restaurants.

I wonder if the Redondo Beach pier still has some decent restaurants.

Again this was 22 years ago since I lived in Redondo Beach.
The Horseshoe pier isn’t what it used to be when I lived there. They still have some stuff but nothing like the 80’s & 90’s.

Long Beach is full of stuff now I just never remember the names of the places we go. My daughter in law and grandson live there so we let her pick the eateries just no chains is my only ask.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Horseshoe pier isn’t what it used to be when I lived there. They still have some stuff but nothing like the 80’s & 90’s.

Long Beach is full of stuff now I just never remember the names of the places we go. My daughter in law and grandson live there so we let her pick the eateries just no chains is my only ask.
We still have the best sea food in all of Long Beach, if you like filet-O-Fish! ~ Ronald McDonald

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for comments, all.

Campus is beautiful!! Friendly students who seem to enjoy and like the school. I think my daughter has pretty much decided she wants to enroll here at CSU Long Beach.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Thanks for comments, all.

Campus is beautiful!! Friendly students who seem to enjoy and like the school. I think my daughter has pretty much decided she wants to enroll here at CSU Long Beach.
Congratulations, you must be a proud papa.
She will have a blast, great weather and lots of opportunity

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I can't remember the name of the place, but there was a burrito shop in Long Beach where people would line up outside of the shop and down the sidewalk at lunch time to get a fat burrito that was one of the best I ever ate. This was in the late 80's. I wanna call it the Super Burrito, but I knew of another excellent burrito shop(s) in Portland metro by that name, which I bet @RamFan503 remembers....
Super Mex. Right next to the Pink Elephant Bar. Super Mex burrito was as big as small loaf of bread.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Super Mex. Right next to the Pink Elephant Bar. Super Mex burrito was as big as small loaf of bread.
OMG, you're right!
Are they still around? If I ever make it out to see the Rams, I WILL go there!

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I think the original is the Belmont Shores location, but there are a couple in LBC so I think I might have to go to make sure.

2 blocks up off Ocean Blvd and then about half a block in.

wish I had one right now……haven’t been in 40 years

Last edited: