Another reason why a RB may never see a big contract again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was thinking… one strategy might be…

Build a “good player” roster, with no/few star players (need a QB).

Get as many good players as you can afford to collect via draft and FA… but shop that 75% market. Troy Hill and Darious Williams tier… get as many of these types…

When you hit in the draft, trade that player for more good players or picks as he nears the big payday. Goal is lots of good players, not paying one guy too much so you can afford the 75% FA market.

By end of the season, you stand a chance to have a very good team left standing.

You might not be dominating early in the year, so your route might be Wild Card, but by end of year you have more good players than the other guy.

I dunno. Interesting to think about…

That only works if you have a superstar QB.

Belichick basically does this and without Brady he was crap. Add Mac Jones and they're looking at maybe being the 1 seed again. Mac Jones is playing the same kind of ball that Coach B asked Brady to play... get the ball out QUICKLY and make good decisions.

Other teams have tried and I can't think of another team in the past 30 years to be able to do this besides the Pats.

I dunno, I could be wrong, but our issue isn't our "superstars", it's scheme and coaching. Even our fundamentals are lacking... too tired to go down that rabbit hole, but it's a deep one for sure.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
RBs need a different pay structure.

Something directly related to touches.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Honestly, while being an RB in HS and even College can be a great thing... It's just a garbage position in the pros.

The only saving grace would be if you were a UDFA and became a stud in your rookie season. Then you could get a 2nd contract while still being productive.

it's crazy to see 44 yo QBs and Gurley out of the league at 27.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Never ever give a RB more than a 3 year contract after the first contract

I don't care how good they are.

After 7 years, they are usually done

Very rarely do you get an AP or Gore
Those players all had knees.

Henderson is hurt again.

Here was my thinking of Cam Akers.I still am impressed with this guy.

First though I was all in on Johnathan Taylor & also wanted Dillion late a long with Akers,but Dobbins was my choice a head of Akers.

All said The Rams might be in a perfect situation,because at Can’s age he could still be a great.He will be in line to get PAID!! Will see what happens?

I’m making the call (prediction) Rught Now that Cam Akers will be the Best RB in 2022 if we count the Playoffs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
RBs need a different pay structure.

Something directly related to touches.

You should be a
Agent.

I believe Kevin Demoff is for the Players following his Father’s foot steps.

I also think & live the way The Rams since in LA under Sean Mcvay keep signing these amazing players.

I will find it interesting with Sony Michael after this season on his future.
Then I will keep adding Cam Akers to this mix.Where does his contract start & end.He will be in the start of his prime at 25 years old. Looking for a Big Contract.

Johnathan Taylor was my guy in 2020 draft. Was all in on him coming out & his value. The Colts will end up paying for him. That is the beauty of a
1st Rd pick & a 2nd rd pick.

RB’s are a different breed,but your damned if you do & damned if you don’t. Hard call & time will tell.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The more successful they are, the more likely their career will be shortened by injury, wear and tear.

Doesn’t seem right.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311

Belichick basically does this and without Brady he was crap. Add Mac Jones and they're looking at maybe being the 1 seed again. Mac Jones is playing the same kind of ball that Coach B asked Brady to play... get the ball out QUICKLY and make good decisions.

Other teams have tried and I can't think of another team in the past 30 years to be able to do this besides the Pats.

I dunno, I could be wrong, but our issue isn't our "superstars", it's scheme and coaching. Even our fundamentals are lacking... too tired to go down that rabbit hole, but it's a deep one for sure.
It is the coaching and we really don't know what their plan is. We hear things but see no changes made and errors made that are strange decisions in game. I still believe the 1st few years before we lost that first round of coaches that macvay isn't good enough to go solo with out top rate coaches. Is that Even possible?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think he will get there.

I do think that the exodus of coaches will subside this off-season as we've lost everyone worth losing other than our WR, OL and DL coaches and if they let Yarber go, I'll need to be fucking sedated.

I also hope the next round of hires has that attacking attitude that we had with LaFleur and our D coaches that left.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The great bell cow, game changing running backs are a thing of the past. I don't ever want the Rams to go into another season without three running backs capable of starting.

Funk was a fantasy when it comes to relying on his ability to start. The Niners have done great finding mid to late round backs. It can't be that difficult to find one that isn't already dealing with knee issues.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Its starting to look like McVay's big play focus on both sides of the ball is flawed. If players could stay healthy all season, then its great but it just takes too much precision.

Belichick makes it easier on his QBs with all of the running backs playing the Marshall Faulk role. It opens up the big play. McVay studied a different defensive philosophy, maybe he should study a different offensive philosophy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The star RB will still get the big money, it's just the nature of things. The level below and beyond is what really takes the hit. We've already seen the RB value decrease substantially in the draft and some of the "big names" who have been practice squads

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is the coaching and we really don't know what their plan is. We hear things but see no changes made and errors made that are strange decisions in game. I still believe the 1st few years before we lost that first round of coaches that macvay isn't good enough to go solo with out top rate coaches. Is that Even possible?

Just crazy thoughts about the coaching staff. I really enjoyed watching them against Green Bay.

The players give the coaching staff NOTHING,but praise. Just wondering if this is in blue font.

I guess coach Thomas Brown is not a good run game coordinator? I guess I’m dumb for thinking The Rams actually are a SuperBowl contender.